Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

33rd District Seeding Question

Featured Replies

I've always heard different stories about how the 33rd seeds. They play each team twice but according to the form on file with the KHSAA only one of the two counts as a seeding game. It doesn't say which one.

 

Is it always the 2nd game?

 

http://www.khsaa.org/basketball/districtregion/districtseedingplans/district33.pdf

 

 

Two 33rd matchups tonight.

 

I am 90% sure that it is NOT always the second game. I believe when Boone and Ryle played in the first game of the year, that was the seeding game. That seemed strange to me. I will be interested in hearing exactly how they decide which game is the seeding game.

  • Author
I am 90% sure that it is NOT always the second game. I believe when Boone and Ryle played in the first game of the year, that was the seeding game. That seemed strange to me. I will be interested in hearing exactly how they decide which game is the seeding game.

 

I can't imagine having the first game of the season be the seeding game.

I can't imagine having the first game of the season be the seeding game.

 

I was told one time that the first regular season game is the seeding game but that was involving another district. Be interesting to know if this is true, if it is consistant with other districts. I would think this is decided within each district but am not sure.

I've always heard different stories about how the 33rd seeds. They play each team twice but according to the form on file with the KHSAA only one of the two counts as a seeding game. It doesn't say which one.

 

Is it always the 2nd game?

 

http://www.khsaa.org/basketball/districtregion/districtseedingplans/district33.pdf

 

 

Two 33rd matchups tonight.

 

 

Not sure if it changes anything but that is an old form as St. Henry is still listed instead of Cooper which is in it's fourth year.

  • Author
Not sure if it changes anything but that is an old form as St. Henry is still listed instead of Cooper which is in it's fourth year.

 

Good point. It's what the KHSAA shows but I guess it could be different now.

Riherds scoreboard/KHSAA site has this listed as current records in district play:

Boone 2-0

Conner 2-2

Cooper 1-2

Ryle 1-2

  • Author
Riherds scoreboard/KHSAA site has this listed as current records in district play:

Boone 2-0

Conner 2-2

Cooper 1-2

Ryle 1-2

 

I'll see if I can track down a coach who will shed some light.

  • Author

Update: Both games count.

  • Author

Boone 2-0

Cooper 1-1

Ryle 1-2

Conner 1-2

 

Conner @ Ryle tonight

Cooper @ Boone tonight.

Boone 2-0

Conner 1-1

Cooper 1-1

Ryle 1-1

 

Conner @ Ryle tonight

Cooper @ Boone tonight.

 

Spot on w/ both games counting, except records:

 

Boone 2-0 (Beat Ryle/Conner)

Cooper 1-1 (Beat Conner, lost to Ryle)

Ryle 1-2 (Beat Cooper, lost to Boone/Conner)

Conner 1-2 (Beat Ryle, lost to Boone/Cooper)

  • Author
Spot on except:

 

Boone 2-0 (Beat Ryle/Conner)

Cooper 1-1 (Beat Conner, lost to Ryle)

Ryle 1-2 (Beat Cooper, lost to Boone/Conner)

Conner 1-2 (Beat Ryle, lost to Boone/Cooper)

 

You caught me before I figured it out.

  • Author
I'm pretty sure Conner beat Ryle @ Conner.

 

You are correct.

 

Big night.

  • Author

I like the way the 33rd does it overall. I like playing each team twice.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.