Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

$$East-Bank$$

10 Post Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by $$East-Bank$$

  1. lol...I haven't head of any of those towns eighter, West Liberty is a nice little city though.
  2. The other player that your thinking of is Probabily Thomas Jenkins. He went on to play at Morehead State and then transfered to Pikeville College to finish his career. He had a great career up at Allen Central. If I remember correctly wasn't Magoffin as big as Paintsville height wise when Paintsville was starting a 6'2", 6'1", 6'6", 6'8" 6'9" Lineup. I remember "Big Country" James Howard was like 6'10 and had he some Battles with VanHoose down low, and it seems like they had a kid who was about 6'6" who played for them as well.
  3. Your right we really haven't disagreed on a whole lot now that I think about it. I still respect your opinion on those things though.:thumb: I think when those seniors in the region in 2003 graduated the Individual talent level started going down and has went down every year since then. Prior to that the talent really didn't a whole lot from year to year. In the mid to late 90's the top teams in the 15th could have played with about anyone in the state, and really they did..Some of those Paintsville teams you mentioned actually knocked off some top rated teams in the country. They had some big talented teams back in the day.
  4. I figured Lee would be higher than 10th but it looks pretty good. 7 of the top 10 players are eighter from Scott Co., Henry Clay, or Bryan Station, that should tell you something right there about how much talent are on these teams.
  5. We tend not to agree on alot of things wireman, but I do agree the 15th is extremly weak this season and seems to be getting weaker, it has droped alot in the last 3-4 years.The part in Bold I agree with also, I don't think there is any doubt about it.
  6. thanks alot man, you ever need any thing let me know.:thumb:
  7. Its funny, but I really wouldn't dout it a bit..I could see tubby offering him a scholly before he even sees him play...lol
  8. I think he is personally top 5...but I respect your opinion on this though:thumb:
  9. Thanks man, anytime you need a favor let me know.:thumb:
  10. You must not have seen the game where he put up 51 on Shelby Valley his freshmen year in the regionals...IMO he has to be top 5.
  11. Do you care to post the 15th region ratings for me ColonelCrazy...I appreciate man.
  12. I'm very suprised that Blair wasn't on the list, he was at #8 last season and I figured he'd be top 5 this year, I didn't expect him to fall out of the ratings, especially after they went to the Sweet 16 last season.
  13. dejavu, do you care to list the 15th region, I haven't had a chance to see the new cats pause and was just curious..thanks
  14. I agree, I should have put those guys in as well.:thumb:
  15. Slone & VanHoose-Paintsville McCarty-Johnson Central Blair & Vanhoose-Russell Thomas & McDavid-Ashland Hicks & Campbell-Hazard Bailey-Perry Central Brandenburg-Lee County Romans-Powell Hurt-Cordia Smith-Harlan Profitt,Hammonds, & Smith-South Laurel Asher-North Laurel Cox & Stepp-JBS Johnson-South Floyd Daniel-Rowan Johnson-Cumberland Whitaker-Bell Euton-Rose Hill This is my top 25 from the 13th,14th,15th and 16th region, I'm not sure how I'd rate them though.
  16. I forgot Shelvin Mack of Station..I agree he does belong on the top 5 list somewhere..It was my fault I left him out.
  17. I agree, thats the way most the legit ratings would be anyway...I would throw Scotty Hopson- UHA somewhere on the list of juniors though to give us a top 5....I would rate them 1.Miller 2.Hopson 3.Slone 4.Mackey 5.Thomas :thumb:
  18. On the underclassmen list Landon Slone wasn't even in the 1st 6 and was rated 12th overall, IMO he sould be somewhere in the top 4. They had Clark Stepp,CJ Penny,and Eathan Falkner rated ahead of him among others.:confused: cch5432, I agree I don't see how he comes up with some of these list...they are supposed to be based on potential I believe, I not sure.
  19. 15th Region 1.Paintsville 2.Shelby Valley 3.Pikeville 4.Phelps 5.South Floyd 6.Sheldon Clark 7.Betsy Layne 8.Allen Central 9.Piarist School 10.The David School
  20. I'd say your right, he's one of the front-runners for Mr. Basketball, he has some major talent.
  21. Scott County will dominate the region this season as well as the State. They just have too much talent. Besides them I think Bryan Station has to be the team that could Upset SC and win the 11th but I think Scott Co. comes out of the 11th.
  22. They sound like they'll be tough for the next two seasons. How big is the Johnson kid??
  23. Guard play is very important to a teams success, so here are a few questions that should make for some interesting discussions. Who are some of the top backcourts IYO?? Who were some of the better Guard Duo's during summer ball/AAU who are somewhat under the radar as of now but are important to their teams success?? Who are some of the younger guards who'll be impact players in the near future?? Who will your team start in the backcourt, and how big of a role will they play??..I look foward to reading your responses. Personally two teams that come to mind right away are Warren Central(Britt & Anderson) and Russell(Blain & Vanhoose).

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.