Everything posted by bip
-
Morgan Hentz
Thanks for sharing! That's great to hear Kentucky is actually full of a lot of great talent. Paige Hammons (Florida commit) and Katlyn Horde (Penn State commit) come to mind. I'm sure there are more that I don't know about as well.
-
Sacred Heart heading to Notre Dame 8/25
wow, I didn't expect that looks like the Pandas might do better than expected
-
Sacred Heart heading to Notre Dame 8/25
there will be blood
-
Who are the top volleyball programs in the Bluegrass State?
I wouldn't shed too many tears. I don't think anyone at NDA has regretted Andres's decision to not coach anymore. She was a good coach but the program is doing just fine.
-
Who are the top volleyball programs in the Bluegrass State?
Cost them a good coach? Lost ground? They went to the state finals in the new coach's first year and the semis the next year. They finished ranked in the top 20 nationally both years under his tenure. Most schools in the nation would like to lose that kind of ground.
-
NKY Coaches "All-opponent" team
I would have had Natalie Hardig on here somewhere as well. I agree on Colvin fro 1st team. Who are the youngest girls on these lists?
-
Morgan Hentz
I'm almost positive that's false. Everything I've seen and heard is that she is excited and ready to go at Stanford.
-
Miss Volleyball
Has an NKY player ever won this? I think someone mentioned someone from Villa back in the 70s or 80s?
-
NDA Seniors
Great post! very proud to have watched these girls grow up and excel. They've set the bar high and I expect the NDA program to stay the course. Maybe not with the same level of talent each year but with the same spirit and fight. Go Pandas!
-
Notre Dame Academy 3 St. Henry 0 (Region 9 Semi-final)
The problem is that there is another building next door from Louisville that keeps overshadowing the NDA penthouse. I think you know who occupies the top 3 stories there. It's time for NDA to break out the wrecking ball this year!
-
Mercy 3 Sacred Heart 0
NDA is 2-3 vs Assumption/SHA with 4 of the 5 games coming down to the final set. It's going to be real close if everyone holds court and they meet in the Semis. I give Assumption the edge with coaching but wont be surprised to see any of these 3 do it. Mercy is the wild card but I still don't see them getting out of the quarters, if they do, they have a real good chance. PS, NDA better not sleep on Henry Clay or Scott
-
Mercy 3 Sacred Heart 0
Wow! This is going to be a game of who can get hot (and lucky) at the right time.
-
NDA/ St Henry
Great atmosphere and event but the game was never in question as NDA dominated from the start to end. Based on how tight the freshman and JV games were, I'd expect a closer match next year.
-
NDA finally takes a match from Assumption
Hmmmm, I don't know about overmatched. the score was 17-17 in the 1st and 18-18 in the second. I think SHA just executed better down the stretch. I think NDA might have been a little too happy to get by Assumption for once. Regardless SHA was better and deserved the win. NDA's opposite actually had the best hitting % for NDA in that final match (maxpreps stats) and looks to have had a pretty good tourney so I don't think a change is necessary. Looking forward to the semis assuming each team can get there.
-
NDA finally takes a match from Assumption
But then get swept by Sacred Heart for the Championship. Good run though
-
NDA finally takes a match from Assumption
NDA wins the semis against Assumption in 3 at the McAuley Asics Challenge in Chicago Waiting to face Sacred Heart in the Championship KY is dominating the national tournaments
-
St. Henry at Henry Clay
Henry Clay sweeps. Is HC that good? i heard they have a lot of young talent.
-
St. Henry at Henry Clay
I noticed St Henry looked much improved at the LIVT. I think this match will tell us how far they've come. Should be a good one
-
2015 LIVT Seeding
I think McAuley's seeding is about right. they lost a lot from last year and are ranked behind the top 3 teams on PrepVolleyball's rankings I'm still not sure who's the best of the 4 big KY schools. We'll probably have a better idea after this weekend
-
Mercy (KY) at Notre Dame (KY) 9/3 predictions
I was surprised. Mercy looked very crisp. They were the better team tonight. going to be a fun year
-
NKY Power Players
Tobler for ST. Henry Knaley for NDA worth considering
-
NKY Power Players
Usual suspects would include: Bush Smith McDonald Tapp and somebody at Beechwood must be doing something right (Ogle?) but I haven't seen them play this year I have seen NDA and I would add Salkowski Talkers
-
Notre Dame keeps rolling
If its the same voters that moved NDA to #4 in the state from #2 after beating Sacred Heart and staying undefeated, Then I wouldn't bet on Hentz getting Miss KY. That title is reserved for Louisville players only
-
Notre Dame 3 Sacred Heart 2 (25-21, 25-17, 23-25, 21-25, 15-11)
NDA takes down #14 Cardinal Gibbons in straight sets today. That's #14 (defending NC state champs), 16, and 17 (defending Ohio state champs). All in one week.
-
Notre Dame 3 Sacred Heart 2 (25-21, 25-17, 23-25, 21-25, 15-11)
From the NDA Twitter account stats from tonight: Hentz 27 kills @ .333 Salkowski 16 kills @ .464 Colvin 22 digs, Hardig 6 blocks, Talkers 64 assists thats a TEAM effort