Everything posted by Mike Honcho
-
Mason County 73 Bracken County 68 (39th District Championship)
Let's not forget Crawford was sick. I'm sure that will be used as an excuse to some on here.. Harrison is not a bad team, very capable of sending somebody home early if they aren't ready to play. Just ask Pendleton about that. When you have one of if not the best coaches and players in the region ANYTHING can happen. The Honcho knows these things, seen too much ball over the years. As I've said before these Polar Bears could be playing possum.
-
Mason County 73 Bracken County 68 (39th District Championship)
I don't think they are excuses if there is validity to them. If you don't think Coach Hinson will have these guys ready to play in the region it could be a long night with somebody going home sad after an early exit.
-
George Rogers Clark vs Paris predictions (40th district finals)
I'm liking the way you think!
-
Mason County 73 Bracken County 68 (39th District Championship)
I don't think we are going to fall off like some think... You and me both know that Coach Hinson will have our players playing hard and they'll be ready to go. A lot of talent coming up that can play. Our coaching situation in the foreseeable future is alot steadier than Mason's at this point.
-
Mason County 73 Bracken County 68 (39th District Championship)
If Coach Hinson pushes the right buttons(I'm sure he will) and you get that big game out of Crawford, along with some other guys getting the 3ball to fall which they have shown that they can this game could have had an entirely different outcome! and this same formula could be a good combination in the region!
-
Mason County 73 Bracken County 68 (39th District Championship)
I would not want to play the Polar Bears in the semi's if I am anybody. Coach Hinson will have these boys ready to go and they have already shown they can play with the best on any given night. The Grand Finale I spoke of may play out on the bigger stage in the region!
-
Mason County 73 Bracken County 68 (39th District Championship)
I don't want to take anything away from Kirk but that was a Ferrari with the engine running and setting in drive when Coach Kirk got there. All he had to do was hit the gas. Those guys were Hinson's players after all.
-
Mason County 73 Bracken County 68 (39th District Championship)
Just disappointed in tonight. I felt like we were playing 2 on 8 most of the night and seems like every call went Masons way. I know you're not supposed to blame the refs but I was not a fan of that call on Crawford for the technical. On the other hand, I give tons of credit to Masons coaches and kids. They came into this game upset minded and was able to overcome a barrage of points by Crawford in order to get the win. Seems like Coach Hinson went with his tried and true method of set back and let the best player on the court win the game and Biggs went with the we will give Crawford his and not let anybody else beat us approach. I thought Appleman played well when he was in the game and looked good from 3. The old honcho is at a loss for words but it's nothing a big region win next week can't fix. As always I'll support the Bears and Coach Hinson win or lose.
-
Bracken County/Mason County updates (39th District Championship)
I saw Coach Hinson telling an assistant to get a saw and told an assistant to get a volunteer from the crowd. Could get interesting. Watch the show!
-
Mason County vs Bracken County 39th District Championship Predictions
All I can say is set back and watch the show tonight. In the past Coach Hinson has been pulling rabbits out of hats, tonight he is going to bust out the grade finale. Gonna be something to see!
-
Mason County vs Bracken County 39th District Championship Predictions
A lot of people don't realize that Coach Hinson is also the middle school coach. Kids coming up in Bracken County are now getting better coaching at a much younger age than they ever have in the past. Coach Hinson will tell you himself that the future is bright for this young bunch of bear cubs coming up.
-
Mason County vs Bracken County 39th District Championship Predictions
Whoa now, let's not get too far ahead of ourselves. If you haven't noticed, I am as big of a Coach Hinson fan as anybody. I think he wins championships at Augusta even without Bach because he is a difference maker on the court. The same way I think he will win tonight even if Austin miraculously doesnt get in double digits. Just look at the level he has Brady playing at right now, where was that before the Hinson era? Whether he wins, loses, or draws tonight, can't take away what the guy has done! Not his fault he's had arguably best player in the region most of his years as a coach and his perception shouldnt be taken down because of it.:ylsuper:
-
What Hinson's about to do, has it ever been done?
I'm not so sure. Coach Hinson grew up dreaming of being the Head Polar Bear. I think this position is bigger to him than money. I would definitely like to see what he could do with the Royals but at the same time don't want to lose him in Brooksville.
-
2017 10th Region
I think Coach Charles will have those Polar Bears chomping at the bit by the time March rolls around. Coming off a historic football and basketball season, Coach Charles winning the district and competing for the region will just be icing on the cake for this special group of seniors we have here at Bracken County.
-
Mason County vs Bracken County 39th District Championship Predictions
I think the "Brady Bunch" will be ready Thursday night. This guy has really came to play the second half of his senior season. Mason County will have another thing coming if they expect us to go quietly into that good night. Should be a classic.
-
Mason County vs Bracken County 39th District Championship Predictions
No rest for the weary Don. Best thing about hoops this time of year! Can't wait til Thursday night!
-
What Hinson's about to do, has it ever been done?
You're right, not enough money in Maysville to pull Coach Hinson away from the Polar Bears. He's done an excellent job at every step along the way.
-
Robertson County 54 Nicholas County 46
Nicholas still struggling to win the big game late in the season. Tickled to death for the Devils on this win. Congrats!
-
Bracken County/St. Patrick updates - 39th District
I did see one of the Bracken reserves come sprinting out of the locker room at the half looking for any extra grease pen, he said Coach Hinson had already went through two on the board. Heard kids say he was drawing up adjustments with both hands at the same time! Looks like it's working! Keep it up BC!
-
Bracken County/Saint Patrick Predictions 2/21/17 (39th District Tournament)
Coach Ray will guide his Lady Bears to a BIG win. I would not be surprised at all to see Coach Ray give the Lady Royals all they want in the district finals if both teams are lucky enough to advance. What a huge upset that would be!
-
Bracken County/Saint Patrick Predictions 2/21/17 (39th District Tournament)
Coach Hinson will pour it on early and often. We name the score, but class won't let it get too far out of hand. Bears by 25+
-
David Kelly of Lewis Co. Resigns.
Coach Charles and the Bat Bears have came close against Campbell in the recent past, I look for this year to be no different.
-
Open Job: Clay County
Looks more like to me that he graduated talent and then rebuilt and should be district favorite next year. Beat everybody but Brossart in the district, which Bracken played without 4 starters on offense. Sorry if I offended, just know how good a job our local coaches do. Sizemore, Hinson, Charles, and Ray are as good or better than anybody around.
-
David Kelly of Lewis Co. Resigns.
I could very easily see him surpassing Whitaker as the 10th regions all time winning coach before it's all said and done. He is a warrior on the baseball diamond and you can see the toughness with which his kids play with. Lewis went all in and came up short in their offer from what I hear. Coach Charles thinks this could be the year that Bracken wins the 10th
-
Open Job: Clay County
I'd understand if Clay came after Coach Sizemore but don't think they have the resources to get him. He has turned the Polar Bears into a small school powerhouse in a short amount of time. Hard to argue what he has accomplished here. He's easily the best young coach in the entire state IMHO. Bracken County has a Mount Rushmore of high school coaches right now.