Everything posted by BigRed32
-
Newport vs Newport Catholic regional final predictions
Just because I live there doesn't mean I don't communicate with anybody from said schools.
-
Newport vs Newport Catholic regional final predictions
Newport wasn't one dimensional last time. They actually out gained the Breds. I don't see them making Newport one dimensional this time around. Should be a dandy.
-
Newport vs Newport Catholic regional final predictions
Agreed!
-
Newport 37 Walton-Verona 36 (OT)
From what I'm hearing from people who were there, the WV fans were just as bad and embarrassing. Heard quite a few cheap shots took place as well.
-
Newport vs Newport Catholic regional final predictions
When was the last time the city of Newport had something this big to look forward to? IMO a change kills some of the mood for this game. City rivals playing outside of the city they are located. But I guess it's all about money, not the game. :idunno:
-
Newport vs Newport Catholic regional final predictions
Rumor has it NCC is trying to move the game away from Newport.
-
Newport vs Newport Catholic regional final predictions
They have never met in the playoffs.
-
Newport 37 Walton-Verona 36 (OT)
The Newport/NCC game was 22-17. Nut exactly a blowout.
-
Newport @ Walton Verona predictions
Regardless of who you could potentially meet in the next round, you must take care 1 week at a time. Nobody is overlooking anybody.
-
Newport @ Walton Verona predictions
for the record: OL can legally hold IF they're hands are inside. EVERY OL does it. The key to it is when the DL starts to move one way to reset the hands. If the OL continues to hold then it will be called. OL are taught to hold. As a DL, if you shoot the hands and engage before the OL then there is no way you get held and dont get the call, plain and simple.
-
Newport @ Walton Verona predictions
ttt
-
Newport @ Walton Verona predictions
Its been a while since the community had anything to really cheer for. It is good to see them starting to show they care about the success the kids are having.
-
Newport @ Walton Verona predictions
I have to agree. Selling out causes play action, if WV has any, to open wide up. If the Cats can play straight up then I think they win.
-
Newport @ Walton Verona predictions
Talked to a couple people earlier today and "supposedly" Newport is planning to take a bus or two of students and fans to the game.
-
Newport @ Walton Verona predictions
I didn't catch the Scott game but it looked as if they had their way with Newport. As for the NCC game, 70 of those came on the first drive, after that Newport seemed to have tighten it up pretty good. IF and that is a big IF Newport can force WV to the air I have to think that favors Newport. If they can't stop the run, which I think they'll be ready for, it'll be a lot of ground and pound. I do however think Newport has a good enough to contain the run. as for the crowd, it may or may not play a factor as WV doesn't have enough seating to cause lots of noise.
-
2A: Sweet 16
Caldwell County Owensboro Catholic Desales CAL Newport Newport Central Catholic Danville LCA
-
Newport @ Walton Verona predictions
I never said Walton hasn't gotten better, I would have to assume they have or they wouldn't be 10-1. And watching Newport play you can see the improvements from week 2 til now. They are very athletic at most positions. Guess we can find out Friday night who is better.
-
Is 192 teams in the playoffs appropriate?
It's because there are too many people who think Billy and Bob should get a chance to play in the playoffs because of not they'll be heart broken. We are in an era where EVERYBODY is declared a winner! You don't have to earn anything because everything is given. It's stupid.
-
Newport @ Walton Verona predictions
Newport has gotten a ton better since that game. And to say Walton has more talent is ludacris. Please tell me at what positions Walton is more athletic? I'll give you Lattimore, but other than that, where?
-
Newport @ Walton Verona predictions
Let's hear it folks!
-
Newport 45 Gallatin County 6
My apologies Guru, didn't see this thread already there.
-
Newport 45 Gallatin County 6
Final.
-
Class 2A: Sleepers
I guess when you look at it that way, you have a point footstomp.
-
Chances of 2A Walton Verona winning first ever state title?
I knew/know nothing about LCA other than their record. So with that, I can admit when I'm wrong.
-
Chances of 2A Walton Verona winning first ever state title?
Of course it would. They are city/district rivals as well as that game determined district champs. I just don't understand the hype of LCA I guess. But that is just my opinion.