Simon Kenton 53 Newport Central Catholic 45

The reason I like watching high school basketball. Within about two weeks, WV beats SK by 23, WV beats New Cath at All A, New Cath beats WV by 29 and Neers beat New Cath in a physical game; both teams got after it tonight.

DSeries would be more in the know than I but I do know she came from Ryle over the holidays. She's a junior and appears to be around 5'9 - 5'10". For all I know she may not even see the floor but she appeared talented so I assume she plays a bit.

Paige Bosse, a junior, is listed at 6 ft. She transferred to SK over Christmas from Ryle - but she hadn't seen any varsity minutes at Ryle due to an injury last year and whatever reason this year.

Nice, athletic family that have, and are still playing sports at Ryle. She has played 7 or 8 games for the Pioneers, and she has quickly become the leading rebounder and 3rd best scorer for her new team!

Best wishes to her and congratulations Simon Kenton!

I say this Simon team will be a tough out in the region 8 tournament. Coming together at the end of the year, have two big wins in the last week (Conner, NCC) and if their guards continue to play as they have over the last few weeks they are REAL good. Coach is definitely an x factor. Paige sure does help inside. Did she move into the district?

Paige Bosse, a junior, is listed at 6 ft. She transferred to SK over Christmas from Ryle - but she hadn't seen any varsity minutes at Ryle due to an injury last year and whatever reason this year.

Nice, athletic family that have, and are still playing sports at Ryle. She has played 7 or 8 games for the Pioneers, and she has quickly become the leading rebounder and 3rd best scorer for her new team!

Best wishes to her and congratulations Simon Kenton!

"... transferred ... over Christmas ..."??? Interesting, very much so.

To observers on the outside, there certainly seem to be frequent transfers/acquisitions of key players to schools in the 32nd district, doesn't it? Do the other 8th region teams have to not only contend with themselves, but also an influx from the 9th, too? At any rate, this should amp up the meeting with W-V in the district tourney.

I can tell you this, when Ryle played SK they had extra motivation to contain this young lady. She played a lot of minutes but very little offensive output.

There must be more to this story?

Ryle vs SK 054.jpg

On a sidenote, there is none better than D series for pictures and game analysis. It is a rare combination he has to shoot and report! Keep up the good work D series.