Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

The Big Cat

10 Post Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by The Big Cat

  1. I don't believe that is what he's saying at all. You might want to re-read his post. That district 1 through whatever isn't as tough as the 2 districts he's mentioning. Not quite sure where your getting that feel from that post as far as being an easy out.
  2. You see a lot of baseball as do I, and just wanted to see your thoughts. I'm a HUGE pitching guy, and believe you win with pitching and defense. I think you would like Lawhorn also, pitched extremely well against Ryle, just didn't get any help defensively. Smith has some kinks to work out and he will be fine. McMahan is very raw talent and just needs to polish his game. Thought he actually didn't pitch bad against you guys. Not going to disagree with your poll as I still like mine. Just opinions. Have a great afternoon and evening!!!
  3. Just wanted to see if you placed Cooper 8th based off the performance over the weekend? No attack here TOG, just wanted to see if that is what you based that off of. If so, where would you have placed them if this weekend didn't happen. Just like to see what your opinion is? :popcorn:
  4. I will chime in for the Jags after an eventfull weekend, to say the least, and give my 2 cents worth. Any of these teams seem to be able to beat each other on any given day. It's still very early but hard to say that anyone just jumps out as a true favorite, as CCH was last year. This region shows parity at this time IMO. 1. CCH 2. Conner 3. Ryle 4. Beechwood 5. Cooper 6. St. Henry 7. HHS 8. Holy Cross 9. NCC 10.Dixie
  5. I am guessing Heppler and Hoard threw?
  6. Ryle....I would like to say congrats on your win. Defense was superb! Cooper....You're a great bunch of kids don't let ANYONE get into your heads.
  7. This just looks like some misunderstanding on how this has been worded. If you say they throw mid 80's, then they throw mid 80's with a top out speed of ?????. I'm sure you know what I'm saying. I can tell you that mid 80's is very solid for a freshman. Dunn as a freshman was 80-83 and topped out at 87. Once you get to that point the jumps get smaller as you go up. He's been 85-87 consistant with hitting 88 multiple times and 90 one time as a junior thus far. Just throwing that out there. Good Luck to those boys!!!
  8. I thought he was safe along with about 4 other CCH fans that were right behind the net.
  9. Actually Hellbird...He was lights out against St. Henry. I think you meant to say sub par outing against Holy Cross.:thumb: Even sub par he held the Indians in check for his brief stint. Think dad might have had a little sit down with him after that game!!!
  10. Dunn looked like the velocity is building back up and had very good command of all his pitches tonight. He and Doerman kept the Colonels at bay. Just like a hall of fame coach used to say from LSU. There are 4 things that can happen. 1. You play very well and WIN 2. You play very well and LOSE 3. You play lousy and WIN 4. You play lousy and LOSE Just thought I would pass that on from somebody bigger than anyone on here. LSU Coach Skip Bertman, 5 National Championships.
  11. Hello Jimmy.....you are correct. Take it easy on some of these people...:clap:
  12. Actually 2 of the better hitters had an off day and another was on the bench. No stat building in this one Clyde. They had quite a few errors and the Jags took advantage.
  13. Very Solid pitching from McMahan tonight. No errors which is a awesome considering the field looked pretty good, but didn't play very well. The boys have continued each game to keep hitting better and better. As long as the defense continues to tighten up and pitching continues to get better, this is going to be a very tough team come the end of the year.
  14. That's a tough one "BIGBADDAD". You can look at I'm sure all kinds of polls away from this site to see who is considered the top NKY Pitcher. I'm sure in those rankings, there would be various pitchers listed. You could say the best pitcher right now is the Davies kid from CCH. If you are looking for UNBIAS opinions then you may want to search out those sites.
  15. I don't know if that's anyway to get BNUT since this was given to you and it's not your stats being posted, RIGHT? Do you have stats on the game? Just wondering? TOG, seemed to get your back on something that wasn't even really yours correct? Just trying to get down to the nuts and bolts. Thanks BNUT! Look forward to your reply! BTW, good luck to HC the rest of the year. AJ should help in the rotation for sure.
  16. Sports Fan........I was just reading this thread and was just getting ready to post the same thing word for word....LOL..:thumb:
  17. Congrats Mitchell.....Very solid win!!!
  18. Very solid win by the Jags. Errors are still haunting the Jags a bit, but it was a little cold and it's still early. Certain players are not hitting to their capabilities at all. Once they join in the line-up should be very solid all the way through. Still see some pressing, but much more of a team than any other Cooper team has had since the school opened. JMO!
  19. Dingerbird.............You are correct in your explanation of what is technically an error. Trust me......in this game these were errors beyond a shadow of a doubt.
  20. I have to concur with hja1224. Being at the game his details are accurate regarding the earned run situation. These were errors for fact. No one dove, took 10 steps or anything dramatic to make the plays. ERRORS people PERIOD!
  21. Kentonman......Been gone for a long time from this site, but I'm back. I REALLY know a lot about Dunn and I can tell you that he has hit 90 on the gun one time in a bullpen, which I witnessed. I also can get reports for you on what he does actually throw, if you need it. Was he on his game? NO! Guess we'll have to see what happens if they face off again and we can leave it at that. Hat's off to HC and good luck the rest of the season.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.