Everything posted by southernkyhoops
-
AAU Basketball
I think the NKY wildcats are the team to beat and I feel the Magic are probably 2nd, however Hoops Elite South played very well this past weekend for their first time out without a practice and missing 2 key players. They were up 10 on the Magic in the 4th quarter but i don't know what the final margin of victory was. I think you would have to consider Hoops South a contender. I know they are practicing everyday and they will play most every weekend until the nationals. They should be very competitive at the nationals. The other Hoops team is the D1 team, I do think they played in Indiana a few weeks ago.
-
AAU Basketball
I am also surprised you didn't mention Hoops Elite South who easily defeated the Northern Kentucky Magic this weekend in Louisville and narrowly lost to Bloomington Red in the finals (having not yet held a practice). They will be a favorite to win the 11/u state, they were also missing 2 of their better players this weekend. This is the Albany Bulldogs team that finished 9th in the D2 nationals last season with 4 new players. Generation next has too many grade exceptions to participate in the state but they are an exceptional team, and the NKY Wildcats will also be VERY strong and I would agree, the team to beat until proven otherwise. I look for there to be only 1 division unless the Wildcats go D1, then there could be 4 D1 teams. If the Wildcats go D1, I would say there will be 2 divisions, if not only 1. In 13/u Kentucky Elite will be the team to beat with 7th grade state tourney MVP Logan Gardner and Corey Stearns from Wayne County along with several of the top players from Eastern and southern Kentucky. (Beverly, Justice, Davis, Dishman, Blackburn,Allen, Baxter) This team will be coached by Brad Sizemore. Other top 13/u teams will be the Ville and NKY Knights. 12/u Hoop Dreams and Kentucky Elite will be the teams to beat. The Lexington Colonels and Mercer County will also be very good. In 10/u Hoops Elite will surprise some people. They have 4th grader Andrew Taylor from Corbin playing down with them (he plays for Hoops Elite south 11/u).
-
Any rumors on region realignment for the future?
Clinton and Russell WILL be moved to the 12th. Right it down.
-
8th grade middle school state tournament Feb. 19-21
Watched almost everyone tonight, can't see a clear cut favorite. Clinton, moss, Johnson, LTMS, WaLTON, Knox, Crosby, and Hazard all won easily tonight. I think your winner will come from this bunch. Didn't see Scott Co but they would also be in that group. There are a couple of other teams that are much better than they played tonight who could win it all. Should be a great tournament.
-
8th grade middle school state tournament Feb. 19-21
We played Conner each of the past 2 years at the MSS at the KBA. They have a very good team.
-
8th grade middle school state tournament Feb. 19-21
I was told today pretty straight, Fox is not playing.
-
8th grade middle school state tournament Feb. 19-21
Heard that Fox is playing.
-
Knott County Central 55 Perry County Central 52
You guys haven't done your Dave Fraley homework. Don't bet agaist him in tournament play. He does have a state title under his belt.
-
8th grade middle school state tournament Feb. 19-21
Southern - Johnson would be a great game, if you pick your brackets now you will see that every round of 16 game will be exciting. Anyone in that group is capable of winning it. I can't wait!
-
8th grade middle school state tournament Feb. 19-21
Southern looks to be in good shape. Check out that bottom bracket, killer. I can see about 16-18 teams being capable of advancing to the final 4.
-
7th grade middle school State tournament Feb.5-7
Holmes probably should have beaten AB Combs. South Laurel destroyed Combs the next game. Combs has a great 6th grade point guard that wasn't allowed to play 7th grade. He would have made their team much better.
-
7th grade middle school State tournament Feb.5-7
FYI, Combs lost by 30 to South Laurel. South was another team capable of winning it as was Virgie, Clay County, and Southern.
-
7th grade middle school State tournament Feb.5-7
In my opinion Ockerman would have been in the 5-8 category with teams that were there. I don't think they could have played with any of the final 4, but we will never know. Stanley would have probably been the best player in the tournament, hate he didn't get to play. Maybe next year Ockerman will come.
-
7th grade middle school State tournament Feb.5-7
Wayne Vs Knox Championship Game
-
7th grade middle school State tournament Feb.5-7
Wayne Vs Virgie Knox Vs South Laurel
-
7th grade middle school State tournament Feb.5-7
Or the academic state championship, or even better, the football state championship.
-
7th grade middle school State tournament Feb.5-7
Ockerman wouldn't have been playing on Sunday anyway. Too many talented teams in the 7th. Holmes will not be playing on Sunday either.
-
8th grade middle school state tournament Feb. 19-21
Most of the teams attending had good years or they would not be going. It is always interesting to see who is the best. One more thing, a few of the past champions haven't panned out at all in high school. I think maturity plays a big part in who wins at the 8th grade level. It still should be exciting.
-
7th grade middle school State tournament Feb.5-7
I heard Ockerman didn't show. I think they were pretty upset in LEX.
-
7th grade middle school State tournament Feb.5-7
Give me Southern vs. Wayne in bracket 1 Mason Vs Clay in bracket 2 south Laurel vs LTMS in bracket 3 Knox Central or Hoptown vs.Johnson Co in the last bracket
-
Who is the best shooter out of KY freshman??
Omar Prewitt of Montgomery County, and it's not close! McNeil and Hatton can really shoot it as well, but they are 8th graders. Prewitt's shooting mechanics are flawless. All 5 times I have seen him play he shot it very well. Omar will go down as one of the best pure shooters ever in Kentucky.
-
Boy's Sweet 16 Draw
I don't think the 4th region is a good draw! You need to go back and check the state tournament records. The 2nd is considered a good draw!
-
8th grade middle school state tournament Feb. 19-21
Moss Middle and Johnson Central have to be two of the teams to beat. Walton will be good, as will Southern, Lincoln, Knox, Glasgow, LTMS, Crosby, and Clinton. Who else has had a great year.
-
7th grade middle school State tournament Feb.5-7
Stanley is much better than solid. He might be the best 7th grader in the state. I don't know what they have to go with him, but he is the real deal. None of the teams in the southern part of the state have anyone who could guard him. It would be a terrible early matchup for a top rated team.
-
6th Grade Basketball 2010
Great tourmament, Adair played really well. They led most of the 2nd half.