Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

SouthernSportsFan

Suspended
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by SouthernSportsFan

  1. This may wear Corbin out for their next game - when will it be?
  2. West Jessamine's Polson hits a game winner with .5 seconds left. This is much, much closer than I expected. West blew out Wayne at Wayne the other night by nearly 30.
  3. Can you head down to Pulaski County and do the updates for the 12th Region? You're great.
  4. It's quite possible. However, I will take McCreary 7/10 times, and hopefully they bring that on Thursday.
  5. I don't trust the regional experience of Mercer. McCreary faced that last season when they played Lincoln. That said, many things went into the loss to Mercer. Taylor can cause problems, but it's obvious that this is a totally different team than it was in the second game of the season. Same goes for Mercer, I assume. That said, I believe the experience from last year propels the Raiders. McCreary will start to build a lead after half, Mercer will panic, start forcing shots, and McCreary will stroll away.
  6. I think McCreary wins going away in the second half. It will be a dandy of a game, however. The Raiders know they let one get away from them earlier. Watts will have a good shooting night.
  7. That's likely the reason they switch. To avoid the "he likes McCreary Central, that's why they won."
  8. I didn't say anything about the schedule. McCreary Central beat the same Male and Seneca team in the LexCath tournament as Clark County lost to. I'm not questioning the schedule, but the point that Clark County has a weakness or they wouldn't lose. I don't know what the weakness is. Maybe teams that are vastly superior in athleticism and teams that are deliberate and efficient offensively.
  9. Seneca, Male, Ballard. I think there are a few different teams that could beat Clark County. I'm not saying the team thinks they don't have a weakness, but if they did, I would like to see a team with a chip on their shoulder play them.
  10. Clark County has a weakness. And if they think they don't, I would love for another equivalent team to play them.
  11. Here is a breakdown on all teams involved, ranked the way I feel they are: 1. McCreary Central (24-6, 15-1 vs. Region, 48th Champions) --- Average 66.2ppg; allow 53.9ppg. ---- In the last 15 games against the region, McCreary is 15-0. Their lone loss came at Mercer County in the first game of the year by 3 points. In region games, the Raiders are winning by a average of 21ppg. 2. West Jessamine (23-7, 12-3 vs. Region, 46th Champions) --- Average 70.3ppg; allow 58.8ppg. ---- West Jessamine hasn't lost a region game since Jan. 5th, a loss at Mercer County. They lost in their second and third games of the season, at home, to both Lincoln (who did not make the tourny) and McCreary Central. 3. Mercer County (20-9, 12-4 vs. Region, 46th Runner-Up) --- Average 72.9ppg; allow 62.7ppg. ---- Mercer has a win vs. #1 and #2 at home. Mercer has the lone region victory of McCreary and one win against West Jessamine, both at home. Their last regular season loss came at home to Boyle County, but the Titans responded with four straight wins by nearly 25 points per. Took West Jessamine into overtime in the championship game of the 46th Tournament. 4. Boyle County (18-8, 11-3 vs. Region, 45th Champions) --- Average 59.1ppg; allow 50.3ppg. ---- The slow and deliberate offense of Boyle County carried them to an 11-3 region record and their first 45th Title in a few years. The Rebels hold wins over all teams in the tournament, outside of W. Jessamine, Wayne and McCreary Central. Will their deliberate offense bring home their first region championship since '05? 5. Wayne County (19-11, 14-7 vs. Region, 48th Runner-Up) --- Average 61.3ppg; allow 58.2ppg ---- Rodney Woods' club hasn't experienced as much success in recent years as they did in the earlier 00's, but don't let that fool you. Four consecutive years the Cardinals have made the regional tournament, with one district title to their credit. Is this the year they finally break through and get back to Rupp? 6. Pulaski County (12-17, 11-11 vs. Region, 47th Champions) --- Average 58.7ppg; allow 61.3ppg ---- The Maroons ended the season winning 7 of their last 8 games, including a run through the 47th District Tournament and dominating on their way to the title. They've played every team in the tournament, minus Danville who is their first-round matchup. The Maroons have lost a game to each team as well. How will they fare on their home court? 7. Danville (12-15, 6-7 vs. Region, 45th Runner-Up) --- Average 63.6ppg; allow 64.5ppg ---- A dark-horse for the title is the Admirals. Danville ended Lincoln County's long-standing dominance of the 45th district in recent years, ousting them in the first round. They play Pulaski County on the Maroons home floor in the opening round. Can the upset trend continue? 8. Casey County (8-22, 4-13 vs. Region, 47th Runner-Up) --- Average 57.5ppg; allow 65.6ppg ---- The surprise member of the tournament is Casey, who knocked off the top seeded Rockets of Rockcastle in the first round of the 47th District tournament before being rocked by the Maroons of Pulaski on their home floor. But one win is all it took to send the Rebels to the region tournament, where they are considered the huge underdog. Can the Rebels of Casey upset the Rebels of Boyle in the first round? Just the way I see it. I contemplated making West Jessamine #1, but decided against it because the overall resume' of McCreary and the fact that the defensive tactics of the former head coach are not there. Without Hammonds, I do not believe West has the mental advantage.
  12. Could end up being a good pick. The thing I am worrisome about is that their defense is not nearly what it was last season, and that was the staple of that team. Points wise, they seem to be about the same, though a different schedule. However, I think a team that can be deliberate and efficient on offense can give a team like Jessamine fits - see Mercer, McCreary Central. If Mercer or McCreary doesn't get worn out in that first round game, I like them over West Jessamine. Consequently, I believe Boyle will face West in the second round and could give them trouble (likely not win, but trouble nonetheless).
  13. West Jessamine vs. Wayne County Boyle County vs. Casey Couny Pulaski County vs. Danville McCreary Central vs. Mercer County West Jessamine by 14 Boyle County by 15 Danville by 3 McCreary Central by 9 West Jessamine by 6 McCreary Central by 17 McCreary Central by 8
  14. I figured this may be the matchup. McCreary has the toughest first round matchup...
  15. I think it may be tough, but I venture to say the schedule and the players the Raiders have faced this year have them prepared. Mercer is the Raiders only region loss this season, in the very first game of the year at Mercer... I'll take my chances! :thumb:
  16. Overtime. I thought this would have a bigger win for Jessamine, but it goes to show you that Mercer is no slouch. Mercer will be a tough first-round match-up for Boyle, McCreary, or Pulaski. I could see Mercer making a run in the regional tournament, hopefully not at the expense of the Raiders.
  17. Strong performance by the Raiders. Seemed like they just toyed with the Cardinals and let them pull within 8 or 10 and then just blew it back out to 18 or 20...
  18. A bit surprised at this one. I'm not surprised that Boyle won, I thought it'd go either way, but not by this margin.
  19. 45th: Danville by 3 46th: West Jessamine by 12 47th: Pulaski by 6 48th: McCreary by 15
  20. So the eight teams have been decided for the tournament: (higher seed listed first) 45th: Boyle County vs. Danville 46th: Mercer County vs. West Jessamine 47th: Pulaski County vs. Casey County 48th: McCreary Central vs. Wayne County
  21. Wow. Great showing by Danville on their home court. This is unknown territory for the Patriots and their fans.
  22. If Danville wins, this will have made the first time in a while that Lincoln doesn't make the regional tournament.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.