St. Henry 6 Beechwood 3

Just Jim

Kuebbing goes the distance for the Crusaders. #95 started for Beechwood. Threw hard, a little wild and only pitched 1 inning. He also hit the ball hard to right corner for a double his first time up. St.Henry catcher (Markgraf) records all 3 outs in the 6th. Throwing out 2 runners at second and 1 at third. He has to have around 8 or so throwouts this year.

Kuebbing goes the distance for the Crusaders. #95 started for Beechwood. Threw hard, a little wild and only pitched 1 inning. He also hit the ball hard to right corner for a double his first time up. St.Henry catcher (Markgraf) records all 3 outs in the 6th. Throwing out 2 runners at second and 1 at third. He has to have around 8 or so throwouts this year.

Gutsy complete game effort from Kuebbing so early in the season! Markgraf had another outstanding performance behind the plate, he was huge in the 6th inning. I think the Crusaders really wanted to win this game.

Gutsy complete game effort from Kuebbing so early in the season! Markgraf had another outstanding performance behind the plate, he was huge in the 6th inning. I think the Crusaders really wanted to win this game.

I am sure St. Henry had this one circled as a game to win. They put their ace on the mound. Looks like Coach Mullins taught them a little too much last year. Congratulations to the Crusaders. Glad to see Markgraff having success. He is a good kid who works hard and has always loved catching.

The young Tigers are off to a great start. Learn from this one and keep getting better.

Glad to hear it. Markgraf must have worked hard for the opportunity for Varisty start. He played JV as a junior and I wasn't that impressed. He did have strong arm, but his footwork needed some attention. Not sure who he threw out, but there's some good speed through the lineup on Beechwood team, so it's impressive to get 3 in a single inning.