Ryle 7 Cooper 2

hja1224

I hope I get this correct protocol.

Congrats to Ryle who made the plays and deserved to win the game. (I congratulated the winning team)

Keys to game (or excuses if you prefer as I don't care either way :D)

Cooper had 8 errors allowing 6 unearned runs (by my book in my head).

Cooper had two inning's where the first batter was at 2nd with no outs and both make base running mistakes and get thrown out.

Coopers #4 hitter was not there.

Again, Ryle made the plays and are a solid team. The 33rd is going to be a bear.

Now, the rest of you can have at it as I'm encouraged by the outcome tonight against the only unbeaten team in NKY giving all of my excuses above. :wave:

Congrats to the Raiders on another win. I'm sure Cooper is a solid team. The 33rd will be a real dogfight with seeding meaning very little when it comes down to ace vs. ace in the first round sudden-death district games. The team that gets the better pitching and makes the plays generally wins on a given day. The last 2 runs by Ryle were earned unless you call a pitch in the dirt that the catcher could not contain a passed ball. Looked like a wild pitch to me. However, as a former catcher, I always thought any time the ball went to the screen it was my fault. The way Cooper's catcher reacted, he felt the same way I did back in the day. That means he is a competitor and team player and not blaming it on the pitcher - I like that. Almost starting to feel like baseball weather - even a few shorts out today!

The thing that makes Ryle especially dangerous this year is that they truly do have all three parts of the game - very good pitching, excellent defense, solid hitting. Not that all three parts necessary show up every game, but if you can get at least two of those parts to show up - and Ryle usually does - it's a pretty safe assumption you will be in the game and have a good chance to win it.

I'll weigh in...

Apparently, as a Radiers Fan I'm not going to complain about a win.

I will say that Cooper was not without their share of errors in the game. Furthermore, some of these errors lead to the score being tilted toward Ryle vs Cooper. But with that said I will not discount the Ryle players and their overall performance. Ryle moved players around the bases when needed and scored them when they could. Cooper loaded the bases on more than one occasion with less than two outs and were unable to put more than one run across the plate in the process. Was this poor offensive performance on their part or good defensive performance on Ryle's part, or vice versa? What's the difference, the result was the same?

Ryle started Mitchell See and Cooper started Jake Lawhorn. IMO pitching was relatively equal at least from a starting standpoint. As far as I'm concerned, both teams entered the game with the same mindset... not a district seeding game so let's not throw our ace. But I'm quite certain that neither team played to lose.

So I'll gladly congratulate the Raiders as they move to 8-0. I hope they all get a good night sleep and dream about beating the two tough opponents, namely Covington Catholic and Conner that they will face when the sun comes up tomorrow.

Any given Sunday!!

Cooper jumps out to 1-0 lead in top of 1st when Nick Carr hits a double to right, bunted to 3rd I believe and scored on sac fly to left. Momentum changed when with 2 outs in the bottom of the 1st, Forbes hits a high pop fly to 2nd. The wind was absolutely howling, he runs it out and makes the turn for 2nd at full speed. 2nd baseman miss plays the ball in the wind and Forbes fires up the bench from the 2nd base bag. He scores and another scores in the 1st and the errors kept the Raiders in front the rest of the game, letting them add runs in most innings. The Cooper pitcher threw very well. They definitely had chances to come back. Ryle's defensive IQ is very high and they pulled off some great plays. Cooper is a very good team. Not one to be overlooked for sure.