Who Will Be the Next Illini Coach?

Clyde

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Only way I see Groce not landing at Illinois is if someone warns him about working for Mike Thomas...

I have no idea about Mike Thomas so I can't speak to him. However, you raise a good point. The job could be great but if you don't see your boss as a good partner you will likely pass.

I have no idea about Mike Thomas so I can't speak to him. However, you raise a good point. The job could be great but if you don't see your boss as a good partner you will likely pass.

I was told working for him was an issue for Shaka. Mick wouldn't answer the phone if he called. Both worked for him in the past. I see a pattern...

I was told working for him was an issue for Shaka. Mick wouldn't answer the phone if he called. Both worked for him in the past. I see a pattern...

I'm surprised about Mick . Seems like Thomas went to bat for him when the wolves were at the door.

I'm surprised about Mick . Seems like Thomas went to bat for him when the wolves were at the door.

Your perception isn't reality there. Thomas did very little for the basketball program while at UC. Heck Butch Jones also had zero interest in working for him again and MT was calling him 10 plus times a day...