Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

footballf@n4life

Suspended
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by footballf@n4life

  1. Didn't know where to ask, but is that Wayne Co. WV?
  2. 7years old they start pads. They play intramural and also against other area JFL teams.
  3. They have a great feeder program!! Russell JFL is a long existing program that cant be rivaled anywhere. Our numbers are down as is most other football prgrams around the country, But quality is still there! I am sure that 99 percent of Russell players have played up through the RJFL program!! Probably the only thing that has changed much through the years execpt the numbers is we now have 7 & 8 grade teams, in the past that wasnt so! I hope I have answered your question, and maybe somone else can help out also!! Also ou middle school programs are flourishing right now. We have some really nice looking young ball players coming up right now!!!!
  4. Greenup will be fine I think! Just the type of offense they run is more geared for college players. Every year it is tough to teach new players to adapt to spread offense, it takes timing to perfect that type of offense! GOOD LUCK MUSKETEERS!!
  5. I can see where you have some concern! But Russell had there starters out half way through the third quarter on! I was more concerned for Greenup,! not being able to score on the Russell subs though!
  6. If by history you mean it was a rivalry 30+ years ago. Then yes you are right.
  7. Other than their inner squad scrimmage, the only other time you could have seen Greenup play is the Ironton scrimmage. That was not very impressive. Although the more I think about it, the closer I think this game will be.
  8. Hazard Mayfield Bishop Manual Johnson Central
  9. Opening weekend for HS football. UK/UL game. I must say I'm a little anxious.
  10. They are calling for a slight possibility of scattered showers. Looking at the radar there is no storm system that will hit us tonight or this weekend. If a shower does pop up, it should be very quick.
  11. Looks like the weather may be better than expected. I'm not seeing anything on the radar. So if a shower does pop up it should be a quick one. Temps should be lower than last year, so hopefully cramps will be minimized.
  12. Ive seen both teams play. Have you seen both Russell and Greenup play? Or even either of them?
  13. Russell is better coached. However you can't argue Russell doesn't produce more all around talent than the area teams. Good coaching can only get you so far, and good talent only gets you so far. Together they get you what Russell has produced over the past 15 years.
  14. I find it interesting all the Raceland fans rooting for a Russell loss.
  15. What kind of rampage will Dicky go on this year if the Rams topple the Tomcats. I know Ill be tuning in to some of this game.
  16. I am hoping for no rain. A. I don't want to stand in it all night B. Ive seen both Russell and GC play, and if Russell comes ready to play and to make a statement that this is not a down year like everyone has said. I think Russell should put it all over Greenup. Stranger things have happened. The last time GC beat Russell which was @ GC, Russell was way more talented that year, but came out flat, and lost quite a few players early to injury.
  17. Rain could defintely change the outcome of this game. Russell is more of a speed team this year, and a wet field could be bothersome for them. Of course the TF system is basically limited to draw plays in soaking wet conditions.
  18. Looks like 50% chance of Thunderstorms, starting about 3pm. Should keep most area games tight, especially being week 1 where mistakes are bound to happen anyways.
  19. Not sure, I know they have never won at Henry R. Evans stadium though. Which this years game is @ Greenup so they better get it in.
  20. So noone is going to say who Ashland has playing LB's and how fast they are? Its not like your holding some secret that the Raceland players and coaches don't know. I'm sure they've scouted you all plenty and have video of your scrimmages.
  21. 1A Lexington Christian 2A Bath Co. 3A Belfry 4A Boyd Co. 5A Pulaski County 6A Male
  22. I guess this is as good a place as any to ask. Do any papers do a statewide preview, and if so which ones?
  23. I never said anything about small or weak. Mason Co. had a very poor showing, so it was tough to gage alot of Ashland's players. I think if they got enough speed to cover Carver out of the backfield it could really put a hurting on Raceland's O. He is the release valve for Boyles if pressure gets to him. I think you will see quite a bit of the 5 and 10 yd outs. So what kind of speed does Ashland have at the LB positions? If they have good speed I think you will see quite a few sacks, as even Morgan Co. was getting a lot of pressure on him.
  24. If noone is going to come to the game, then there would be no point in Russell playing Raceland. Its done strictly for the gate. Russell has nothing to prove by beating Raceland. What kind of speed does Ashland have at linebacker? These are the guys that will more than likely be resposible for Carver out of the backfield on pass plays. I didn't see much speed the other night. However, Mason was trying to run an offense way to advanced at this time of year for their new players.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.