March 9, 201214 yr Mustang answered it for you when he called it his view rather than based on Scriptures. Two questions, either for you or Larry: If there is but one way to interpret the Bible, why are there so many different stripes of Christianity? If there is but one way to interpret the Bible, why do people church-shop when they don't like what the Good Rev. has to say? I'm specifically interested in Larry's comment on this, since I recall a while back he was keeping us updated on his progress as he shopped himself and his family around to various churches in Louisville. On a completely unrelated note, welcome back! I have missed you in the forums.
March 9, 201214 yr Sure it is yours. You interpret the bible and things differently than others. Therefore it's your view. To say otherwise makes you seem incredibly arrogant, and self-righteous. So i read the Bible and say this is what i interpret it and i am an arrogant Christian. If i admit that i am imperfect and not all knowing and try to follow what the Bible says and i am an arrogant Christian. It is returning to me why i walked away from having these exact same arguments with the same exact posters trying to pick the same exact fights.
March 9, 201214 yr Two questions, either for you or Larry: If there is but one way to interpret the Bible, why are there so many different stripes of Christianity? If there is but one way to interpret the Bible, why do people church-shop when they don't like what the Good Rev. has to say? I'm specifically interested in Larry's comment on this, since I recall a while back he was keeping us updated on his progress as he shopped himself and his family around to various churches in Louisville. On a completely unrelated note, welcome back! I have missed you in the forums. Thanks for the welcome back. Easy answer. Christians, as all are, are imperfect people that allow their personal wants/desires to direct their decisions.
March 9, 201214 yr So i read the Bible and say this is what i interpret it and i am an arrogant Christian. If i admit that i am imperfect and not all knowing and try to follow what the Bible says and i am an arrogant Christian. It is returning to me why i walked away from having these exact same arguments with the same exact posters trying to pick the same exact fights. No, I'm saying it's arrogant to say that your intepretation isn't your view, but is the right view. You say you get your interpretation from scripture, but what about the hundreds of other Christian sects that read the same scripture and have completely different interpretations? If the scripture is "the way", than how can so many different people read the exact same thing and interpret it differently? As to the last part of your post, I agree. It's like banging my head against a very thick wall. :lol:
March 9, 201214 yr No, I'm saying it's arrogant to say that your intepretation isn't your view, but is the right view. You say you get your interpretation from scripture, but what about the hundreds of other Christian sects that read the same scripture and have completely different interpretations? If the scripture is "the way", than how can so many different people read the exact same thing and interpret it differently? As to the last part of your post, I agree. It's like banging my head against a very thick wall. :lol: So classrooms across the nation are being taught by history teachers teaching their own personal views on Julius Caesar and not something that can be taught as not their personal view.
March 9, 201214 yr So classrooms across the nation are being taught by history teachers teaching their own personal views on Julius Caesar and not something that can be taught as not their personal view. I have no clue what you're saying here. No idea what history or Julius Caesar has to do with anything...:confused:
March 9, 201214 yr I have no clue what you're saying here. No idea what history or Julius Caesar has to do with anything...:confused: There are less than 20 copies of ORIGINAL MANUSCRIPTS of AUTOBOIGRAPHY of Julius Caesar that we pull info and teach for fact about Julius Caesar. I would guess you don't feel history teachers have to interpret and teach 'their view' on Julius Caesar. There are over 30,000 copies of ORIGINAL Manuscripts of the Bible in 13-15 different languages. We have thousands upon thousands of more written proof on Jesus than Julius. And yet you tell me it has to be MY view of Jesus or i am arrogant. So is Et tu Brute seen as fact or has to be my view too.
March 9, 201214 yr There are less than 20 copies of ORIGINAL MANUSCRIPTS of AUTOBOIGRAPHY of Julius Caesar that we pull info and teach for fact about Julius Caesar. I would guess you don't feel history teachers have to interpret and teach 'their view' on Julius Caesar. There are over 30,000 copies of ORIGINAL Manuscripts of the Bible in 13-15 different languages. We have thousands upon thousands of more written proof on Jesus than Julius. And yet you tell me it has to be MY view of Jesus or i am arrogant. So is Et tu Brute seen as fact or has to be my view too. Any teacher that is teaching any historical subject is teaching their view of the topic. I would say that's pretty obvious.
