Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Boys JV Championship Game

Featured Replies

Wow I froze it to where the Boone player has finger tips on the ball and does not touch the CC player hand. If a call had to be made possibly a jumpball but definitely not a foul. That's what I thought I saw. Thanks

  • Replies 47
  • Views 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The travel at 4.4 seconds.

 

Wow I froze it to where the Boone player has finger tips on the ball and does not touch the CC player hand. If a call had to be made possibly a jumpball but definitely not a foul. That's what I thought I saw. Thanks

 

I am guessing most will see what they want to see but the ref made a real time call. Mighty tough one at that.

Game winning free throw.

 

Wow I froze it to where the Boone player has finger tips on the ball and does not touch the CC player hand. If a call had to be made possibly a jumpball but definitely not a foul. That's what I thought I saw. Thanks

 

How / why would that have been a jump ball? It was definitely not a jump ball.

 

Probably not a foul either, but there's no denying the fact that #33 reached.

The travel at 4.4 seconds.

 

 

Definitely a traveling violation. Good call there.

How / why would that have been a jump ball? It was definitely not a jump ball.

 

Probably not a foul either, but there's no denying the fact that #33 reached.

 

Agreed! No foul, no jumpball. OT. That's what should of happened. Travesty.

How / why would that have been a jump ball? It was definitely not a jump ball.

 

Probably not a foul either, but there's no denying the fact that #33 reached.

 

 

That's a hard call to make in real time.

That's a hard call to make in real time.

 

It doesn't look like a foul to me, but I can certainly see why the official blew his whistle.

 

Unfortunate that it came down to this, but it's not as bad as some of the posts made it sound.

On the travel, it looks like a travel and a call 9th region officials LOOOOOVE to make. If there is any possibility of calling a travel, the 9th region officials will blow that whistle in a flash. That play is very typical of what you can see every night in a 9th region basketball game so I wouldn't call out wanting top tier officials - they would have blown the whistle on that faster than these guys did. Yeah, I know ... if it is a travel it is a travel. And yes that is true. But when it is a play where a kid may have lifted his pivot foot as he turned to throw a pass to someone 25 feet from the basket ... I see that as awful nit picky and one of those plays where I would say play on.

 

On the foul, that is going to be called a foul every time. Slow it down all you want and try to see if one of the defender's fingers touched the guy but it doesn't matter. When you reach in on someone taking a shot like that with a raking slash, it is going to be a foul call every time.

 

Very tough way to lose a game with those two plays back to back.

One question, on the foul it is clear that the official blew the whistle before the buzzer went off. Why didn't they put time on the clock?

On the travel, it looks like a travel and a call 9th region officials LOOOOOVE to make. If there is any possibility of calling a travel, the 9th region officials will blow that whistle in a flash. That play is very typical of what you can see every night in a 9th region basketball game so I wouldn't call out wanting top tier officials - they would have blown the whistle on that faster than these guys did. Yeah, I know ... if it is a travel it is a travel. And yes that is true. But when it is a play where a kid may have lifted his pivot foot as he turned to throw a pass to someone 25 feet from the basket ... I see that as awful nit picky and one of those plays where I would say play on.

 

On the foul, that is going to be called a foul every time. Slow it down all you want and try to see if one of the defender's fingers touched the guy but it doesn't matter. When you reach in on someone taking a shot like that with a raking slash, it is going to be a foul call every time.

 

Very tough way to lose a game with those two plays back to back.

 

:thumb:

 

I think most officials would have made the same calls.

Did the Boone defender affect the CCH player's rhythm, speed, balance or quickness?

Did the Boone defender affect the CCH player's rhythm, speed, balance or quickness?

 

IMO, yes. Definitely affected the CCH player's rhythm on the shot and his balance. The official has to call that. You just can't reach in like that and expect an official to call nothing.

IMO, yes. Definitely affected the CCH player's rhythm on the shot and his balance. The official has to call that. You just can't reach in like that and expect an official to call nothing.

 

Fair enough. Tough one.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.