2012 KHSAA Boy's Basketball Post Season Upsets

Fatdad

35th District

Covington Catholic (17-12) - 81

Covington Holy Cross (28-3) - 74

Triple Overtime. Holy Cross won the first matchup 74-68 in OT. Not a surprising result, but by ratings and record the underdog won.

37th District

Campbell Co. (17-12) - 46

Bishop Brossart (20-8) - 40

Campbell Co. won the regular season matchup 58-54 @ Bishop Brossart. Again, not so much an upset, but the favorite didn't win.

42nd District

Bryan Station (12-19) - 60

Henry Clay (22-9) - 54

Henry Clay won both regular season matchups, winning by 10 on their home court early in the season and by 6 @ Bryan Station in mid-January. Major upset for the team that beat Madison Central and Scott County in back-to-back games just three weeks ago to go down. That was the only regional losses either of those teams suffered, and it is the only thing standing between Central and an undefeated record. Definitely the biggest upset to date.

51st District

Pineville (11-17) - 66

Barbourville (23-5) - 55

Barbourville won the first meeting by 15 @ Pineville and was considered a contender for the regional championship. Another big upset, IMO, but not quite as eye opening as Henry Clay going down. Also, not sure about the score. KHSAA has 66-55, but someone posted in the game thread that is should be 66-65.

There's what I see.

37th District

Campbell Co. won the regular season matchup 58-54 @ Bishop Brossart. Again, not so much an upset, but the favorite didn't win.

I know I'm splitting hairs here, but both the regular season and district matchups were played at Campbell County Middle School. KHSAA shows it as a Brossart home game, but I assure you the game was played at CCMS.

I know I'm splitting hairs here, but both the regular season and district matchups were played at Campbell County Middle School. KHSAA shows it as a Brossart home game, but I assure you the game was played at CCMS.

No, thanks for the information. Obviously I'm just going by the KHSAA site, so all updates and corrections are more than welcome (from me at least).

I would think that would certainly make a difference and is worth noting.

I would think Bryan Stations upset was the biggest, Henry Clay has two D 1 prospects, yes they are young but certainly talented. I thought Somerset would beat Casey but if I am not mistaken I think Somerset had lost around 9 or so in a row, sometimes that snowball just keeps rolling down hill and getting bigger when you get on a loosing streak at the end of the year and the same with a winning streak, like East Jessamine has right now.

37th District

I wasn't aware that Brossart was the favorite in this one. I don't really know how anyone could pick a favorite in this game. I think Brossart gets the pick much of the time because of their coach, Mike Code. He is a great coach, hands down one of the best. I believe he gets everything out of his teams. Still can't see where the Stangs were favored in this one.

All regular season games are played at the middle school. It is not Campbell County's home court. They alternate who hosts and who keeps the gate. I think the district is held there every year since it is the largest venue?

All regular season games are played at the middle school. It is not Campbell County's home court. They alternate who hosts and who keeps the gate. I think the district is held there every year since it is the largest venue?

Whose regular season games are played at the middle school? Just the ones between Brossart and Campbell County?

Buckhorn over Perry County Central is the biggest upset to date. Buckhorn is a good team don't get me wrong. But, I'm guessing, the majority of people had PCC heading to Rupp out of the 14th region.

I picked PPC to come out of the 14th in the contest....as many others did.

I don't necessarily think that the Buckhorn and PCC was an upset, it seems that most would though so i will call it an upset. The expectations were high for PCC due to Paige's transfer, i questioned there out of region schedule, hard to measure where they really ranked. The power rankings are not the most accurate tool to use to predict the favorits. I do think that the Bryan Station victory over Henry Clay was a big upset.

Over in the 16th region tonight, East Carter upset West Carter, and Greenup upset Russell.