Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Who's the best in NKY right now?

Featured Replies

Who has the best team/is playing the best ball in NKY right now? Cov cath? Ryle? Conner? Etc?

  • Replies 32
  • Views 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great thread, you took the words right of my mouth.

 

Man, it appears that the parity if pretty close and solid at this point. Overall I think NKY baseball is getting better and better and is well represented. :thumb:

 

Could someone that is very knowledgeable with stats and knows the game of baseball maybe give us top 10 taking some important factors into consideration. (ie-strength of schedule / W-L / stats)

I think the top 10 could be pretty interesting at this point in time.

Great thread, you took the words right of my mouth.

 

Man, it appears that the parity if pretty close and solid at this point. Overall I think NKY baseball is getting better and better and is well represented. :thumb:

 

Could someone that is very knowledgeable with stats and knows the game of baseball maybe give us top 10 taking some important factors into consideration. (ie-strength of schedule / W-L / stats)

I think the top 10 could be pretty interesting at this point in time.

 

Now that Spring Break is over, we can down to business again. Just saying.

 

Not sure if anyone keeps those type of stats anymore. Would be nice though. Maybe in a week or two we will have a better feel for the local comp. from HHS standpoint anyway.

This link will show you every 9th region team's record and you can connect to their schedule with results by clicking on their name. Go to the bottom of the page and it shows every 9th region team.

 

Scoreboard

 

It is still early, but I would say at this point you would have to go with Covington Catholic, Ryle and Beechwood as the top 3 at this point. Beyond that, it is too early and too close to really judge who is better right now. I would put these 8 teams all in the mix as good teams that you better play well against or you will get beat - St. Henry, Conner, Cooper, New Cath, Holy Cross, Highlands, Dixie and Boone. If I were to do a top ten as of this morning (9th region only), it would look like this:

 

1. Ryle

2. Covington Catholic

3. Beechwood

4. Conner

5. Cooper

6. St. Henry

7. New Cath (they will move up fast as the season goes on)

8. Dixie

9. Highlands

10. Holy Cross

1. Ryle

2. CovCath

3. Beechwood

4. Conner

5. Highlands

6. Cooper

7. NCC

8. St.Henry

9. Holy Cross

10. Dixie

1. Ryle

2. CovCath

3. Beechwood

4. Conner

5. Highlands

6. Cooper

7. NCC

8. St.Henry

9. Holy Cross

10. Dixie

 

Highlands and NCC are the tough ones to rank right now. We all know they are better than their current records. If I were to do a ranking based on where I expect teams to be at the end of the year, those two would be right there in the mix at the top.

Baseball even more so than any other HS game, is all about match ups and the depth of the pitching staff.

 

I have always been for and believe the District and Regional games should be played day after day after day without a rest period between game days! Reason? To show who has the best team (pitching staff) not the best stud pitcher, that can pitch twice because once you get to the State Tourney it is that way.

 

My picks

 

1) Conner

2) CovCath

3) Ryle

4) HHS

5) Beechwood

6) Holy Cross

7) NCC

8) Cooper

9) St. Henry

1. Newcath or Covcath. Both have played top teams in state

3. Highlands.

4. Ryle

5. Connor

6. Cooper

7. Beechwood

8. St. Henry

9. Dixie

10. Boone county

1. Newcath or Covcath. Both have played top teams in state

3. Highlands.

4. Ryle

5. Connor

6. Cooper

7. Beechwood

8. St. Henry

9. Dixie

10. Boone county

 

I am going to guess and say you are looking at the quality of the team and not basing this on what these teams have done year to date. NCC has been smoked twice by CCH so no way you can rank them even. Highlands is 3-5.

I am going to guess and say you are looking at the quality of the team and not basing this on what these teams have done year to date. NCC has been smoked twice by CCH so no way you can rank them even. Highlands is 3-5.

 

Just saying NewCath is starting to play good baseball and so is Highlands. NewCath and Highlands have a lot of kids back from last year and until someone beats Newcath in the 9th region tourney I will consider them as my #1 or #2 and by the way Newcath smoked Beechwood and you have them # 3

I will chime in for the Jags after an eventfull weekend, to say the least, and give my 2 cents worth. Any of these teams seem to be able to beat each other on any given day. It's still very early but hard to say that anyone just jumps out as a true favorite, as CCH was last year. This region shows parity at this time IMO.

 

1. CCH

2. Conner

3. Ryle

4. Beechwood

5. Cooper

6. St. Henry

7. HHS

8. Holy Cross

9. NCC

10.Dixie

Baseball even more so than any other HS game, is all about match ups and the depth of the pitching staff.

 

I have always been for and believe the District and Regional games should be played day after day after day without a rest period between game days! Reason? To show who has the best team (pitching staff) not the best stud pitcher, that can pitch twice because once you get to the State Tourney it is that way.

 

My picks

 

1) Conner

2) CovCath

3) Ryle

4) HHS

5) Beechwood

6) Holy Cross

7) NCC

8) Cooper

9) St. Henry

 

Just wanted to see if you placed Cooper 8th based off the performance over the weekend? No attack here TOG, just wanted to see if that is what you based that off of. If so, where would you have placed them if this weekend didn't happen. Just like to see what your opinion is? :popcorn:

Just wanted to see if you placed Cooper 8th based off the performance over the weekend? No attack here TOG, just wanted to see if that is what you based that off of. If so, where would you have placed them if this weekend didn't happen. Just like to see what your opinion is? :popcorn:

 

Against the three IMVHO best teams in the Region at the moment, they again in my IMVHO, came up very, very short!

 

Conner run ruled then, Ryle beat them 7-2 and CovCath beat them by a score of 9-4.

 

Remember you asked me my opinion and I am giving it to you, as per your requested!

 

With Dunn on the hump 2nd or 3rd, from what I saw on the hump this weekend, I will put them where I placed them 8th. Pitching is the name of the game and Cooper has a very, very good one in Dunn but again from what I saw this weekend.......

You see a lot of baseball as do I, and just wanted to see your thoughts. I'm a HUGE pitching guy, and believe you win with pitching and defense. I think you would like Lawhorn also, pitched extremely well against Ryle, just didn't get any help defensively. Smith has some kinks to work out and he will be fine. McMahan is very raw talent and just needs to polish his game. Thought he actually didn't pitch bad against you guys. Not going to disagree with your poll as I still like mine. Just opinions. Have a great afternoon and evening!!!

 

Against the three IMVHO best teams in the Region at the moment, they again in my IMVHO, came up very, very short!

 

Conner run ruled then, Ryle beat them 7-2 and CovCath beat them by a score of 9-4.

 

Remember you asked me my opinion and I am giving it to you, as per your requested!

 

With Dunn on the hump 2nd or 3rd, from what I saw on the hump this weekend, I will put them where I placed them 8th. Pitching is the name of the game and Cooper has a very, very good one in Dunn but again from what I saw this weekend.......

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.