Everything posted by UKCATSFAN
-
Kentucky Christian U signees list!
I, nor any of Kasey's other supporters, have stated a "Kasey is God" complex. I have only responded to the "haters" who base their opinion on seeing a kid play once a year and I will continue to do so. The kids don't have a way to take up for themselves and it's up to the ones who know them the best to do just that because it's naive to think these kids don't get on here and read these posts. It lets them know that while there are "haters" out there, there are also people who care about them and most important there are people who BELIEVE in them. So, with being said.....I completely agree with your post though, it's a very insightful and humble post.
-
Kentucky Christian U signees list!
The best skill kids in Kentucky? Come on, now. I'm not saying they're not great players but your opinion is an obviously bias one at that. I think most people would argue your point here. Congrats to Scott Grizzle for signing with KCU. Their list of signees is getting better and better. They have a strong core of players to start their program with and I look forward to watching them all in the near future. Maybe it will show people like Football Pride that eastern KY boys can play.
-
Kentucky Christian U signees list!
Are you being sarcastic? I really hope so.
-
Kentucky Christian U signees list!
Great post!!! :thumb: Your last paragraph is very true. It seems like kids from this area don't get near enough press. He's very proud of what he accomplished at Russell and he wouldn't have changed it for anything.
-
Kentucky Christian U signees list!
I completely agree with #5, I think he best suited for defense also. I was just stating earlier that I thought he COULD play RB at a smaller D1 school.
-
Boycott the 3rd Ref
After having 2 officials for a while, you'll be wanting that 3rd one back. There are various reasons why 3 officials are better than 2 and I think the pros outweigh the cons of the 3 official crew. JMO.
-
Kentucky Christian U signees list!
:thumb:
-
Kentucky Christian U signees list!
In eastern Ky? Are you kidding me? There again you show your lack of knowledge of Kasey. Kasey showed his talents on a state level when he led his team to a state title one year and a state final another, winning state championship MVP honors. He is as good as any player in this area or any player in the state. I guess you were absent those days because It's very obvious you haven't seen Kasey play very often if at all. I'm so sick of people like you who think Eastern KY kids can't play. Just because a kid is from eastern Ky does not mean he automatically can't play college football. Kasey may not be as fast as Victor Anderson but is Anderson as strong as Kasey Clark. No way. Kasey is a different type back as Anderson or Beaumont and they each excell at different things but Kasey is definately on the same level. There are plenty of kids from eastern Ky who have went on to do great things in college football and many of those great things were done in D1. I'm done with you, you don't know anything about Kasey's abilities or any other kid in eastern KY for that matter. "Why doesn't he try MSU"....... A few mins ago you said he couldn't play college football. Did Blue Blazer send you some tapes that changed your mind?
-
Kentucky Christian U signees list!
At first I wasn't even going to respond to such a ridiculous post but I've responded to all the other ones and I wouldn't want you to feel left out. First off, most non D1 schools don't finalize recruiting until the summertime and they're recruiting up until the very last moment. Second, you obviously haven't seen Kasey play very often if you truely believe that he's not athletic enough to play college football. On the list of the top 10 reasons why Kasey couldn't play college football, Athleticism would be the very last reason at #10. He is about as athletic a kid as I've seen. The kid can do it all on the field and can play a variety of positions. If that doesn't take athleticism, I don't know what does. If you would have written this about a week ago, I just might have gotten subspended in my reaction but not now. Anyone who knows Kasey realizes what a absurd statement this is and it probably didn't even need a response but I couldn't let everyone down. Think what you want because you obviously have no idea what Kasey can or can't do.
-
Kentucky Christian U signees list!
That's not true at all, he's never thrown anything away. He has not overlooked any of the smaller schools. Sure he wanted to test the D1 water but he was honest with the other schools about that. He just got back from visiting 3 different schools who I won't mention just yet and he'll probably make his decision in the near future.
-
Make-up your High School's greatest football team ever?
I think I'd put Raymond Clark, Rick Cornette, Kenny Lacks, and Kenny Clark somewhere on that list.
-
Kentucky Christian U signees list!
I don't think Kasey is interested in KCU and it's not because he wants a D1 school, he interested in the entire collge experience and I think KCU is just a little too close to home for him. There are other reasons as well but that's probably one of the main reason. I haven't heard of them calling him lately, I know they've sent some stuff and have called in the past. Things may change later but I think that's where he's at now. This whole process seems to change from hour to hour.
-
The current situation at Greenup Co.
How can you conclude anything on merely hearsay? I know Coach Sutton and all he cares about is those kids. I think it's pretty darn couragous to take that job under the circumstances. You can't judge his abilities of coaching on this year, it's completely unfair. I don't think many coaches would be successful in a situation like this, especially without the support of the parents who I'm sure are dogging him at home to the players. Nathan would not have taken this job if he didn't care deeply for these players, a job that many people wouldn't have touched with a ten foot pole. The people of Greenup need to give this guy a break, he stepped up to lead when you all needed lead. I know the Wright's, my brother played on an AAU team with Travis and won 4 state championships. I know he loves to play the sport and he would do anything asked of him in order to get a win and it's a shame that in 20 yrs when he thinks back to his HS playing days that he'll remember this more than the moments on the court. Not only Travis but the rest of the seniors as well. That's the sad part about this whole situation. It truely is a sad situation when you think about that.
-
Kentucky Christian U signees list!
