Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

SouthernSportsFan

Suspended
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by SouthernSportsFan

  1. I don't know if Watts should or was guarding Spurlin. McCreary has a long way to go.
  2. They didn't get me anywhere. But, back to the game and what is important instead of childish arguments. :isurrender:
  3. But it's not relevent in this post. This is a regular season game against two teams that play in the regular season and haven't in the postseason. I like being 2-0 against Lincoln for the past two seasons, though. :thumb:
  4. Does this have to be brought into every conversation? No one is talking about titles right now.
  5. Yes, this is not to bash any kids and/or student athletes. This is strictly about the possiblity of Jones being out at the end of the season. Let's leave the players and their families out of this.
  6. I think everyone wants to win, and I think even if they disliked Jones or whomever, they would still want the Raiders to win. That's not what we're saying. I, more than anyone, would like to see them be successful year in and year out with Jones or whomever else coaches them. I have nothing against Jones, and like him personally, but these are just the "rumors" I am hearing...
  7. They need that type of run. I would really enjoy seeing them make it.
  8. These current Raiders are 2-0 against the Patriots. Can it continue? It looks like Jones has Jackson's number when these two teams meet. McCreary Central 69-63
  9. Jones didn't win many games with Aaron's brother, but that is besides the point. I have been hearing rumors, and thank my sources who have let me know these, that possibly candidates interested in this job should it come open are a couple of McCreary folks and.. A rumor that Tim Pyles from the Wayne County girls side is interested in switching sides and coaching the McCreary boys... take it for what it's worth. Everything is a rumor.
  10. End of story, true. But as stated many times already, the coach of the year award is voted before then. And by the looks of things, the coaches believed Jones was better that Jackson. Facts are facts. Whether it's true or not that he was the best coach, it doesn't matter.
  11. But the past is the past. Based on how it is voted on, Lee DeForrest should, and most likely will, win the award and that's the way it should be.
  12. Ok, let's put this into context in the bigger picture. What was Lincoln ranked the past two years? Then what was McCreary ranked? Number one. So in essence, McCreary overachieved. What was Tennessee ranked last season? Then what was Kentucky ranked? Number one. So in essence, Kentucky overachieved. Lincoln was suppose to win their games. McCreary, although ranked high, wasn't predicted to do what they did. I think the award should be voted on after the season, believe you me. But when you put it together, which looks more impressive based on how they were predicted before the season? If you don't think McCreary's is more impressive, or even the most impressive, then I don't have time to debate with you. But I look at it this way: it is the KABC Region Coach of the year. That is voted on by the coaches (Kentucky Assocation of Basketball Coaches). And since they are coaching the teams that McCreary and/or Lincoln are playing, I will take their word for it.
  13. You are completely contradicting yourself. I agree that the award shouldn't be voted on prior to the tournament, but it is. And when you do it that way, you have no idea who is going to choke in the districts and who isn't. You base it on who did the best job during the regular season. And you can't argue that McCreary hasn't been on the top of their game during that time period.
  14. But since this award is voted on before post season, I think you have to beat the best to be the best. Lincoln County didn't do that in either season, even as the favored team.
  15. It's chosen before the tournament, and McCreary has really been the best regular season team the last two seasons.
  16. See, I tend to disagree with the talent statement. I think Phillips, Swiger, and Watts were three of the better players in the region last year. And certainly, Watts is the best this year, but closely followed by the PG from West and the kid from Lincoln. Position for position, I think the overall talent of McCreary was better than most in the 12th region last year. Of course, some teams had explosive guards and talented big men. But as a whole, I think McCreary was the most talented. I don't think anyone would have thought it was a cakewalk to Rupp last season, but they had two region regular season losses last season by a combined 5 points. You don't roll the region and not make it to the post season like they did.
  17. I wouldn't be surprised if Garrard, West or East Jessamine broke that streak THIS year.
  18. It would be nice if stats like those above were somewhere in the McCreary record book. It was destroyed by a former coach and I am not sure where other records may be. Anyway... this is a very dangerous game for Garrard, in my opinion. I am worried that Danville will cause a lot of trouble with their athleticism and pressure. In a series, I would pick Garrard 7 out of 10 times, but I wouldn't be surprised if Danville won this game.
  19. McCreary Central could end that long streak this season, but so could West Jessamine.
  20. Politics aren't in his favor now with the new board members and super.
  21. The past two seasons, McCreary has had gaudy records but failed to produce anything come tournament time. With the new superintendent entering his first FULL school year, things are looky iffy for Jones to be back. The super has a son playing ball at the varsity level and doesn't like the losing, and the player doesn't either. McCreary has all of the talent in the world, and could be scary good with the right coach.. Guarantee it!
  22. I have been hearing from numerous sources that Robert Jones at McCreary Central could be out after this season if a strong postseason run doesn't occur...
  23. Rob Jones is 2-0 the last two seasons against Lincoln. That being said, I'm not sure what to say about his tenure. If they don't make a run in the postseason, then I think that it would be time to look for a new coach. But that wouldn't be easy - he is the AD, as well. Outside of that, McCreary played Perry County Central earlier this year with assistant coach Wade Davis coaching in place of Jones who had to sit out the game because of the previous game ejection. McCreary won 79-70. The other night, the same two teams played with Jones coaching.. Perry throttled McCreary 62-43. Maybe this is an attempt to make McCreary more of the "underdog" come tourney time because the last time they were, they took eventual 12th Region Champion Boyle to the wire in the region.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.