Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

born2reign

Former Member
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by born2reign

  1. I don't mind criticism, I am a coach afterall.
  2. Maybe it is just foolish pride, but I really believe, having seen both, that Kentucky can hang talent-wise from top to bottom. The small programs in Kentucky can go blow for blow with Tenn. Tenn is top heavy, but any given year Highlands, T and X can compete. Coaching and atmosphere are pretty even as well. What about some other lists? I am curious where some states shake out in other people's minds (namely California).
  3. What about 7 on 7? Is that big in KY...it is in some other states (Texas namely). That would be a good alternative for some small schools that can't scrimmage.
  4. Katrina has really hurt the atmosphere and talent level over the last couple of years, papi. It is unfortunate. JC and Evangel are always tough, but even they are down. JC got handled in Texas this year. West Monroe was supposed to be the next big thing (ESPN even did a TV show based on the team!) and they got handled in the first round of the state playoffs. It has lead to an upswing in Arkansas football (another underrated state) with kids moving north from Louisianna.
  5. Agree to disagree on Kentucky's strength...having had the great fortune to travel and see football in some of these other states, I think KY in underrated. I'll take Wheaton North and some of the Chicago schools against any programs in the country. Ill is another underrated state. S.Car and N. Car are two of the more overrated states-everytime Byrnes (SC) plays an out of state school, they get handled. That is the flagship program in the state. I was unimpressed with Independence as well when I saw them this year, another flagship. X, T and Highlands handle those schools, IMO. Kentucky doesn't have as many kids or schools, but the ones we have are pretty quality. Beechwood, NCC, Belfry and Danville can handle themselves against any small program in the country year in and year out.
  6. Saw this thread started on another website and thought it mught be cool to start here. IYO, what are the top 20 states in HS Football, taking into account: Talent Atmosphere Coaching Competitive Balance Reputation Here's my list; 1. Texas 2. Florida 3. Ohio 4. California 5. Pennsylvania 6. Georgia 7. Alabama 8. New Jersey 9. Illinois 10. Mississippi 11. Virginia 12. Kentucky 13. Indiana 14. Louisianna 15. Michigan 16. Tennessee 17. Arizona 18. Washington (State) 19. North Carolina 20. South Carolina Let's see others!
  7. I agree that Lex can go in cycles. Coach Sam does have the strangle hold right now, though. Would TC consider reaching out to Jeff Carlburg or is that a pipe-dream (former Lex Cath D-Coordinator and GREAT coach currently at Apollo)?
  8. ANy word on this job...it seems like a descent position, but it isn't getting the buzz on this sie I thought it would.
  9. Would Coverdale leave T for this job...I guess the master of the spread could turn around Butler, but can he beat X and T for a state title?
  10. I wonder how tempting this job is considering Henry Clay and Sam Simpson have had thier way with the other 6As in the city. Plus X and T are a huge road block. What kind of guy would TC look for, a young coach with a good pedigree or a vet with experience?
  11. From the outside looking in...I think cleaning house may be a good idea. Have they gotten any applications from coaches out of state, maybe someone who wouldn't be intimidated by Cov Cath and Highlands because they don't know any better?

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.