Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Andtheheadcoach

10 Post Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Andtheheadcoach

  1. What I was referring to was a previous post stating that the Ludlow girl was one of the best, if not THE best player in the region. Don't assume others aren't as knowlegeable about the game as yourself. From now on, I'll make sure I clearly note my comments when referring to other posts. Sorry for my uneducated answer about tall players...:laugh:
  2. this score shocks me. Has anyone talked about the frosh from Scott being a top player in the area? I would hope so now that she can put up a triple double against a team that hails 3 six footers...:ylsuper:
  3. I believe this is the first year for Dixie in the tournament. I may be wrong. Still it gives people from NKY a chance to see some teams from around the state, and it gives those teams and fans a nice place to shop and see some good b-ball for 3 days! See you all there hopefully!
  4. The first round is as follows: after that, it depends on if you win/lose... Dec. 27 Villa v. West Jessamine time??? Greenup v. Dixie 4:30 Lloyd v. Estill 6:00 Ryle v. Bracken (listed as 6, but could be 7:30)???
  5. I know this is still 3-4 weeks away, but it looks like Coach Shields brought some good competition to the Tourney this year. Ryle, Dixie, Villa, LLoyd from the north. Estill, Greenup, Bracken, and West Jessamine from the south. The format of the tournament gives each team 3 days of games guaranteed. It should be a good 3 days of basketball. Don't know much about WJ, but Estill, Greenup, and Bracken were decent last year, and probably better this year. If you've never been, you should try to catch a game, or 4!
  6. It is Cooper High in Boone County. I would assume they will move into the district with Boone, Ryle, and Conner. Would St. Henry go to the 34th or stay? It makes sense for them to move to the 34th if you go by location.
  7. I saw in the paper that the Reid girl scored in the 30s...wow!
  8. Good win for Villa, they are young. Lockard and Daugherty are in the same class, both Jrs. It will be good to see them if they meet in the districts. Lockard won the battle as a frosh, Ashley Daugherty last year as a soph. So, this year would be another interesting one. Villa can get in as well with young talent, and of course you have Dixie in the district. This is a pretty even district, but Ludlow is top dog right now. I know this could be used in another thread, but what happens when Cooper High is in the mix next season? Does one of those teams from that district come into the 34th? Possibly St. Henry?
  9. Tawni is one of the best forwards in the area. She had a similar game against Villa last year. The paper said there was a turnover at the end to secure the game for villa. Any details on what happened? Anyone there?
  10. How did this one turn out?
  11. I heard Cincinnati, from her mouth.
  12. I heard Seven Hills or something like that.
  13. so does that give HC Noll, Lantry, and Bibbins? They could be good with a big girl in there somewhere.
  14. What about Noll for Holy Cross? Will she come back for her senior year with a new coach?
  15. yes, quit holding it in and give us a name please! the suspense is killing us..who and where?
  16. For some reason, the KHSAA site won't allow you to see schedules, but 99% are completed by now...as for the conference thing, they do need to do something about it because it does hold teams like Ludlow back...they have to play Silver Grove, Calvary, Villa, Bellevue, Dayton, Heritage, and Beechwood all twice. That's 14 of your alloted 23 games, which they are alos tied into the ALL A, which makes 15 games locked up. This is the year for them to prove something however, with the bigs being juniors and nothing to lose.:scared:
  17. I know a lot of people have been knocking Ludlow in the past about their weak schedule, but their hands are tied with being in the conference they're in...they HAVE to play each team twice...however, I do believe they added Boone and Ryle to their schedule this year, along with some other big school...but their post player Ashley Daugherty is solid, and as a JR, should be considered a threat in the post...her vs. Behrens(both from Ludlow, sort of) should be a good match up!
  18. Good point, but she did sit on the bench last year as an assistant...I think she would do a good job...or you might possibly see Bryant Gillis make a return to the hardwood...he still works in the district...
  19. I believe with the big girls from NDA graduated, Behrens might just have a big year for Boone, especially if the other big girl moves. I would also watch Christina Weaver from Holmes, she can turn a game around when she wants to.
  20. the coach at Lloyd resigned this summer to take a different job...former player Beth Fields has been hired within the building, so she might be the next candidate!
  21. Even without her, they still have the depth to win the region...
  22. People that just aren't satisfied with playing time...every parent thinks their kid is a super star...sad, but true in some cases...:dancingpa
  23. Ditto...very good point...
  24. sorry, I meant to have NCC/Conner as a tie with Ludlow the 7th. Sorry, it's the summer, forgive me please!

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.