Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Hamilton Joe

Suspended
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Hamilton Joe

  1. :thumb:Very true. Even those that don't win seem to be very safe in some situations.
  2. Not sure how many coaches have expressed an interest in this job but if I'm a coach and I read this thread (And they do, they just can't help themselves) I would have very serious reservations about this job. It all sounds pretty political out at Walton and that's too bad.
  3. Dan Sullivan is a quality coach and even moreso a very quality individual. With that said I don't believe you should do both. He is the son of a lifelong well respected educator who also tried to do pretty much the same when he 1st became an administrator and he found it didn't work well for him. I have no doubt he would once again be a tremendous coach but if I'm the Superintendent I tell him he needs to pick. Coach or Administrator? Just my opinion and as I said I have nothing but respect for Mr Sullivan.
  4. Nice room in the Radisson with a good view of the Hyatt and Rupp. Good seats in the Lower Arena. I'm all set for 4 days of great basketball!
  5. Not sure what the criteria is to define a good, bad or mediocre coach but I sure know each when I see them. I could take you to 3 different games and show you which is which but I have to think everyone else can pretty much do the same.
  6. :thumb:Personally I think it's a good policy and one that most schools follow as you have indicated. Of course their are some schools that just sort of make it up as they go along but those schools tend to have poor leadership that result in this type of situation. If you want to go into administration make sure you got the Coaching out of your system. The 2 just don't mix well.
  7. More money and better retirement would probably be 2 reasons not to mention that there seems to be some talent in the Middle School ranks at WV.
  8. So is it now official that St Henry has been moved to the 34th District as had been anticipated? If so how long before they have a seeding verses blind draw vote?
  9. :thumb:Fair enough I stand corrected and accept the responses of those closer to the program then I.
  10. Large school football belongs to the Louisville schools but the rest of the respective classes belongs to Northern Kentucky by far.
  11. I was wondering about her just the other day. I would enjoy hearing any updates on her.
  12. Never felt he was a bad coach, just that his antics at times took away from what his girls were doing on the court. As I said I only see Walton a handful of times each year and when he was coach that was simply my observation of him. For all I know he's a great guy. Fair enough?
  13. :thumb: As an outsider watching Walton a handful times each year I always thought Luebbe was a bit too full of himself. Very cocky and I think he thought that people came to the games to watch him coach. People of Walton need to move on with regards to that guy. He's gone people, get over it.
  14. Not sure that there is any type of rule that prohibits an Asst. Principal from coaching but in most schools the Asst. Principals day isn't over when the bell rings at 3pm. There are meetings with teachers, parents, various other groups that could extend his/her day until 6pm or later. Once you choose to step into administration it is my opinion that you need to devote yourself fulltime to those duties and simply don't have the time to coach any further. This is something a coach needs to be sure of before he/she takes that next step up the ladder into administration IMO.
  15. Maybe that is a part of the problem out there. Coaches not having enough input as to how things need to get done.
  16. To often administrators and coaches put themselves ahead of the kids. Often times people get coaching jobs handed to them because they are all friends or they have some connection to people within the school. Unfortunately there are a great many coaches out there who have no business being in a position and everyone knows it from Day 1. Even some who are close to the program and don't feel they can speak up. The ones who suffer are the kids. Hopefully the Walton administration will do whats right for the kids and the program. It's time they listen from what it sounds like.
  17. I'm not certain on how that process comes about or how a school makes that decision but in some cases they need to tell the coach to turn in his keys right after the final buzzer goes off.:ylsuper:
  18. I have heard much the same as you have as well as possibly 2 or 3 other schools in the NKY area as the school year comes to a close. As I get more info I will be sure to pass along. :confused:
  19. Mr Grimm was a great guy and will be sorely missed. My sympathy to his family and friends.
  20. :thumb:I have gone back and I stand by my post.:ylsuper:
  21. Personally I'm very happy for your good fortune and no have personal connection to Ryle whatsoever. Most of the whining I see on this thread seems to be coming from the Ryle faithful themselves and I'm not sure why.:confused:
  22. :thumb:Fair enough. I agree with the school actually. I believe that once you decide to go into the administrative side of education that you need to step away from your coaching duties. I'm sure that the job description for a Principal or Asst. Principal doesn't include being a Head Coach or at least the ones I'm familar with certainly don't. Admistrative positions would not allow a coach to do the job in an effective manner IMO as it would be pulling he/she in too many different directions.
  23. I've heard some of the same with regards to who the next coach may be at Walton but would they really want to hire someone that may also have adminstrative duties as well. If it's the guy I'm thinking of he's an excellent coach and good guy but probably just a short term solution.
  24. Does anything ever happen out at Ryle without some sort of drama being attached to it? Never seem to be satisfied out there but I'm just a casual observer.
  25. :thumb:Thanks for the additional info. I believe it was a NKAC Awards program that includes those teams from the 8th and 10th region who used to be in the 9th region. Again congratulations to everyone.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.