Notre Dame keeps rolling

wkrp

NDA defeated the second GGCL school from Cincinnati last night....NDA vs St. Ursula

25-11, 25-17, 25-17. Whats left is Ursuline and Lakota East.

Tomorrow night at NDA is Mercy...rematch of state championship....I hope NDA is ready to make a statement.

And Morgan Hentz is No. 22 on the 100 Senior aces in Prep volleyball.

She is a treat to watch and I invite anyone who can come see her play.

No doubt Kentucky Miss Volleyball....the best player ever to come out of NKY

Here's link NDA's schedule

As was posted in another thread, if you are committed to "your" school on Tuesdays and Thursdays, and don't want to drive to Louisville or Chicago, there are 2 dates coming up not on a Tues or Thurs to see the machine known as NDA, and the best all-around player ever from NKY

Wed Sept 16 at Simon Kenton

Mon Sept 21 vs Campbell County at ND

If its the same voters that moved NDA to #4 in the state from #2 after beating Sacred Heart and staying undefeated, Then I wouldn't bet on Hentz getting Miss KY.

That title is reserved for Louisville players only

If its the same voters that moved NDA to #4 in the state from #2 after beating Sacred Heart and staying undefeated, Then I wouldn't bet on Hentz getting Miss KY.

That title is reserved for Louisville players only

Sad but true. NKY coaches should be doing their part, and doing the right thing.

The rankings that you refer to are the KVCA Poll which is a poll of Kentucky high school volleyball coaches. ND will have its due and after beating mercy (which isn't near as good as last year after graduation a bunch - much like Notre Dame will be next year) will reign as the number one team in the state for much of the year.

As someone who has seen the states talent for many years, Morgan is the best KY has this year and barring something crazy, she will receive her due as Ms. KY Volleyball. Most years, the best player likely does come from Louisville and probably rightfully so but this isn't one of those. Fear not my friends, all will be good in time. Rankings do not matter, only titles do and she will lead ND to state and fight for her chance at history.

If NDA beats Mercy tonight, Assumption may still stay ranked ahead of them as they have not played head to head yet.

Realistically, it's unlikely that NDA remains undefeated this year. I also wouldn't be totally surprised if they do run the table. Well coached, senior dominated team is a good formula. NDA still has the LIVT and Nike Challenge in Chicago plus tonight's Mercy match and a regular season match with Assumption. That's tough to navigate without a loss.

The biggest threat to Morgan as POY is Paige Hammons and so far Morgan is 1-0 in that match-up head to head.

The biggest threat to Morgan as POY is Paige Hammons and so far Morgan is 1-0 in that match-up head to head.

Hentz will be Miss Volleyball for 2015. Her only true competition is Hammons, and the award is a senior only honor. Hammons most likely wins next year unless some new star arises. The only senior I see possibly having a shot to keep Hentz from winning is Zweibel from SH. It will depend on their stats, and, most likely, who's carrying home the trophy at year end.

The only year the award went to someone I felt it shouldn't have was 2012 to Assumption's Paulson. Good player, but I thought Maya McClendon was better all around. Paulson won state though.