Job Openings

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Burgin is open as Don Irvine is retiring.

Monticello is listed on the KHSAA site as is Thomas Nelson (new school for 2012-2013)

Wonder why Monticello is open.

Thomas Nelson is the new school in Nelson County. It is supposed to have about 500 enrolled for next year.

Now that the state tournament is upon us and the rumors have started to swirl, what are some jobs that ARE open. Lets try to make sure that these are valid statements. Silly rumors that are read can cause more damage than needed.

I am sure we will hear more once the state tourney starts.....we always do.

Bill Smallwood is resigning as boys' basketball coach at Berea. He had two stints with the Pirates totaling 19 years (1988-2001, 2008-12) and had an overall record of 283-243. Coaching at a small public school was a challenge that Smallwood relished. Competing was more important than winning, but Berea did both under his watch. He was "proud of the character-driven program we had" and the young men it helped to mold. Smallwood said he was also appreciative of the school that gave his three daughters a great education. He had opportunities to coach elsewhere, but "that validity was all I needed to stay here and do my thing at a great school." Smallwood, 54, hopes to stay connected with basketball by serving on the All "A" Classic board.

Read more here: Mike Fields' notebook: Southwestern's Wright has two proteges in state tournament | High school basketball | Kentucky.com

Hello Everyone,

I am new to Kentucky High School Basketball and excited to say it is fantastic. It has been an enjoyable year for me to sit back and watch some great ball. I notice that there are some open jobs and would be curious to see which of these jobs has the best talent, tradition, and fan following?

Welcome to the site goldenboy!!! Usually during/after the state tourney you will see jobs that will be open.

True, coaches usually wont resign from their position until after the state tournament because the state tournament trip is part of their stipend and they dont want to lose that free trip!