Tough Mudder

Lucky Charms

OK, I know a couple of you were considering this. Just wanted to see who has signed up. Maybe we can keep each other motivated for training through this thread.

I know we are going to get a preview of what it is like through mexitucky. He is signed up for the Michigan/Ohio Mudder in March. Let us know how insane it is. I hope your training is going well. March will be here before you know it. Godspeed.

http://toughmudder.com/

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is in April, but I appreciate the sentiment. We are going w 4 other couples now, so it will be all about team work. I can run 4 miles now, so I have improved but still need to work on it. I broke up my run yesterday by doing dips, pull ups and burpees bn miles. It was not fun.

This week ends my "strength phase." After this I go to this.

Weight/Circuit on Tues

Run/Jog Intervals for 6.5 miles on Wed

Off on Thurs

Weight/Circuit on Thurs

Trail Run 5 miles, then 6, then 7 as the weeks progress on Saturday

Plyo training on Sunday

I'll do this for the next four weeks. The last four weeks seem like they are going to be MISERABLE.

I just found out about the Tough Mudder event in Maysville the other day and am most likely going to sign up to do it. I haven't worked out in a LONG time and my body isn't in the best state (bad knees, back, etc..) but I think it will personally be a blast. A group of buddies who are currently deployed overseas are interested in taking part so I think we'll get a team together and make a run at it.

Five mile run last night was awful. My main priority right now is to lose about 10 lbs before the event. My diet is straight, so hopefully adding circuits at the end of lifting and running more will do the trick. Next week starts phase 2.

Tues: 5/3/1 Squat & Bench followed by 16 min. Circuit

Wed: 6.5 Jog/Sprint (yeah right, it'll be be 3 miles spint/jog and a 2 mile ride to St. Elizabeth Hospital)

Fri: 5/3/1 Dealift & Press followed by 15 min. Circuit

Sat: 5 mile trail run through the woods at the Fort in Ft. Thomas

Sun: Insanity Plyo

I was looking into it. The one in Mayesville is on my sons birthday so that's out. Some buddy's from college invited me to be on their team in what called a Mud Ninja in OH. It's around July 28th. Same concept but a little over 3 miles instead of a little over 10. Probably a good thing for me because my blood pressure has been bad lately. Heat is the only thing that worries me on that date and time is 1:30!

I ran for an hour straight yesterday. Let me say, if you are planning on doing the race, trail runs are tougher than you think. Make sure that you train them, especially when it is muddy out. I ran the mountain bike trails at the Fort in Fort Thomas. Some serious hills, w/ very little traction. It was not very easy, but I'm easing myself into them. I will say that they are about a million times more enjoyable to run than running on a street.

I ran for an hour straight yesterday. Let me say, if you are planning on doing the race, trail runs are tougher than you think. Make sure that you train them, especially when it is muddy out. I ran the mountain bike trails at the Fort in Fort Thomas. Some serious hills, w/ very little traction. It was not very easy, but I'm easing myself into them. I will say that they are about a million times more enjoyable to run than running on a street.

Where are these trails in respect to the reception hall / softball field. I didn't know they had mountain bike trails back there. I'm going to have to give it a try.

I've been running 6-8 miles once a week. Going to do the 6-8 twice a week when this event gets a little closer. I can do 7 miles in about an hour, I want to be able to do 8 in an hour. Other than that I'm doing the Insanity workouts with some weight training on occasion. Right now, I'm trying to focus on doing chin-ups and pull-ups. I want to be able to do at least 20 in a row. I used to be able to do 37 in a row about 6 years ago when I worked for the Forest Service. Right now I'm at 12 reps and I do 10 reps in between intervals of Insanity Power and Resistance and also Plyo.