Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Best NCAA Officials

Featured Replies

I have a couple of buddies that work SEC/Big 12/Big East. They say the morning after a game at say Kansas, there is a deposit in their bank account for $2880. And your right, this is for actually doing the game and for all expenses.

 

Probably. They get a check for airfare regardless of how much their airfare is and even if they drive. They also get hotel money and food expenses.

  • Replies 38
  • Views 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just don't agree with officials making comments that are negative about other officials......you probably didn't officiate in college or even high school varsity...

 

If someone is bad at their job they deserve it.

If someone is bad at their job they deserve it.

 

Officials have problems with people who are not officials and do not know the intricacies and the REAL rules telling them how they did.

 

It comes with the gig but that doesn't mean they have to like it.

 

These officials in D1 are very good. Like MLB umps they will and do make mistakes.

 

Valentine is a good official. He just is a little too much into getting attention for some. His calls are good. That's true of 99% of the D1 officials.

Officials have problems with people who are not officials and do not know the intricacies and the REAL rules telling them how they did.

 

It comes with the gig but that doesn't mean they have to like it.

 

These officials in D1 are very good. Like MLB umps they will and do make mistakes.

 

Valentine is a good official. He just is a little too much into getting attention for some. His calls are good. That's true of 99% of the D1 officials.

I agree, I very rarely criticize the officials because I know their job is extremely difficult but there is a few guys that standout constantly.

If someone is bad at their job they deserve it.
So would you let 20 million people watch your job performance daily and make a judgement either good or bad job rating???
I agree, I very rarely criticize the officials because I know their job is extremely difficult but there is a few guys that standout constantly.

 

 

How do they stand out? I bet Teddy stands out more for his conversations and theatrics than he does for calls.

How do they stand out? I bet Teddy stands out more for his conversations and theatrics than he does for calls.

Typically when they stand out it's for bad reasons. How else would they stand out? It's a thankless job that's for sure. I'm not talking about that specific incident. I am talking about in general.

So would you let 20 million people watch your job performance daily and make a judgement either good or bad job rating???

 

If they wanted I guess. It would be pretty boring.

 

So they get a free pass if they do a bad job?

  • Author
If they wanted I guess. It would be pretty boring.

 

So they get a free pass if they do a bad job?

 

I do know of one official who was "fired" by a conference. However, he still works some big conferences.

Just don't agree with officials making comments that are negative about other officials......you probably didn't officiate in college or even high school varsity...

I know of a situation not long ago that an official & parent of a player playing on a out of region team made a spectacle of himself saying how he knew the rules, etc. because he was a ref in so and so region. The refs working the game informed their assignor who contacted both the ref/fan's assignor and KHSAA. He had to issue a letter of apology and he was told if it happened again he would be suspended.

Good deal.....that's the way it should be IMO

If they wanted I guess. It would be pretty boring.

 

So they get a free pass if they do a bad job?

No free passes with D1 officials.......all games filmed and reviewed by assigner.....when performance is below par, either the official recieves a reprimand or just don't get as many games as usual....they must have no bad night's on the floor or suffer in the pocket!!
Typically when they stand out it's for bad reasons. How else would they stand out? It's a thankless job that's for sure. I'm not talking about that specific incident. I am talking about in general.

 

I think they often "stand out" because people disagree with calls.

No free passes with D1 officials.......all games filmed and reviewed by assigner.....when performance is below par, either the official recieves a reprimand or just don't get as many games as usual....they must have no bad night's on the floor or suffer in the pocket!!

 

MR Bell from the Atlantic Sun said that if he finds an official on any social media they will no longer work for him.

Just don't agree with officials making comments that are negative about other officials......you probably didn't officiate in college or even high school varsity...

 

And you have no idea what you're talking about. Thanks for calling me a liar though.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.