No, I think they may have sent a couple letters.
-
Kentucky Christian U signees list!
When Damron was at Boyd, they ran the ball out of the spread quite often. I think the recruiting class KCU has will determine how much we see the run or how much we see the pass. It will dictate what they do but I don't think anyone disagrees that it will be out of the spread.
-
Rose Hill 74 LCA 71
Did anyone watch the JV game? LCa has some very nice players coming up. The LCA JV jumped out to a 37-6 lead through just over midway in the 2nd quarter. I was very impressed with LCA's JV squad. I couldn't stay for the varsity, does any of the JV kids play much for the varsity team? I thought with LCA making the long trip and arriving 30 min late that they would come out flat but it was just the opposite, they were on fire. They hit 2 straight 3's to start the game and never looked back. I was very impressed with them. I was also very impressed with the officials for the JV game. :D They were excellant!!!!!! :sssh:
-
The player your team will miss the most in 07
Probably A.J. Cordle. I would say it really depends on the development Of Drew Abrahms at the RB position .hey could keep Jones at QB and go with Abrahms and Bailey at RB. They would love to have Jones and Abrahms at RB but they'll need to find a solid QB who makes good decisions. Cordle showed some skill last year but I've heard he's thinking about transfering. Not sure how true that is but I've heard it a few times.
-
The player your team will miss the most in 07
That's true. They'll be one of the favorites to win the 3A title this year. Look for the QB Tyler Jones to move to RB where he wants to be.
-
Verbal Commitments
He's been talking and sending film to quite a few schools here lately. He has not made anything public so I'm not going to list them on here. A few more schools have contacted him since Wednesday evening which we were expecting. As soon as he makes a decision or narrows the list, I'll let the BGP nation know.
-
2nd Lawrence Co boy to coach for the CATS!
Wow, that's great. I remember Dontae playing but I don't remember the Micheals boy. I officiated many of Dontae's varsity games and I remember 1 games in particular when he had a couple racial slurs thrown at him by the opposing team and instead of blowing a gasget and recieving an unsportsmanlike, he calmly walked away from the situation and reported it to me. I didn't hear it at the time but I told my fellow officials to watch out for it. It happened for another time and Dontae AGAIN brushed it off and took the higher road. We heard it that time and ejected the player responsible. Not many kids would have handled the situation the way he did, especially considering we didn't hear it the 1st time and it happened on more than 1 occasion. It's just a testament to his character. I wish him nothing but the best... It's great to see area kids doing well in sports and coaching. I also officiated Gerald Parker's record setting game while he was a Bulldog. Gerald is also a classact and will do very well in coaching.
-
Drew McDavid (Ashland) chooses Georgetown
Congrats to Drew!!!!!
-
Verbal Commitments
There or KCU.
-
Verbal Commitments
Thanks, I completely agree. If they can dream it, they can achieve it.
-
Verbal Commitments
I'm done trying to convince someone who has seen Kasey play a handful of times how good this kid is. Think whatever you want, it's your opinion but there are people whose opinion I value a great deal more than yours who disagree with you, including D1 coaches. Taking nothing away from Arliss or Jennings because both of them are great backs but did they ever lead their team to a state championship and a runners-up? Kasey is a different type back than both of those players but he's on the very same level. You say how good Arliss is but when he graduated there was people like you saying he couldn't be an SEC RB and Chris Jennings walked-on for other reasons other than skill or he probably would have had a D1 scholarship out of high school. Everyone said Gerald Parker would never make it as a WR in the SEC and if he hadn't been injured so often he would have had an even stellar career. I never said that I thought Kasey could play RB at a Florida, FSU, Notre Dame, Tennessee, etc but with his abilities he could somewhere like Marshall, Cincy, Ohio, WKU. I never even said he would but I do know it's possible. He will more than likely play on the defensive side of the ball in college, his build is great for various defensive positions. But like I said, I'm done trying to convince you and 3HIGH of Kasey abilities, you have your opinion and you're intitled to it but watching a kid once a year doesn't make you an expert on the kid. I will say this, I've been around this area for quite a while and have seen all the great players to come through this area for the past 20 years and I truely believe that Kasey is as good and better in some ways than any player I've seen, including Beach, Jennings and Micheal West. The "advice" that Kasey recieves comes from people who truely know what he is capable of, what he wants, and what is best for him. Can we please get off of Kasey and return to celebrating all of the verbal commitments from all these great players from around the state. It's great to see a kids dream of playing college football come true, Congrats to all of them. Good luck at the next level.
-
Verbal Commitments
While I do believe that Kasey's future is on the defensive side of the ball, he is capable of running the ball if he were to concentrate on it. All I was trying to say was that seeing a kid once a year does not mean you know all a kid can or can't do and while I realize it's your own opinion the comment of " Ask any D1 coach and he'll tell you the same thing" is inaccurate. He has been recruited for mostly a defensive back or a slot back but also for the RB position from D1 schools. I didn't mean to sound rude or argumentative but when you try to tell someone who has watched every single game the kid has ever played and knows exactly what he is capable of that he can't do something when you know he can, it strikes a nerve....especially coming from someone who has seen him a few times. Your comments seemed more of a inaccurate scouting report than an opinion. If I was wrong, I apologize. Yes, Kasey's probably going to play defense in college but he's very capable of playing numerous positions including RB. I apologize if I seemed abrupt, it wasn't directed at you.