Conner QB Receives Invitation to Elite 11

Clyde

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Drew had the chance to spend some time with Charlie Strong and his staff on Friday. He came away thoroughly impressed. He had been down there last summer and met the QB coach and spent some time with him. I think this was the first chance to meet Coach Strong.

He will get the same opportunity with Urban Meyer and his staff on Wednesday. He will then return on Saturday for the spring game and then go back once more in the summer for the OSU camp.

Drew had the chance to spend some time with Charlie Strong and his staff on Friday. He came away thoroughly impressed. He had been down there last summer and met the QB coach and spent some time with him. I think this was the first chance to meet Coach Strong.

He will get the same opportunity with Urban Meyer and his staff on Wednesday. He will then return on Saturday for the spring game and then go back once more in the summer for the OSU camp.

Sounds like Drew is really blowing up. I have cut and pasted a small excerpt from the recap of his visit to OSU, from the OSU Scout website. Not sure how many other QBs Urban has told he is the man (full disclaimer, 5 years ago I thought Urban was a lying, cheating scumbag. Now, not so much :sssh:), but sounds like Drew is at least in the loop. Article also mentioned Mom Barker is an OSU grad, which I had no idea. This one may be looking good for my Bucks.

"He told me I'm their guy, and he wants to see me in camp," he continued. "Coach Meyer told me I remind him of Alex Smith, which blew me away. I loved seeing practice, and how they went about their business. I spent a lot of time watching Braxton Miller and the quarterbacks, and it was great. There offense is very similar to what I run in high school, with the read option stuff. Coach Meyer said we will be developing our relationship over the next year, which is great."

Sounds like Drew is really blowing up. I have cut and pasted a small excerpt from the recap of his visit to OSU, from the OSU Scout website. Not sure how many other QBs Urban has told he is the man (full disclaimer, 5 years ago I thought Urban was a lying, cheating scumbag. Now, not so much :sssh:), but sounds like Drew is at least in the loop. Article also mentioned Mom Barker is an OSU grad, which I had no idea. This one may be looking good for my Bucks.

"He told me I'm their guy, and he wants to see me in camp," he continued. "Coach Meyer told me I remind him of Alex Smith, which blew me away. I loved seeing practice, and how they went about their business. I spent a lot of time watching Braxton Miller and the quarterbacks, and it was great. There offense is very similar to what I run in high school, with the read option stuff. Coach Meyer said we will be developing our relationship over the next year, which is great."

Drew's dad said it was "surreal" sitting in Coach Meyer's office. I think they even had a "7" jersey in the office for Drew to see.

He got to get on the field at Ohio Stadium. I told him ol' Fred Nevels Stadium is going to seem pretty small now.

Heady times for a kid who doesn't have his drivers license yet.

I get asked often "can he really play D1?"

I have no clue. However, I've known since he was an 8th grader that he would have a chance to get looks from D1 schools. I just see what I assume coaches see - big kid, strong arm, good athletic ability, nice pocket presence.

We as fans look at today. Coaches look down the road and project. He's 16. They're probably not counting on him seeing any chance of field time 19 or 20.

UL has offered Drew. First offer.

"I went down to my coach's office, my head coach and he told me to call Coach Watson, and he said 'we're wrapping up the 2013 class, we've almost got everybody we want and we'd like to get a head start on 2014 and want you to be the first guy we offer. I heard that, I was like wow. I previously went down there and visited a couple weeks ago and Coach Strong and Coach Watson had seen me throw before, but they said come down to camp to get your offer. It was pretty awesome they did it before."

For a multitude of reasons, Barker says the Cards will be tough to beat.

"They're definitely very high. Coach Strong is turning it around down there. They're bringing in top recruits, playing for championships, the staff is committed to the program and they're going to be a national competitor and I'd love to be a part of that. They're definitely on the rise, and I'm going to look into Louisville. I've very interested in them."

Scout.com: Barker's First Offer Has Him on Cloud Nine

"I went down to my coach's office, my head coach and he told me to call Coach Watson, and he said 'we're wrapping up the 2013 class, we've almost got everybody we want and we'd like to get a head start on 2014 and want you to be the first guy we offer. I heard that, I was like wow. I previously went down there and visited a couple weeks ago and Coach Strong and Coach Watson had seen me throw before, but they said come down to camp to get your offer. It was pretty awesome they did it before."

For a multitude of reasons, Barker says the Cards will be tough to beat.

"They're definitely very high. Coach Strong is turning it around down there. They're bringing in top recruits, playing for championships, the staff is committed to the program and they're going to be a national competitor and I'd love to be a part of that. They're definitely on the rise, and I'm going to look into Louisville. I've very interested in them."

Scout.com: Barker's First Offer Has Him on Cloud Nine