Southwestern 59 Mason County 42

Thanks for the info.

Is this a new school? I have never heard of them.

The school was created in 1993 from Pulaski County High when that school became too big and was split to form Southwestern. I've heard that they may have to build another new school in the not-too-distant future because the county continues to grow in population.

I've also heard that the same may happen in Laurel County, a third high school, because their county's population also continues to grow.

Mason played like they had never seen a basketball. We could not even pass the ball resulting in 16 TO's in the first half. Don't know if Mason had a hangover from South Laurel or to much Christmas turkey. Does a turkey lay an egg cause Mason sure did.

We sure did lay something there Sumoroyal :laugh: ,All i can do is laugh cause im not sure what happend out there tonite we had more fouls and turnovers combined than points.Lets start by saying congrats to PSW on a hard played well executed game.Mason lets just say this never happend suck it up and come ready to play tomm.I knew all long with this young of a team there would be nites like this and i bet its not the last one.As for the ones writing the Royals off go for it its easier to fly under the radar as Arnold said "Well be back" and soon i promise.

Do you think they could beat South?

Way too much would have to go right for that to happen. With SW having no height, SL traditionally passes over top of their press and finishes, and they play too tough in the half-court defense to allow SW's shooting to hurt them.

On this game — great effort by the Warriors, probably one of their biggest in program history. Mason came out flat and couldn't hit, and Southwestern made them pay. SW forced 22 turnovers and held Mason to 35 percent shooting. Daulton killed them at the FT line, hitting 11 of 14. Dustin Fothergill played really well — 16 pts, 8 reb, 4 stls.

Great effort by Turner, who scored 15 and pulled in 18 rebounds, but no one else really showed up for the Royals.

Mason County couldn't stop SW's guard (Dalton) off the dribble. A microcosm of Mason County's night came in the closing seconds when Mason got a steal at half court and missed a wide open layup at the final buzzer. SW played sticky defense and kept Mason off the boards.

They said Micah Turner had 21 rbs so I don't think Mason's rebounding was the problem. They couldn't hit an outside shot and like you mentioned their defense was downright awful. Couldn't stop PG penetration and when SW ran a halfcourt set for more than 20 seconds someone finally broke open for a wide open layup.

The school was created in 1993 from Pulaski County High when that school became too big and was split to form Southwestern. I've heard that they may have to build another new school in the not-too-distant future because the county continues to grow in population.

I've also heard that the same may happen in Laurel County, a third high school, because their county's population also continues to grow.

Thanks for the info. :thumb:

We sure did lay something there Sumoroyal :laugh: ,All i can do is laugh cause im not sure what happend out there tonite we had more fouls and turnovers combined than points.Lets start by saying congrats to PSW on a hard played well executed game.Mason lets just say this never happend suck it up and come ready to play tomm.I knew all long with this young of a team there would be nites like this and i bet its not the last one.As for the ones writing the Royals off go for it its easier to fly under the radar as Arnold said "Well be back" and soon i promise.

Yes you will be back...not flying under my radar.... :D I know the Royals will be hard to beat in the Field House come tourney time. We at GRC have great respect for Masons program.

They said Micah Turner had 21 rbs so I don't think Mason's rebounding was the problem. They couldn't hit an outside shot and like you mentioned their defense was downright awful. Couldn't stop PG penetration and when SW ran a halfcourt set for more than 20 seconds someone finally broke open for a wide open layup.

Yeah, SW had about six or seven wide-open layups off backdoor cuts.