February 17, 201214 yr Almost zero chance Weber returns next season. Seems like a nice job. Former UC AD Mike Thomas is now the AD. Could he dial the 513?
February 17, 201214 yr Almost zero chance Weber returns next season. Seems like a nice job. Former UC AD Mike Thomas is now the AD. Could he dial the 513? For who Chris Mack? :lol:
February 17, 201214 yr This was Weber's quote after their last game: "The sad thing about the whole thing I guess is it's my fault," Weber said Wednesday. "Instead of creating toughness and developing a team, I coached not to lose all year. It's sad to be honest, but it is what is." What a weenie.
February 17, 201214 yr Almost zero chance Weber returns next season. Seems like a nice job. Former UC AD Mike Thomas is now the AD. Could he dial the 513? He would get the same response he got when he was calling Butch Jones 25 times a day. No chance...
February 17, 201214 yr I would assume they'd look at Creighton's Greg McDermott, Wichita State's Gregg Marshall, or for a bigger name, Southern Miss's Larry Eustachy. :idunno: I'm also gonna guess the first call Thomas makes is to Butler's Brad Stevens, who will promptly tell him he's not interested.
February 17, 201214 yr I would assume they'd look at Creighton's Greg McDermott, Wichita State's Gregg Marshall, or for a bigger name, Southern Miss's Larry Eustachy. :idunno: I'm also gonna guess the first call Thomas makes is to Butler's Brad Stevens, who will promptly tell him he's not interested. It is Mike Thomas so the first place to look is the MAC. Usually where he ends up landing coaches...
February 17, 201214 yr It is Mike Thomas so the first place to look is the MAC. Usually where he ends up landing coaches... I can't think of anyone in the MAC who wouldn't be in over their heads in the Big Ten. Wouldn't those guys at least make sense to try and contact?
February 17, 201214 yr Shaka Smart or Brad Stevens? I'm thinking Shaka is going to be getting a phone call from either Virginia Tech or South Carolina at season's end...
February 18, 201214 yr Author http://espn.go.com/chicago/ncb/story/_/id/7586669/illinois-coach-bruce-weber-says-resign The $3.9M has to give Mike Thomas and Illinois pause.
February 18, 201214 yr Author He would get the same response he got when he was calling Butch Jones 25 times a day. No chance... Why do you think he wouldn't be at least interested? He seemed pretty interested in NC State last year.
February 18, 201214 yr Why do you think he wouldn't be at least interested? He seemed pretty interested in NC State last year. He and Mike Thomas are not close...
March 9, 201214 yr They'll make a big run at Shaka Smart, then turn to McDermott and/or Marshall if he says no IMO.
March 9, 201214 yr They'll make a big run at Shaka Smart, then turn to McDermott and/or Marshall if he says no IMO. Dambrot...
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.