Everything posted by JASports
-
Hats Off to Perry Central Fans!!!
I want to add my thanks as well. They not only handed out the ribbons, but several PCC fans wore them as well. It was extremely touching and very classy.
-
Baseball, football and weather
1. Lose the baseball in the snow!
-
Perry Co. Central..Is Holland out?
"Maybe not 100%, but 99.99%! Hard to stay in a place where you are not wanted!" Just ask Tubby!
-
All 14th Region Team?
I don't believe it's been named yet since the tournament concludes Tuesday.
-
Were you All-14th Region?
Thanks Equalizer.
-
Were you All-14th Region?
That was my first thought, too Tin Cup so I checked. It's not on KHSAA. Then I asked several people and they said what usually happens is the names are written down on a piece of paper, given to the announcer and then it gets thrown away and they don't have to turn in the names to the state. Thus, they are "lost".
-
Were you All-14th Region?
Thanks for the addition! Here's what I have so far....anyone else? Travis McIntosh Owsley Co. 2000 Dakota Roberts Owsley Co. 2000 Allan Holland, Jr. Perry Central 2004 Derrick Bolling Perry Central 2005 Tyson Combs Owsley Co. 2005 Daniel Combs Perry Central 2005 Daniel Day Leslie County 2005 Cody Gilbert Wolfe County 2005 Quentin Morgan Leslie Co. 2005 Andrew Sewell Breathitt Co. 2005 Cleve Washington Hazard 2005 Alex Williams Letcher High 2005 Cameron Wright Whitesburg 2005
-
Were you All-14th Region?
Thanks..it's a start! Evidently, once the names of those who have made it were read, the lists were thrown away and there is no record. So those guys played for Owsley Co?
-
Were you All-14th Region?
Trying to compile a list of those named to the All-14th Region teams. If you were (or know someone who was) please list name, school and year. Going to pass it on to the people working on a website for the region. Thanks.
-
14th Region Titles
Thanks to everyone who gave me info!!! I spent several hours on the internet going to KHSAA web site (only found back to 1998) without much success and even went to each school's web site to see if they listed championships. I really appreciate the help!
-
14th Region Titles
I'm trying to compile a list of all past 14th Region Boys Basketball Winners. Haven't been able to find a list anywhere and most schools don't list the years they've won on their web sites. Anyone know any others please? Thanks Here's what I've found so far: 2006 Hazard High School 2005 Perry County Central 2004 Perry County Central 2003 Powell County 2002 Whitesburg High School 2001 Hazard High School 2000 Perry County Central 1999 Perry County Central 1998 Hazard High School 1997 Perry County Central 1993 Knott County Central 1992 Knott County Central 1991 Knott County Central 1988 Buckhorn High School 1978 Knott County Central 1973 Lee County 1972 Breathitt County 1968 Lee County 1964 Hazard High School 1959 Breathitt County 1956 Carr Creek High School 1951 Whitesburg High School
-
14th region all star team?
The two Letcher Central players were Mike Hogg and Jonathan Tucker.
-
Music help please
Thanks all! Got the video done and it was well received. Found some pretty good stuff on - "Get em on, get em over, get em in" for anyone looking, and used some of the suggestions from here. Buegrass Preps to the video rescue once again!
-
Music help please
Good suggestions.....all....even the "Chicken Dance" could be a moment of levity with the right film...although I don't think I'm going there. If anyone else is doing a video of baseball and needs that ha-ha moment, there is a song called "Third Base Coaches' Dance" that will be funny with the right film. I went to i tunes and typed in baseball but alot of the stuff is stories or pro-team specific songs. That being said, it is really helpful to get suggestions from here. What I am finding is that LOTS of people do football highlights but not so many baseball highlights.
-
Music help please
Jim, I am resisting that at this point, but as the deadline looms near and I can't come up with other options, weakness will prevail and I may have to break out some AC/DC!
-
Music help please
Once again I am in need of help in coming up with music...this time for a baseball video. I've got Centerfield, Take Me Out to the Ballgame, I am the Greatest and Cheap Seats. Now I am looking for music that would be good "background" music, not necessarily about baseball, just would fit segments about hitting, fielding and so on. Anyone got any suggestions?
-
Cocoa Expo in Cocoa, FL.....what teams are going this year?
Always looking for fund raisers and have to ask....What is the 100 inning game fundraiser?
-
anyplace new to play for Letcher Central
They've not even started the baseball or softball fields. We've been told we'll have to use field at the Whitesburg Little League Park this year as our home fields. (Where WHS played their home games) Oh well. Rather them take their time and do it right than rush it and risk not getting it right. Sure would've been nice to have a facility on campus though. There's always next year!!
-
LCC wins first home meet!
Saturday, LCC held a meet with Pike Central and Powell Valley (VA). The cougars defeated both schools! Good luck to them this weekend as they travel to Louisville for their next meet. GO COUGARS!!!! :banana: :banana:
-
LCC Wrestling
They were in a meet in Lawrence County and they took first place!
-
letcher centrals coach..
I've seen him action with his team and Coach Frohnapfel is extremely impressive. He obviously knows alot about wrestling from how his team has progressed in just one month of being together but what impressed me the most is the atmosphere he creates around the team. Even when he's correcting a kid, it doesn't become personal, it's all about the technique, the sport and not the kid. As a mom, I like that! Correct a kid, tell him what he needs to do, even chew him about a mistake if the kid needs it but don't EVER make it personal! I've seen that done and it's just not right.
-
LCC Wrestling
Wow! What we've been missing!!! The scrimmage was so much fun to watch. Didn't know the rules or much of anything about it but it is exciting, fast-paced and addictive. I'm just so thankful that the kids at LCC are getting an opportunity to be a part of this sport. Kudos to Head Coach Frohnapfel and assistant coach Howard for how well their team is performing (they've had two matches since the scrimmage) Two fine men who have brought a bunch of young men who'd never even seen a wrestling match to the point of being very competitive and winning many of their matches individually and they finished third out of six as a team last Tuesday! Haven't heard about today's matches yet. GO COUGARS!
-
14th Region Catchers
If Searcy is at Hazard can he play? He started in a varsity game for PCC this year so wouldn't that affect eligibility?
-
Best Looking Field In Eky
Have to say that technically speaking the Letcher Central Field wasn't completely finished last night, but it is already something beautiful! Not as many seats on the visitors side as one might like, but still enough for most visiting crowds, I think. When it is totally finished, it will be unbelievable. It is so wonderful that our kids have a facility like this!!!!!!! So many good things for our kids... cheerleaders, dance team, choir, band, football team, JROTC cadets....That's just the kids who took part last night! We are so blessed.
-
Where's A-Train?
Keep 'em coming! These are great!:thumb: