Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

frmwaydwntwn1212

10 Post Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by frmwaydwntwn1212

  1. I'm hearing the Scott job will be filled this week...definitely not Reinhardt.
  2. I forgot Utter was with Hicks. I have no doubt he's qualified but thought an experienced head coach would take over. Wonder if we will see a return to the Jim Bob ways?
  3. Echoing this as well! I was told Reinhardt was the favorite from the beginning by someone on the committee. Something must have fell through. I don't know who coach Utter is but I doubt he has the same experience as Kevin. Good luck to the Braves though.
  4. So making you get a haircut makes someone a father figure? Let's face it the Bob Knight ways of coaching are long gone. There is more individuality these days and the great coaches know how to embrace that while still getting the most out of their players.
  5. I am going to disagree with you. My guess is that they thought they had someone but that person doesn't want the job or they thought it would have brought in some very good applicants which isn't the case either. No inside info just a guess.
  6. Are these local head coaches or assistant coaches?
  7. I can see Ellis Myles pursuing this...he did place like 3 kids there.
  8. Heard this position is pretty much a done deal. The choice will be no surprise...Kevin Reinhardt. Waiting on teaching position to announce. A little wrinkle here too. There will be a new AD AND PRINCIPAL! How would you like to be the coach who wasn't picked by your principal or AD?
  9. I know for a fact that the decision is split by the parents. Dad wanted them gone last year, mom did not. Mom won. I have found most of the time that mom wins.
  10. From what I heard, they will stay this year. Be cautious what you ask for parents. That will be my one warning about this move. Run off a proven coach with a lot of success and get someone who has been the head coach at WHITLEY COUNTY! The assistant is always the most popular person in the program.
  11. Let's not even conduct interviews. Seems like schools know who they want to hire before making a change.
  12. Ummmm why would he leave doss? They've shown they can win and have a good roster next year.
  13. Highly doubt it will be that many difference makers who transfer. Many are at Scott for more than just basketball. But, Scott better hire someone soon!
  14. I love the "the whole team is transferring because the coach is gone" posts. You watch the Scott team will be back and wait to see who they hire first. I remember the same posts when Biggs was hired at Mason. How did that end up?
  15. Telling you I think my list is pretty solid.
  16. Pros Winnable District Weak Region Only 1 High School in the County Next great population boom? Cons Simon Kenton is a bigger school with more resources Walton is getting better at all levels Only 1 Gym Not a great basketball history There has to be more but those were off the top of my head.
  17. Also, Bez had a tough sell. His first two classes in the transition to D1 would never compete for an NCAA bid. Who wants to go tons D1 school and not even have the opportunity to get to the big dance?
  18. Id like to see your list then. I was guessing some of these would apply and I'll stick behind that statement. Real easy to criticize when you're just going to wait and claim you knew all along.
  19. I don't think you have to look that hard for the list but these are my guesses: Head Coaches David McFarland - Ryle Kevin Listerman - Highlands Rod Snapp - Newport Brandon Grammer - Grant County Ryan Neises - Calvary Christian (sleeper) Assistant Coaches Steve Frohmeyer - Scott Mike Hester - Simon Kenton Ryan Bowman - Conner Kevin Reinhardt - Newport I'm sure the list of assistant coaches applying from the 10th is very long!
  20. I think this will be a position that gets a lot of good coaches attention. Winnable region next season and some talent at the lower levels. The right coach might be able to come in and win right away for a few years.
  21. Well the job is posted on KHSAA now.
  22. This job isn't even listed anywhere yet so I think the thread shouldn't read "open job"

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.