Everything posted by UKWildcats4Ever
-
Is the 10th Region the Best Ever?
A personal assessment.
-
Results from Rupp Arena today...
Regional titles does not necessarily equate to strength. As a whole the field looks pretty weak. Congrats to South Laurel for their recent success. But to look at that field and say it is top notch competition is exaggerating quite a bit.
-
Corbin 85 George Rogers Clark 44 Scrimmage
Congrats to Corbin. However, most people in the tenth region do not take into account the talent shortage of the region. Over the past several years with the exception of Mason Co. the region has been down. The talent is not the same as in past years, and the players lack the grit. I know you cannot compare different eras, but this has to be one of the worst as a whole for the tenth region. Yes, there have been two state champs, and a runner-up, but any decade prior to the current one, I highly doubt these teams make it out of the region.
-
Courier-Journal's Top 25 Players
There are some very good players listed in the top 25. However, the whole ranking of players is political and unjust. Just because a player signs or is recruited by a major school does not make him/her top tier material. Many of our smaller school players go unnoticed or overlooked. That is the problem I see with player rankings. There is no way to compare players because each have differing skill sets and abilities. Some strengths may be another's weakness, and vice versa. Don't weigh too much one's ranking.
-
Playing up Middle School Talent
I think you should play the best players, no matter what the grade level. I started varsity as an eighth grader, albeit it was at a small school. However, you must play who the kids who are going to give you the best opportunity to be successful. Playing up at the j.v. and varsity level is not too much too soon. It truly depends on the level of maturity and the basketball IQ the kid has. It is in no way detrimental, as the experience gained from playing more advanced ball far exceeds any downfalls.
-
Bracken County @ Bourbon County (Dec. 2)
Bracken Co. will get better as the season progresses. However, I think that Bracken has really dropped the ball over the last few years in terms of finding and retaining a consistent head coach. There have been a couple of individuals who were interested in the head coaching job who would excellent coaches who were passed up. Poor decision making. Hopefully consistency will eventually find its way.
-
Augusta @ Deming predictions (12-2-08)
Should be a close game. Which Deming/Augusta game(s) do you think was the best over the years?
-
Results from Rupp Arena today...
Seemed like a really weak field of teams. Is this by invite only?
-
Bracken Co. coach resigns.
Word is that there was a late name thrown into the mix that was fairly interesting.....
-
10th Region Performances
I think it was 1991......last year of old Maysville High School I believe.
-
10th Region Performances
I might be biased but it seems to me that the great teams in this region are those from the 'old' school days. 40's, 50's, 60's, 70's. I know that you can argue the Mason county squad from the Lofton era, but it appears that great team play was in years past. The guys that played seemed more fundamentally sound and were more hard-nosed.
-
10th Region Performances
Knowles' performance last year in the region was a fantastic one. It was a pretty good duel between two good teams, and two good players (Miller).
-
10th Region Performances
If I can remember correctly Joe Bane was a freshman and led Tollesboro to a stunning upset of the Maysville Bulldogs..........another fantastic game.
-
10th Region Performances
Patrick are you related to Todd that played for Augusta about five or six years ago? He could fill it up too.
-
10th Region Performances
Yes, the Billy Ray vs. Shawn Myrick show was unforgettable. I also remember many of the showdowns between old Maysville High and Mason County. I remember the Fieldhouse would be packed!!
-
10th Region Performances
Through the years there have been some great individual performances as well as great team performances in the 10th Region. What are some of the performances you have witnessed over the years that stand out? The games do not have to be limited to the district, regional, or state. It would be awesome if we could identify at least a game or two from each team in the 10th Region (past members of the region as well). One game I remember was the Deming vs. Pendleton county game in the district. Great game and a great performance by Stephen Staggs.
-
10th region girls basketball
Is the Jett girl from Harrison related to Danny Jett that played at Deming a few years ago?
-
10th Region High School Recruiting
Through the years the smaller schools of the 10th Region have produced a lot of good basketball players. Does anyone in here know of any players that were 'recruited' by larger high schools in the 10th Region or out of the 10th Region for that matter?
-
Top 5 Shooters/Scorers at your high school/10th Region
Chris Lofton is definitely up near the top, however I personally would not put him above Ronnie Lyons.
-
The Most Underrated Players in Your School's History
Here is an interesting topic.........Who do you think are the most underrated players to ever play at your school?
-
Top 5 Shooters/Scorers at your high school/10th Region
Anybody know whatever happened to Danny Jett Jr. from Deming? I remember seeing him score his thousandth point his junior year and continued racking them up his senior year, then he just vanished, I think he even quit the team.
-
Top 5 Shooters/Scorers at your high school/10th Region
Thanks for the replies. Those guys you mentioned were good also. Saint 4, I am talking about all time.
-
Top 5 Shooters/Scorers at your high school/10th Region
At Deming I'd say the best scorers/shooters are: Stephen Staggs Travis Massey Matthew Grayson Danny Jett Jr. Scotty Graves Does anyone else out there know who I could add to this list from Deming. Other people please post for your school.