March 9, 201214 yr Any teacher that is teaching any historical subject is teaching their view of the topic. I would say that's pretty obvious. Kudos for consistency!
March 10, 201214 yr I believe God is a loving and compassionate God who loves us all. I don't believe he will judge a person who is kind, compassionate, loving to his fellow man, and Christ-like in his everyday actions and send them to hell because they are a homosexual. I don't believe in people judging (as many Christians do, yourself included) based on a person's sexual orientation, that persons eternal salvation. You'll probably respond with scripture quotes telling me I'm wrong, but you'll simply be wasting your time, as I'll never change my view one iota. Nope, I respect your comments and I'd never would tell you your wrong, but you did mention scripture which might. It also tells me when I am wrong which is every day. Your right God is a loving God. About me judging. I don't think/mean to, but try to point out the scripture in my comments. I'm trying not to use anything. I'd like to see where I have judged someone on my think so's. Nice post.
March 10, 201214 yr That's the problem with Larry. He would have us believe that there is only one interpretation of those verses, yet is unable to explain why Christianity is splintered into dozens upon dozens of different sects, each one seizing upon a specific part of the Bible as their mission statement/mantra/rallying point. The Bible speaks of false teachers, also uses the analogy of Wolves in Sheep clothings. I didn't explain, but scripture just did. I could go into a great detail as I have studied different false teaching for years and have 100s of articles that I have researched. I'm retired just say the word. So, the problem with Larry turns out there is no problem at all. I also have debated these issues for over 10 years and have over 40 tapes of these debates. I can make you a copy. PM your address. "unable to explain" 10 years of explaining.
March 10, 201214 yr Two questions, either for you or Larry: If there is but one way to interpret the Bible, why are there so many different stripes of Christianity? If there is but one way to interpret the Bible, why do people church-shop when they don't like what the Good Rev. has to say? I'm specifically interested in Larry's comment on this, since I recall a while back he was keeping us updated on his progress as he shopped himself and his family around to various churches in Louisville. On a completely unrelated note, welcome back! I have missed you in the forums. It was two years ago february I left a Church with a false teacher. Over a 100 folks also left and have joined other churches. We have yet to find a home church, you see its God's timing not mine. "Shopped himself" Cute Mr. Newton. And ROLL TIDE!!!
March 10, 201214 yr So i read the Bible and say this is what i interpret it and i am an arrogant Christian. If i admit that i am imperfect and not all knowing and try to follow what the Bible says and i am an arrogant Christian. It is returning to me why i walked away from having these exact same arguments with the same exact posters trying to pick the same exact fights. As Paul has said, I did a great fight, I didn't give up. Glad you are back too, Oh, Bama kicked the tar out of LSU in case you missed it. They cross Mid field two times, Once during the game and once to the bus.
March 10, 201214 yr There are less than 20 copies of ORIGINAL MANUSCRIPTS of AUTOBOIGRAPHY of Julius Caesar that we pull info and teach for fact about Julius Caesar. I would guess you don't feel history teachers have to interpret and teach 'their view' on Julius Caesar. There are over 30,000 copies of ORIGINAL Manuscripts of the Bible in 13-15 different languages. We have thousands upon thousands of more written proof on Jesus than Julius. And yet you tell me it has to be MY view of Jesus or i am arrogant. So is Et tu Brute seen as fact or has to be my view too. There are no copies of ORIGINAL Manuscripts. There are only copies of the copies. The term Original Manuscript refers to the actual documents written by the original author, none of which exist. There are fragments that date back to the 2nd century AD of the New Testament but the oldest complete copies date somewhere around the middle of the 4th century. Just pointing out your use of the wording.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.