Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Holmes 82 Beechwood 57

Featured Replies

Bad combination of a team that is trying to make the move up to NKAC D2 and a team that should have probably stayed in D3.

 

While true Omega Man, the district is the same, so that wouldn't have changed regardless of whether Beechwood was D2 or D3. They are unfortunately the weakling in hoops in this tough district.

We chatted about this a little in another thread. Beechwood's gym is the same size as the gym at Holy Cross. Didn't Holy Cross host the districts last year? If that is true, why should it be moved? At this point, if it must be moved because of crowd size issues, I say move it to the only gym that truly can handle the crowd - Holmes - and keep it at a district gym. Holmes won the #1 seed so they earned it. Personally, I am not driving to Regents Hall for a 35th District game.
Nice try. You have to be in sales VOR! lol
Holy Cross hosted in 2009 and 2006 that I can remember. I agree that BW has every right to host. I think a better place to have it would be maybe Thomas More. That way, more people could get in and they would make more money. If it is at BW, I will just have to get there a bit earlier no big deal. I think every team should have the right to host on their year.
About 10 years ago I was in line during the Holy Cross/CovCath first round game and did not get in.

Delete

Apparently there was a game last night and Dontel Rice played pretty well.......

 

From nky.com:

 

HOLMES 82, BEECHWOOD 57 — Senior guard Dontel Rice's 35 points paced Holmes to its 17th win of the season, as the Bulldogs rolled past the Tigers. Rice scored 11 points in the second quarter and 13 in the third as Holmes turned a modest lead into a blowout.

 

HOLMES 20-24-20-18—82

BEECHWOOD 9-13-13-22—57

 

HOLMES (17-4): Rice 11 10 35, Englemon 4 5 13, Coston 5 1 13, Palmer 1 3 5, Wilson 2 0 4, Lewis 2 1 5, Bolden 1 2 4, Martin 1 1 3, Englemon 4 5 13. Total 27 23 82.

 

BEECHWOOD (5-10): Nussbaum 6 1 13, Crews 4 1 9, Maus 6 2 15, Marksbery 1 0 2, Shover 1 0 2, Allen 0 2 2, Estrella 3 0 8, McKenzie 2 0 4, Vocke 1 0 2. Total 24 6 57.

 

3-pointers: H-Coston 2, Rice 3. B-Maus, Estrella 2.

Dontel Rice has now scored 27, 26, and 35 in his last 3 games. He is playing very well at the right time.

 

Anyone know where Knox was? Not in the box score and wasn't at the last game.

Perhaps this has already been mentioned, but didn't Beechwood host in 2008, but actually the games were held at Holmes? If so, I don't recall that being a big issue and it most definitely allowed for more attendees and better parking. The big game on everyone's mind is Holy Cross/Cov Cath, and having it at Holmes would still allow that game to be played on a neutral court. Really can't imagine anyone thinking that Beechwood would have a snowball's chance to beat Holmes even if played at Beechwood. If I could cast a vote, I'd hold the games at Holmes for sure.

On second thought, the championship game, which is an important seeding game for the Regional tourney would perhaps give an advantage to Holmes if this year's districts were moved to Holmes. I wouldn't be opposed to the idea of every year having the districts at Thomas More to avoid the common problems that arises every time it's held at Beechwood or Holy Cross. This way it will always be held on a neutral court and parking and attendance won't be an issue. Just a thought...

On second thought, the championship game, which is an important seeding game for the Regional tourney would perhaps give an advantage to Holmes if this year's districts were moved to Holmes. I wouldn't be opposed to the idea of every year having the districts at Thomas More to avoid the common problems that arises every time it's held at Beechwood or Holy Cross. This way it will always be held on a neutral court and parking and attendance won't be an issue. Just a thought...

 

I have been told Holy Cross refuses to give up hosting it.

Bad combination of a team that is trying to make the move up to NKAC D2 and a team that should have probably stayed in D3.

 

If Beechwood were still in D3, they would probably have a good chance of going undefeated in D3 .... again. I have no problem with the move to D2. It is always better to challenge yourself and elevate your level of play.

Anyone have details of the GAME?

Anyone have details of the GAME?

 

Yeah ... Holmes kicked butt from the opening tip. Oppressive defense, aggressive play up and down the court... the end. Not much more to be said about a 25 point beat down.

Nice try. You have to be in sales VOR! lol

 

What was I selling there? :lol: :idunno:

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.