Simon Kenton 53 Newport Central Catholic 45

I can tell you this, when Ryle played SK they had extra motivation to contain this young lady. She played a lot of minutes but very little offensive output.

There must be more to this story?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]35663[/ATTACH]

On a sidenote, there is none better than D series for pictures and game analysis. It is a rare combination he has to shoot and report! Keep up the good work D series.

Thanks paNDA, I appreciate the comment but you are the King of Northern KY Sports. It is really neat to think about the number of kids you have shared your shots with over the years and I know your awesome shots will be appreciated for years to come.

I’m looking forward to shooting alongside you in our favorite time of the year coming up!

Thanks paNDA, I appreciate the comment but you are the King of Northern KY Sports. It is really neat to think about the number of kids you have shared your shots with over the years and I know your awesome shots will be appreciated for years to come.

I’m looking forward to shooting alongside you in our favorite time of the year coming up!

Agreed! :thumb: You do an awesome job and it is much appreciated. Thanks paNDA!

"... transferred ... over Christmas ..."??? Interesting, very much so.

To observers on the outside, there certainly seem to be frequent transfers/acquisitions of key players to schools in the 32nd district, doesn't it? Do the other 8th region teams have to not only contend with themselves, but also an influx from the 9th, too? At any rate, this should amp up the meeting with W-V in the district tourney.

On amping up the meeting with WV in districts, I am not so sure. She played in the last meeting on Jan 21st. Walton won 62 to 39. She was 1 for 5 with 2 points. Did not get to the free throw line and had 2 rebounds. Perhaps she was still getting acquainted, but as far as that game, her addition didn't make much difference.

On amping up the meeting with WV in districts, I am not so sure. She played in the last meeting on Jan 21st. Walton won 62 to 39. She was 1 for 5 with 2 points. Did not get to the free throw line and had 2 rebounds. Perhaps she was still getting acquainted, but as far as that game, her addition didn't make much difference.

You make a good point, Triple, and it's well taken. However with a huge win over NCC, which just last week made a major statement after losing the title game of the All-A tourney to W-V, it appears that the "getting acquainted period" for SK may have come and gone. Although I haven't been there or seen the re-vamped Lady Pioneers, I've been told that her mid-season addition makes them a much different team, as she is gives them a legitimate inside presence.

You make a good point, Triple, and it's well taken. However with a huge win over NCC, which just last week made a major statement after losing the title game of the All-A tourney to W-V, it appears that the "getting acquainted period" for SK may have come and gone. Although I haven't been there or seen the re-vamped Lady Pioneers, I've been told that her mid-season addition makes them a much different team, as she is gives them a legitimate inside presence.

There is no doubt she helps SK, and she strengthens their inside game. She is averaging somewhere around 9 points a game in 9 games so far with SK. Yes she makes them a little better, however I still do not think that her addition alone is going to change much for them against Walton. If SK is going to beat WV, it will take more than her being on the floor. Perhaps another post player having a great game along with her, perhaps SK's guards produce more than the last meeting, perhaps they learn to play defense like NCC...I don't know, but somewhere, SK is going to have to create more than just her addition alone. If not, same result will occur.

There is no doubt she helps SK, and she strengthens their inside game. She is averaging somewhere around 9 points a game in 9 games so far with SK. Yes she makes them a little better, however I still do not think that her addition alone is going to change much for them against Walton. If SK is going to beat WV, it will take more than her being on the floor. Perhaps another post player having a great game along with her, perhaps SK's guards produce more than the last meeting, perhaps they learn to play defense like NCC...I don't know, but somewhere, SK is going to have to create more than just her addition alone. If not, same result will occur.

Don't count out a Coach Stowers team when it comes tournament time. He finds a way to win.

Don't count out a Coach Stowers team when it comes tournament time. He finds a way to win.

I agree and I'd be crazy to count them out. I think that come tournament time, SK could make a run, but as you said, only if Coach Stowers can find a way among their team. I just didn't think the addition of one player, in this case, was going to be enough to close the gap that was there among some of the other 8th region teams they played this year (Losses to...South Oldham by 18, Collins by 19, and WV by 10 and 23). Again that one player helps, but it will take more. We shall see what Coach Stowers finds. (As far as facing WV again, something tells me he has already been looking at WV vs NCC game videos.)