Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

NkuRoyal31

Suspended
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by NkuRoyal31

  1. Anyone have any stats on this one? Mainly for Trinity?
  2. He had more than six points, the only shots he missed basically were his quick 3's, which he had a couple go in and out. Your correct about last name not meaning you'll be good but he is good, he's a freshman who is already starting at the varsity level and getting valuable playing time along with learning. #23 hurt T's chances more than anyone else espically Chris, this guy was like a black hole and never looked to pass to the open guy even when being double teamed! I disagree with being a street ball player, just because he has handles and is very quick with the ball doesnt mean he's a street ball player! He had some very good passe's that his team-mates blow for him to add up the assist. With time and developing over the next 3 1/2 years he will get those better fundamentals and will grow into an even better player IMO
  3. One other thing I was going to ask after watching last nights game. Stinzel was a machine and seems to be able to stroke it from just about anywhere but also has the ability to take it to the hole. My question is do you think Billy G should be giving him a hard look and should have waited to offer Zollo(sp) a scholarship? I think Stinzel is the better of the two and is bred to be a basketball player.
  4. I think if his body fills out like his fathers and he can develop an consistent outside shot he is defintley D1 material. You dont see many freshman with such quickness and ball handling skills that this kid has. As long as he continues to grow and mature over the next 3 and a half years I see college basketball in his future.
  5. He could have had 10 as I said I wasnt too positive but i knew he had around 8 at least. Your right though blown layups cost Trinty huge in this game. Little harrison has such a good touch on pass's but his team mates simply couldnt finish. He could have easily had 8+ assist if it wasnt for the layups. And for being so small he can sure jump! He was right in there hustling for rebounds and it seemed like on long rebounds the ball always came to him. He's going to be special, I'd be dissappointed if he was anything but one of the top 10 players his senior year:thumb:
  6. Thought it would be close either way it went. Tough loss for Elliott Co but they will rebound and be just fine. Sometimes it takes tough losse's and games to make you see the even bigger picture. Rather loss early in the season rather than March! But I said Elliott wouldnt get close to that 106 ppg average in this one! Look for Elliott to bounce back and have a better game next time out!
  7. I'm not surre on the final number but I believe it was in the ball park between 6-8 points. He didnt shoot well at all from 3 point range but when he got inside he made some nice mid range shots along with floaters. He plays some pretty good defense as well. Coming into the game he was averaging 8.3 ppg as a frosh
  8. Like I've said before, if Russ doesnt score a majority of their points they wont have an offense. There just isnt as much firepower on this team as the past years and that will come back to hurt them down the stretch. But congrats on the W and representing your state along with town with class! Should be an interesting one Monday
  9. Just got home from going to the UK game and then headed over with my dad and father Chris Harrison to watch this game. Clark Co is a tough team and after watching them play they are the team to beat in the 10th, not just this year but for a few down the road. I didnt understand why Trinity waited so long to press? Their half court set was non existent. Some questionable calls toward followed by make up calls at the other end in my opinion. All I could think about while seating next to Chris Harrison was man if his kid fills out to be built like his father and with his quick moves he is going to be one tough ball player and a force to be reckoned with. I think his shot selection will improve with maturity seeing that he is only a freshman, but I also thought #23 really hurt them more than he helped them
  10. Elliott's first true test of the year and unless its a western gun battle, I don't see them hitting their season average of 106 ppg. It's good to play the best from other states, it prepares you for March and along with Scott and Holmes, Elliott is a threat to be cutting down the nets in March.
  11. Does anyone know the diffuculty of this tournament? I must admit that I wish I was there but I think I speak for myself and mjalltheway when I say that town doesnt want to see us back after our last spring break trip we took their in the spring lol!
  12. Thanks for clearing that up! :thumb: I'd talked to him this summer and he said he was going somewhere in ohio in the fall but it didnt pan out so i didnt know if it was the same school now as it was then! but thanks again for clearing that up
  13. Both very true facts. I graduated with wes and have known him since grade school and def feel like along with his scoring power and defense this would have helped save us that year in state and had been only the 7th or 8th school in the history of kentucky high schools to repeat as state champions. May be a rumor but i had heard he might be going somewhere small to play? I said might be a rumor so correct me if im wrong
  14. To piggy back off this i agree. If you look at the boys teams from mason co although talent wise each senior class might not be as good as the ones before them they have never had to do this. They always reload and have players step in immediatley to fill the holes of those left by the seniors depatures. Thats why i believe if you dont build the system up starting with the fourth and fifth graders aka have a farm system then your going to run into these problems and when you do its not going to be pleasent at all, as we see in this case!
  15. I thought that was when it was but wasnt totally sure, thanks for clearing that up!:thumb:
  16. I def agree with you 110% about keeping parents etc out of the running of a team and it doesnt hurt them it always comes back on the player which isnt fair. I feel this team will benefit from a new head coach and find themselves this year and with no seniors and gaining experince will be a team no one wants to play next year. Theres no doubt about it their going to take their lumps this year, although i feel their record doesnt show for their improvement.
  17. I agree they can compete for the 10th region title but I think it could be awfully hard this year. If I'm a 10th region coach or any other coach I put my best defender on Middleton and lock him down and make the others around him beat us. I feel like this team and offense focuse's way too much on him and although he is a tremendous ball player I don't see him having the ability to carry a team like a Darius Miller or Chris Lofton. Thats just my two cents though.
  18. Just to reply to the end of big royal daddys post theres always going to be favoritism involved, it happens at every school including Mason Co. Even if they brought new assistants I really dont think it would change. But from what im told and ive heard the assistant with the neice on the team is actually a good player and likely one of the future impact players of this team to come for many years down the road.
  19. Theres a difference in being a young team and having such a brutal schedule to deal with at the same time. I feel this team will be alright and will benefit but you also as a Head Coach And Athletic Director see your going to be a little down and young after losing some major players and need to make the schedule accordingly. Young teams and brutal schedules can lead to a rather long season, not saying it will happen but its a possibilty.
  20. I agree with it being a little too hard, espically with such a young team. I did hear from a very reliable source that we may not see Scott County and Lex Cath on the schedule for very much longer
  21. I very well understand losing a solid group of players, being the senior class that followed the depature of Lofton, Grutza and Litzinger along with a new coach it takes awhile to find yourself and get in that groove. I'd say that year was the closest to 10 l's that we'd been in awhile. We finished 22-9 that year. Wasnt the 16-14 season the year Steve Appleman gave it a shot of coaching right before they hired Wells or am i mistaken?
  22. Going off the thread of who was your schools best player ever I thought I'd see what everyone thought about who might be their schools most under rated player. We all had that guy who did the dirty work and hustled but didnt get as much recognization as the star. Just a few from Mason from my day I'd have to go with Litzinger, Wes Jones, and maybe even Casey Pfeffer. If it wasnt for Pfeffer hitting the 3 right before lofton hits the game tying 3 against trinty in the 3 overtime battle it would have never got that far. So who where your schools most under rated players?
  23. Don't get me wrong here, being a former Mason Co player and obviously a little biased toward them I just had one question to ask. Looking at their schedule and espically with hardly any cupcakes on it through the months of January-February, could this be the first 10 loss season for a Mason County team in over a decade? Just asking for opinions, espically since this team is very young but may also go on a run on their own.
  24. Congrats too Scott High. I remember watching them against Moeller after Mason Co played and they didnt look very well at all. They were very sloopy and didnt shoot to well. Even sitting with a former Scott High player he agreed and said he'd never seen them look as bad. But congrats on a hard fought win and way to make the 10th region look good!

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.