Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Lawrence County 2006

Featured Replies

JC is the new force in the district. I think its a smart move by him. Im sure he will be welcomed.
That may be the funniest thing I've heard all day. Win a playoff game and we will discuss your new force!!!
  • Replies 50
  • Views 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good Post Stick.... I do not understand why the parents and players do not have any patience. Humphrey is going to Paintsville? He will not get as much exposure at Paintsville. His success will be equal at best. Dials is going to Central? Central plays basically the same schedule as LC. How would Dials get more exposure at Central? These kids growed up playing youth football in LC. They grew up wanting to be a bulldog. They watched every friday waiting for their time to shine. Their time is now, and they are going to transfer? LC had some struggles that Goldsmith come to fix and these guys do not have any patience. I feel like these guys are turning their back on the LC program. Goldsmith has put so much time and effort into these guys. I guess this shows how much the kids in LC have changed over the past 15 years.

Central is doing a great job right now but they have no where near the football history nor have they sent near the number of kids to college than LC has. This breaks my heart to see these guys leaving LC. The coaches and kids are working their tails off there and they will put a solid product on the field next year. This is a tough blow though. I wish the boys that are leaving the best. The guys that are still there need to just bear down. Great programs find ways to win. There will be kids step up and make plays this year if they keep working hard!
Good Post Stick.... I do not understand why the parents and players do not have any patience. Humphrey is going to Paintsville? He will not get as much exposure at Paintsville. His success will be equal at best. Dials is going to Central? Central plays basically the same schedule as LC. How would Dials get more exposure at Central? These kids growed up playing youth football in LC. They grew up wanting to be a bulldog. They watched every friday waiting for their time to shine. Their time is now, and they are going to transfer? LC had some struggles that Goldsmith come to fix and these guys do not have any patience. I feel like these guys are turning their back on the LC program. Goldsmith has put so much time and effort into these guys. I guess this shows how much the kids in LC have changed over the past 15 years.

 

I will agree with most of your post all but the last part . Not all the kids here have turned there back on LC we have some kids here that wont back down from a challenge and that's what we have here these kids that are leaveing might think they will find a easy road a head but were they are going the will still have to work . I hate it with all my heart to see these young men go but if they don't wont to be here or if thier parents doesn't wont them here then they need to leave just like Luke Moore did I wish the best for them I just hope it's the right thing for the kids and Good Luck with the KHSAA

Why do so many kids keep transferring out of LC? I have heard of a lot of kids quitting or not coming to weights at some schools but just flat leaving what is going on?

Why would Humphery transfer he was the starting qb and was looking to have a big season next year if he goes to paintsville he will have to fight really hard for playing time peirod. As for the Dials kid he just needs to do hit his school books this kid can play any were but his grades will keep him from the next level unless he get's after it in the class room and if he can't make the grades at LC how in the world does his parents think he can at Central .His dad said he will have a better chance at a scholarship at Central I would like to see a list of kids that Matney has sent to the next level compared to the staff at LC???

First of all, the move that Dials made really has nothing to do with football and loyalty. You know when Nathaniel, left his "friends" were very understanding and encouraging. Yes, it does have to do with education. When a child is made to feel that it is a lose lose situation, he quits trying. Please don't try to understand his situation, because you don't have all of the facts. This was a very thought out decision. I don't pretend to know why the other 6 or 7 kids (that don't play sports) have left in the past week and I really don't care. That was a decision made between their families. As I said before, this decision is really noone else's business and it is really sad that such negativity is brought down on a kid. Noone has turned their back on Lawrence County. his support for the kids will always be there. I think when comments like these are made, a look at the outside administration decisions for the benefit of Lawrence County should be looked at and not a 17 year old kid that loves the game of football at Lawrence, Johnson or wherever.

Why do so many kids keep transferring out of LC? I have heard of a lot of kids quitting or not coming to weights at some schools but just flat leaving what is going on?

