January 29, 201214 yr Final. Morehead State with a huge win today over Tennessee Tech. The Eagles are gaining confidence and words can't express the improvement of this team from November until now. I know Prohm is the man but Tyndall would get my vote as OVC Coach of the Year if the season ended today. The Eagles appeared to be in big trouble, then closed the game on a 15-3 run, highlighted by back-to-back-to-back-to-back three-pointers... Here are the 3-pointers:
January 29, 201214 yr Why Tyndall over Prohm? Murray wasn't even picked to win the league, as I recall, but the Racers are undefeated and ranked and enjoying more national publicity than any team in OVC history.
January 29, 201214 yr I am all for the Eagles, but Prohm has to be the OVC coach of the year. Should garner national consideration too...
January 29, 201214 yr Author Prohm also has the best big man and best guard in the OVC. Like I said, Prohm will and should win coach of the year, but what Tyndall is doing with what he has is nothing short of miraculous.
January 29, 201214 yr Tyndall is a very good coach, no doubt about it, but Murray has also been without Aska for a significant period of time and still has a perfect record. Prohm deserves the award, based on what has happened to this point.
January 29, 201214 yr Author Tyndall is a very good coach, no doubt about it, but Murray has also been without Aska for a significant period of time and still has a perfect record. Prohm deserves the award, based on what has happened to this point. From my last post: "Prohm will and should win coach of the year..."
January 30, 201214 yr From my last post: "Prohm will and should win coach of the year..."You also said your vote would go to Tyndall ...
January 30, 201214 yr Author Who was picked to win the OVC preseason? Some picked Tennessee Tech, some picked Austin Peay - both still have a very good chance at winning the OVC Tourney.
January 30, 201214 yr Author You also said your vote would go to Tyndall ... And if I had a vote, it would go to Tyndall.
January 30, 201214 yr And if I had a vote, it would go to Tyndall. So you wouldn't vote for who you think should win?
January 30, 201214 yr Author So you wouldn't vote for who you think should win? I told you who I'd vote for. I guess a lot of it depends on how you define the Coach of the Year. Is that given to the coach who has the best team, the most talent and the best record or it given to the coach who overachieved with a less-talented team? Prohm will win and he's well-deserving - he's having one of the most magical seasons in mid-major college basketbal history.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.