March 29, 201214 yr Author Any word on the KState search? Heard the Drew-MSTATE speculation was a bit premature....He still the favorite there?
March 29, 201214 yr Why are you in awe? Because he is Manning or does he have that "it" factor when he is in the room. I hear a lot of people react that way about Manning. A little of both really. Hard to explain...
March 29, 201214 yr Presser today. Good hire for Illinois. Is it? Taking the coach from the 3rd placed MAC team? With a 34-30 MAC record at Ohio?
March 29, 201214 yr Is it? Taking the coach from the 3rd placed MAC team? With a 34-30 MAC record at Ohio? Never use a record as an indicator of the coach. This guy was the lead recruiter at big schools fighting (and winning) for players like Greg Oden. He will get players. I predict he will get back into Chicago Public Schools (of course he'll need a shower after he does) and get some boys to Champaign.
March 29, 201214 yr I predict he will get back into Chicago Public Schools (of course he'll need a shower after he does) :lol:
March 29, 201214 yr Never use a record as an indicator of the coach. This guy was the lead recruiter at big schools fighting (and winning) for players like Greg Oden. He will get players. I predict he will get back into Chicago Public Schools (of course he'll need a shower after he does) and get some boys to Champaign. Maybe, but just getting players doesn't win games (despite what the Coach Cal critics want to say). I don't know a ton about him, but I'm always leary of the hot shot mid major coach getting a big job after one good tournament run.
March 29, 201214 yr Never use a record as an indicator of the coach. This guy was the lead recruiter at big schools fighting (and winning) for players like Greg Oden. He will get players. I predict he will get back into Chicago Public Schools (of course he'll need a shower after he does) and get some boys to Champaign. Whatever do you mean? Can you say Marcus Liberty?
March 29, 201214 yr ^They won a game in the tournament two years ago as well, did they not? Yeah, but still... I just keep seeing Darin Horn and Billy Gillispie.
March 29, 201214 yr Yeah, but still... I just keep seeing Darin Horn and Billy Gillispie. Rarely do schools get to hire a coach who is guaranteed to be the right choice. It's the way the biz works.
March 31, 201214 yr ^They won a game in the tournament two years ago as well, did they not? Yes. As a 14 seed they beat 3 seed Georgetown.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.