Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Top Back-court in the state??

Featured Replies

Guard play is very important to a teams success, so here are a few questions that should make for some interesting discussions.

 

Who are some of the top backcourts IYO??

 

Who were some of the better Guard Duo's during summer ball/AAU who are somewhat under the radar as of now but are important to their teams success??

Who are some of the younger guards who'll be impact players in the near future??

Who will your team start in the backcourt, and how big of a role will they play??..I look foward to reading your responses.

 

Personally two teams that come to mind right away are Warren Central(Britt & Anderson) and Russell(Blain & Vanhoose).

I like Nick Hudson & Dion Johnson of Dunbar. One is a Soph. & the other is a Jr.

Scott County(Walls, Mackey)

Holmes(Jefferson, Hill)

Warren Central(Anderson, Britt)

Holmes backcourt is tough.

That's what I was going to say.

 

Holmes- Jefferson/Hill. (both 3+ years starters)

CovCath- Jacobs/Bovard. (both 3 year starters)

Scott County- Walls/Mackey (two of the top 10 players in the state IMO)

South Laurel- Proffit/ Hammonds (although I'm not sure if Hammonds plays a guard)

Ballard- Johnson/ ????? (don't remember the other kids name but they are darn good)

I loved the three guards that we played together this summer:

 

Mike Hester of Simon Kenton

Corey Pelle of Silver Grove

Todd Jacobs of Covinton Catholic

 

It was fun to have these three guys play together all summer.

That's what I was going to say.

 

Holmes- Jefferson/Hill. (both 3+ years starters)

CovCath- Jacobs/Bovard. (both 3 year starters)

Scott County- Walls/Mackey (two of the top 10 players in the state IMO)

South Laurel- Proffit/ Hammonds (although I'm not sure if Hammonds plays a guard)

Ballard- Johnson/ ????? (don't remember the other kids name but they are darn good)

I think the kid from Ballard you are forgetting is Antwan Beckam sp?:thumb:

Russell's Cotten Eye Vanhoose and Popeye Biggie Blair.

  • Author
I think the kid from Ballard you are forgetting is Antwan Beckam sp?:thumb:

I'd say your right, he's one of the front-runners for Mr. Basketball, he has some major talent.

In the 16th region from Elliott County, Ethan and Evan Faulkner. Two "Mountain Tough" kids.

I think the kid from Ballard you are forgetting is Antwan Beckam sp?:thumb:

Sounds right, thanks.

That's what I was going to say.

 

Holmes- Jefferson/Hill. (both 3+ years starters)

CovCath- Jacobs/Bovard. (both 3 year starters)

Scott County- Walls/Mackey (two of the top 10 players in the state IMO)

South Laurel- Proffit/ Hammonds (although I'm not sure if Hammonds plays a guard)

Ballard- Johnson/ ????? (don't remember the other kids name but they are darn good)

 

Scott probally has the best & if Hammonds plays guard then SL has a pretty good one to.

Hammonds plays 2G.

Hammonds plays 2G.

 

Hammonds plays more of a SF. He can play 2G, but with his improved athleticism over the past year and change, he's been mixing it up inside a lot more.

 

I didn't get to see them any over the summer, but I have this feeling you will be seeing a lot of Matt Gilbert, who saw significant PT last year at NL as an 8th grader.

 

But no matter who is paired with Proffitt, it will be one of the better backcourts in the state.

Jefferson/ Hill Holmes

Britt/Anderson- Warren Central

 

These are probably the top 2...... would love to see these two teams play in a rematch game from 2 yrs ago.

Jefferson/ Hill Holmes

Britt/Anderson- Warren Central

 

These are probably the top 2...... would love to see these two teams play in a rematch game from 2 yrs ago.

 

Hill/Jefferson are around the #5 spot, not the top 2.

 

1. Walls/Mackey - Scott County

2. Johnson/Beckam - Lou. Ballard

3. Proffit/Hammonds - South Laurel

4. Britt/Anderson - Warren Central

5. Jefferson/Hill - Holmes

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.