Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

nkysportslegend

10 Post Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by nkysportslegend

  1. No he is not, but he is on a different level than any of the others.
  2. Nothing because possession was never had until A3 grabs it?
  3. Ryle is the main reason I didn't say that all of the schools can't add on. There are reasons they did things the way they did and they felt it was for the best.
  4. Well with the Kenton County district, the schools were built many years ago. They have made or are making expansions to all of the high schools, but you can only add on so much. If the population continues to grow at the rate it is then there will be no other option but to build a new school.
  5. Thats kind of how I figured it went, encouraged but not required. I knew that they had many more clubs and groups than we did, noticed that from the banners hanging in the gymnasium when we were waiting to go out on the field.
  6. Well they've filled them all up so I don't really understand what there is not to believe.
  7. This is an honest question, because it is something I heard from a person from X. Is it true that if you go to T or X that you have to take part in some club or athletics team?
  8. Not in every case, no. I'd also say that the school district viewed the rising population and figured it would be best to build a new school. For example, I know Simon Kenton had a massive change a few years ago and by the time it was finished the number of students had already surpassed what the addition was built to serve. There have been talks about building a new high school in Kenton County as well.
  9. Thats not what I was talking about. The numbers of kids in the Boone County school system was higher than what the schools were built for. They needed another school to accomodate the kids.
  10. This has nothing to do with sports. The schools are being built because the numbers of students is too big for the schools they have. You can say add on but in most cases that is much easier said than done for many reasons. You build schools so that kids have the best opportunity to a quality education, not to create an athletic powerhouse.
  11. I would say it is most likely a little bit of #1 with a lot of #2. Surely he wouldn't want to do #3.
  12. I would think let it play, the only thing is that since the ref is part of the game and in the backcourt it might be blown dead as soon as A2 gets the loose ball.
  13. If T or X does they sure are doing a good job of hiding them from the rest of the state. I agree with you in that school size isn't a knock at all, just a part of the equation.
  14. I think you let it play, but something tells me I'm wrong.
  15. Cutting their enrollment in half would hurt the team more than you think. They would lose many starters and thus would not be as good of a team. You can't just take away all of the kids who don't get in and assume that the studs would all still be there.
  16. I think the number would be smaller but still more than the rest.
  17. It is the fact that they have such a large number of boys to choose from. You can't honestly think that they wouldn't miss a beat if their enrollment was cut in half. I think that they would still be at or at least near the top, but not nearly as far ahead of the rest as they are.
  18. Maddox will be the difference in this game. If they can contain him, WV has a shot. If not GC wins going away.
  19. Thats even more impressive than winning the championship.
  20. They have gotten by without having to pass. I bet if you take away screens that have went for big plays then the passing numbers dwindle even more. One thing is certain, this will be the best defense that they have played all year and in order to win they will have to throw the ball with some success.
  21. I don't think there is anyone that could look at that unbiased and disagree.
  22. He is clearly what seperates this team from average to good, but thats not what I meant. I meant with how bad of a season the freshman squad had they could be back out of the playoffs by the time they are the varsity players. A lot can and will change between now and then though. The only reason I don't think your argument about him being at other Kenton County Schools would make them contenders works is that the others play in 5A with a team by the name of Highlands.
  23. Seeing as how that is exactly what they did, went 6-4 and barely made the playoffs.:confused: Once again as said in last week's thread, the difference being that they didn't have to play Trinity until now whereas the other teams had to play them first. They have earned to be on this field just like the other teams earned to make the playoffs and go up against Trinity.
  24. SK could be back down in just a few years. I'm not too sure what they have coming up in the middle school but don't be surprised to see SK struggle in about 3 years.
  25. How is this different than the King of the Bluegrass thread?

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.