Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Harrison County 54 Montgomery County 53

Featured Replies

Senior night will do that to some teams. We did not have senior night our last home game against Henry Clay, instead had it week before on Saturday against South Laurel. Usually different starting lineups and ratations can really mess with the flow of the game.

 

Congrats to Harrison Co, agree they could be a tough out if they make it to region.

  • Replies 32
  • Views 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Handfuls was on the game on the final play.

Handshoe was in the game on the final play of the game.

Well, you have to give the credit where the credit is due. A hand in the face is a hand in the face. I wasn't at the game but seriously, someone was there to play the defense. Harrison had to of taken something away from Montgomery.

 

In this situation I got to think that it was Montgomery with an off shooting night, they did come out and put up 26 and 14 in the next 2 quarters.

  • Author

As I said before, Harrison County could have stayed in the locker room until halftime and we would not have shot any better. Our 2 top scorers were a combined 2-13 at halftime. AND THESE WERE MOSTLY WIDE OPEN SHOTS! Layups missed, 3' turnarounds missed, wide open 3s missed. It looked like KY/Georgetown. But they came out in the second half and got back into the game.

  • Author
I agree. Coach Wise is definitely in over his head with this job. I saw this team play this summer at the KBA and I watched them just recently and they were much better this summer with Keith Griesser.

 

So there is no learning curve. All coaches coach the same way! Remember, Coach Wise was not hired until late. He had a lot of catching up to do. And where he had to learn the players, the players had to learn him!

If I've said it once, I've said it a thousand times; anytime Mike Reitz is coaching, his team has a chance.

Slow start for Montgomery did them in. They scored 13 points in the 1st half! Pathetic! I hope they right the ship soon!

If I've said it once, I've said it a thousand times; anytime Mike Reitz is coaching, his team has a chance.

Slow start for Montgomery did them in. They scored 13 points in the 1st half! Pathetic! I hope they right the ship soon!

 

Most all teams will have a game or two like this during the regular season. Better to get it out of the way and not happen in post season. Think the Indians will be fine.

  • Author

Last night just proves " on any night, any team,can beat anyone"!

 

Congrats to Harrison for being that team last night.

Funny on the final 4-5 seconds. It started with Harrison having 2 timeouts and Montgomery having 3. By the time the ball finally got put into play, Montgomery had 1 left.

So there is no learning curve. All coaches coach the same way! Remember, Coach Wise was not hired until late. He had a lot of catching up to do. And where he had to learn the players, the players had to learn him!

 

I disagree. It is the last week of the season and he has the best talent in the region. Plus he is playing at home. Montgomery has taken a step backwards over the last couple of weeks. Just my opinion.

Montgomery co. Did shoot bad, but it was because of Harrison's defense. Those kids are streaking right now. I'd love for someone to give Harrison some credit.

If I've said it once, I've said it a thousand times; anytime Mike Reitz is coaching, his team has a chance.

Slow start for Montgomery did them in. They scored 13 points in the 1st half! Pathetic! I hope they right the ship soon!

Very True statement about Coach Reitz!!

Given time to prepare Reitz is the best there is IMO and again, I picked'em to win the region in December. Don't let me down coach.

Montgomery co. Did shoot bad, but it was because of Harrison's defense. Those kids are streaking right now. I'd love for someone to give Harrison some credit.

 

More of those shots were wide open and uncontested and not so much due to Harrison's defense. If Harrisons defense was so good I dont think they would have given up40 points in the second half.

What hurt the Indians was senior night, starting a bunch of kids that were not used to the pressure of the situation, took them too long to get back into rhythm. Would love to see these two match up again in regionals, providing they both get there.

Say what you want. The stats don't lie. Harrison's defense has been the key to them winning their last 5 straight.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.