January 6, 201214 yr Example A of why parents IMO shouldn't have Facebook. This was obvioulsy from his heart and he loves his son tremendously. I'd venture a guess to say this is very embarassing to his son. When you hit 25, get off of Facebook.
January 6, 201214 yr Interesting from Eric Crawford's article this morning: The stats hint at his ankle making a difference. From the free-throw line, where he stands flatfooted, Siva is shooting 80.7 percent, well above his 66.5 percent through his first two seasons. On the other hand, he’s shooting just 33.9 percent from the field, down from 44.7 percent over the past two years. His 3-point shooting has dipped as well; he had missed 10 in a row until making his only attempt at St. John’s and now is at 21.1 percent. He shot 31.7 in his first two years. Assists and turnovers are things he can control no matter how sore or swollen his ankle is. He’s slightly up from last season in both categories, averaging 6.0 assists (fourth in the Big East Conference) and 3.4 turnovers. He already has had two games with at least six turnovers after having just one all last season. What's interesting is that I hear lots of people calling him a disappointment, a waste, etc. But he's still producing, and will improve as the ankle heals. Yes, he has things like silly fouls to work on, but I simply can't wrap my head around the people who are completely slamming him.
January 6, 201214 yr Interesting from Eric Crawford's article this morning: What's interesting is that I hear lots of people calling him a disappointment, a waste, etc. But he's still producing, and will improve as the ankle heals. Yes, he has things like silly fouls to work on, but I simply can't wrap my head around the people who are completely slamming him. With many UL fans proclaiming him to be equal to or better than John Wall, the bar was set pretty high.
January 6, 201214 yr With many UL fans proclaiming him to be equal to or better than John Wall, the bar was set pretty high. Ummmm....which UL fans are those? I haven't heard anyone say that. I know I'm glad we got Siva instead of Wall, I think he's better for our team than Wall would have been.
January 6, 201214 yr Ummmm....which UL fans are those? I haven't heard anyone say that. I know I'm glad we got Siva instead of Wall, I think he's better for our team than Wall would have been.Basically every UL fan on my Facebook stream. I think it was said on here too, but I don't feel like looking through those type of old threads. I'd also argue that one year of Wall would be better than whatever you get out of Siva.
January 6, 201214 yr Basically every UL fan on my Facebook stream. I think it was said on here too, but I don't feel like looking through those type of old threads. I'd also argue that one year of Wall would be better than whatever you get out of Siva. I'd argue to the opposite. But that's likely because we have different expectations of our team's players.
January 6, 201214 yr With many UL fans proclaiming him to be equal to or better than John Wall, the bar was set pretty high. Rivalries lead people to declare all sorts of dumb things. This definitely falls under that category.
January 6, 201214 yr Rivalries lead people to declare all sorts of dumb things. This definitely falls under that category.:lol: :lol: Very good point.
January 6, 201214 yr I'd argue to the opposite. But that's likely because we have different expectations of our team's players.What are your expectations?
January 6, 201214 yr Basically every UL fan on my Facebook stream. I think it was said on here too, but I don't feel like looking through those type of old threads. I'd also argue that one year of Wall would be better than whatever you get out of Siva. I saw a lot on some other message boards. And it wasn't just about Wall, but also Knight, and now Teague. Teague can be debated. Wall & Knight not even close. It doesn't mean every UL fan claimed that, but there were many that did--at least those that frequent message boards. I think what is happening to Siva is that he's struggling from not having that consistent scorer that he had last year in Preston Knowles.
January 6, 201214 yr :lol: :lol: Very good point. You've lived in Louisville for quite a while now. Are you beginning to see how weird things are with this rivalry in Jefferson County? You're constantly on the defensive as your next door neighbor and half your co-workers and friends are fans of your team's biggest rival. There aren't a lot of places in the United States where that's the case. It makes for constant lively discussion and you can't argue about something that many times a week without eventually having a complete breakdown and ceasing to make any sense whatsoever.
January 7, 201214 yr Ummmm....which UL fans are those? I haven't heard anyone say that. I know I'm glad we got Siva instead of Wall, I think he's better for our team than Wall would have been. :lol: Now that is hilarious.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.