Everything posted by Metcalfe2010
-
Great Regional Moments...
2006 4th region tournament semis. Trey Shirley from Metcalfe made a deep three at the buzzer to beat Greenwood sending Metcalfe to the region finals for the first time since the late 80’s.
-
Clinton County 73 Allen County-Scottsville 52 (4th Region Quarter-Final)
Clinton looked really good tonight.
-
All A Classic
Was happy to see Metcalfe move on this morning. Made it much closer at the end than I hoped for but still proud and happy to see the Lady Hornets advance!
-
All A Classic
Who are the favorites to win the All A Classic? Hoping to see Metcalfe make a run at it. Also it seems that a 7:30 am starting time for any game will be difficult. I assume the schedule is an issue with EKU to extend the tournament by a day or two to avoid such an early start?
-
2019 Rules wish list
The play clocks at each school I doubt will ever be required. A lot of times it’s ran incorrectly also and the cost of them along with another person to run it (if done properly) just makes it unlikely. As for an official to run the play clock, that’s not a bad idea it just comes down to numbers in the officiating association. I know in the SKY conference there are around 60 officials any given year, so on nights where the association must cover 9 games (usually district weeks) we are running thin as it is.
-
Allen County-Scottsville 77 Warren Central 75 (OT)
Central was 5-12 from the free throw line for the game while ACS was 25-27. I felt the game really shifted when Central was up 7 late and took a quick corner three instead of pulling it out and running clock. Tough loss to swallow I’d imagine for Central considering the late lead. Look forward to seeing if they can bounce back with Hoptown and BG coming up soon.
-
Technical foul question
They’d be shot at the start of the second half. It could become a cluster if teams were made to come back out of the locker room. Just easier to shoot them at the start of the second half. Also the offended team gets the ball in this situation too, I believe.
-
Raymond Reed Classic at South Laurel (1-5)
I know that the huge match up of Trinity and Scott County is being played that day. Are there other games occurring that day? Is it a showcase?
-
Metcalfe County 74 Cumberland County 67
That’s definitely the hope around here. We hope to avoid Clinton in the first round. Big game at Clinton County Friday night to see where we stand. Tyler London led Metcalfe tonight with 31 points.
-
Metcalfe County 74 Cumberland County 67
2-2 on the season. My apologies.
-
Metcalfe County 74 Cumberland County 67
Final. Metcalfe wins their first district game since 2011 I believe. Hornets are 2-1 on the year now.
-
South Warren 20 Covington Catholic 16 (5A State Championship)
South had a running clock early in the second quarter and the starters didn’t play again. Lacy also say that game out.
-
South Warren 20 Covington Catholic 16 (5A State Championship)
I totally understand that. IMO use it after the second down play when the clock was running. In high school football the clock stops on a first down anyways and they were inside the 30. Hurry and spike it. Just my opinion, hindsight is 20/20.
-
Who was the best team in the state?
Who do you think the best team in the state was? I’d go with South Warren, Cov Cath, then Male. I just don’t think that Male would be able to run the ball effectively against either of the teams I ranked ahead of them, especially South.
-
Top to bottom is this the best state finals ever?
Best I’ve ever seen. Even the 6A wasn’t a total blow out.
-
South Warren 20 Covington Catholic 16 (5A State Championship)
Anyone else think that taking that time out home is a huge mistake? I mentioned it in the updates thread.
-
South Warren 20 Covington Catholic 16 (5A State Championship)
Amazing game. I was up here all weekend and to me those were the two best teams.
-
South Warren/Covington Catholic (5A Championship) Updates
I believe that these were the two best teams in the state.
-
South Warren/Covington Catholic (5A Championship) Updates
Cov Cath takes a timeout home with them. I don’t understand.
-
South Warren/Covington Catholic (5A Championship) Updates
If I’m south I’d snap it out of the end zone for a safety.
-
South Warren/Covington Catholic (5A Championship) Updates
Wow.
-
South Warren/Covington Catholic (5A Championship) Updates
Definitely a game now.
-
South Warren/Covington Catholic (5A Championship) Updates
Even if Cov Cath some how comes back to win this game, South is a better team today at least.
-
South Warren/Covington Catholic (5A Championship) Updates
Cov Cath is very fortunate to still be in this game.
-
South Warren/Covington Catholic (5A Championship) Updates
Neither team can run it between the tackles.