Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Week # 9 - No. Ky Coaches Poll

Featured Replies

At least Walter won't complain this week..... But then again, he may not like a tie for first place with Holy Cross.

 

1. Holmes ( 3 ) 90

1. Holy Cross ( 2 ) 90

3. Dixie Heights ( 5 ) 86

4. Boone Co. 65

5. NCC 55

6. Cov Cath 41

7. Simon Kenton 36

8. Brossart 30

9. Campbell Co. 23

10. Cooper 11

Not bad! interesting 5 coaches had Dixie 1 yet they finsihed 3rd in total points!

Not bad! interesting 5 coaches had Dixie 1 yet they finsihed 3rd in total points!

 

One scenario, and there are many, is that the other five coaches voted...4 fourth place votes and one 3rd.

One scenario, and there are many, is that the other five coaches voted...4 fourth place votes and one 3rd.

With Boone only getting 65 points it could almost mean one coach picked Dixie very low in the poll? I'd love to see the ballots and who actually takes the time to vote.

With Boone only getting 65 points it could almost mean one coach picked Dixie very low in the poll? I'd love to see the ballots and who actually takes the time to vote.

 

I'm not even sure if it is all coaches that vote anyway. All someone would need to vote by proxy is access to the statistics website that the Enquirer uses, but there is only one vote per school.

At least Walter won't complain this week..... But then again, he may not like a tie for first place with Holy Cross.

 

1. Holmes ( 3 ) 90

1. Holy Cross ( 2 ) 90

3. Dixie Heights ( 5 ) 86

4. Boone Co. 65

5. NCC 55

6. Cov Cath 41

7. Simon Kenton 36

8. Brossart 30

9. Campbell Co. 23

10. Cooper 11

 

When did I complain about the last poll? My only problem was HC being ahead of Holmes despite Holmes taking it to them on their home floor.

 

I still think the rankings should look like this:

 

1. Dixie

2. Holmes

3. Holy Cross

 

If Holmes wins tomorrow, they will have earned the #1 ranking.

When did I complain about the last poll? My only problem was HC being ahead of Holmes despite Holmes taking it to them on their home floor.

 

I still think the rankings should look like this:

 

1. Dixie

2. Holmes

3. Holy Cross

 

If Holmes wins tomorrow, they will have earned the #1 ranking.

 

Even though they lost to Cooper? Just asking.

Edited by statman

Even though they lost to Cooper? Just asking.

 

Considering they played without Knox due to an injury, I think that should be taken in to consideration. They were up 8 before he went out for the rest of the game with an injury. Without him, outscored by 11.

Considering they played without Knox due to an injury, I think that should be taken in to consideration. They were up 8 before he went out for the rest of the game with an injury. Without him, outscored by 11.

Arnt those part of the game? They still lost.

Even though they lost to Cooper? Just asking.

 

Dixie only beat Lloyd by 2. Every team has a headscratcher now and then.

  • Author

Holmes lost to Brossart @ Brossart by 3 (And that took a huge run late to get it that close)

 

Holy Cross beat Brossart @ Brossart by 7 (And never trailed in the game if im not mistaken)

 

* Does this mean that Brossart should be ranked ahead of Holmes ???

Holmes lost to Brossart @ Brossart by 3 (And that took a huge run late to get it that close)

 

Holy Cross beat Brossart @ Brossart by 7 (And never trailed in the game if im not mistaken)

 

* Does this mean that Brossart should be ranked ahead of Holmes ???

 

Brossart wouldn't beat Holmes today. You're talking about a game that was at the beginning of December.

 

In the end, rankings mean nothing and are simply there for guys like you and I to debate.

 

Both HC and Holmes will have a chance to prove they are #1 in the region this week. It's all about matchups and luck of the draw though when it comes to getting to Rupp.

Arnt those part of the game? They still lost.

 

Do injuries not affect the outcome of a game??

 

You cant tell me if burger got hurt and HC list a game, that woukdnt be one of the first things you pointed out.

  • Author

I wasn't referring to anything about injuries. I just mentioned the Brossart/Holmes outcome versus the HC/Brossart outcome, etc. since your logic was since Holmes beat HC then they should automatically be ranked ahead of them...Injuries are always a major part of the outcome of games of course. I agree polls are just to debate. My top 3 this week if I had a vote would be:

 

1. Holmes

2. HC

3. Dixie

 

* While I agree Dixie has played a very difficult schedule, they seem to have gotten a pass all year just bc they played that tough schedule. I mean 8 losses is still 8 losses. To be considered a good team or the top ranked team in this area don't you have to win a couple of those difficult games? Just asking...

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.