There are a lot of unhappy people in Lawrence Co with the education system and lack of leadership. There have been a lot of outsiders brought in and some people put in leadership positions that aren't leaders. It breaks my heart to see the school system in such a mess. I loved growing up in Louisa and felt like I got a good education while I was there. I wouldn't trade being a Bulldog or playing for Coach Goldsmith for anything. Those were many of the best times of my life and even to this day we keep in touch. I care a lot about Corey as a person (I love the fire he plays with it reminds me of Jason Michael) and don't know Nathanial as well but most families around there care about each other growing up. I wish those 2 guys the best and I really hope the community rallies around the coaches and kids that are working their tails off to be the best they can be. It's a tough situation but I have faith that the Bulldogs will put a quality product on the field on Friday nights! I care too much about everybody involved so I'm not going to comment anymore on this one but wish everybody the best of luck.

:thumb: :thumb:

There are a lot of unhappy people in Lawrence Co with the education system and lack of leadership. There have been a lot of outsiders brought in and some people put in leadership positions that aren't leaders. It breaks my heart to see the school system in such a mess. I loved growing up in Louisa and felt like I got a good education while I was there. I wouldn't trade being a Bulldog or playing for Coach Goldsmith for anything. Those were many of the best times of my life and even to this day we keep in touch. I care a lot about Corey as a person (I love the fire he plays with it reminds me of Jason Michael) and don't know Nathanial as well but most families around there care about each other growing up. I wish those 2 guys the best and I really hope the community rallies around the coaches and kids that are working their tails off to be the best they can be. It's a tough situation but I have faith that the Bulldogs will put a quality product on the field on Friday nights! I care too much about everybody involved so I'm not going to comment anymore on this one but wish everybody the best of luck.

All I say about all this is "GO DAWGS!!!

 

 

But I will add this, Although I no longer live in Louisa, like Stick1 said it sickens me to read or hear about what is going on in the school system which I fully believe is what is hurting all sports at Lawrence County. I will go into details but those of us close to LC know the problems that have occured in the last few years. Until the adminstration at LC shows they support any sports at LC things are for sure to get worse.

 

For those players who are staying, I and every LC fan truly thank you for not giving up and we will continue to support you whether we are in LC or scattered across Kentucky and the USA.

 

For those players who have left, I truly hope you go far in your new adventure and I support you because you are Bulldogs.

All I say about all this is "GO DAWGS!!!

 

 

But I will add this, Although I no longer live in Louisa, like Stick1 said it sickens me to read or hear about what is going on in the school system which I fully believe is what is hurting all sports at Lawrence County. I will go into details but those of us close to LC know the problems that have occured in the last few years. Until the adminstration at LC shows they support any sports at LC things are for sure to get worse.

 

For those players who are staying, I and every LC fan truly thank you for not giving up and we will continue to support you whether we are in LC or scattered across Kentucky and the USA.

 

For those players who have left, I truly hope you go far in your new adventure and I support you because you are Bulldogs.

:thumb: :thumb:

First of all, the move that Dials made really has nothing to do with football and loyalty. You know when Nathaniel, left his "friends" were very understanding and encouraging. Yes, it does have to do with education. When a child is made to feel that it is a lose lose situation, he quits trying. Please don't try to understand his situation, because you don't have all of the facts. This was a very thought out decision. I don't pretend to know why the other 6 or 7 kids (that don't play sports) have left in the past week and I really don't care. That was a decision made between their families. As I said before, this decision is really noone else's business and it is really sad that such negativity is brought down on a kid. Noone has turned their back on Lawrence County. his support for the kids will always be there. I think when comments like these are made, a look at the outside administration decisions for the benefit of Lawrence County should be looked at and not a 17 year old kid that loves the game of football at Lawrence, Johnson or wherever.

 

 

If you think my qoute was ment to be putting these two young men down then noting could be farther from the truth .I think a lot of both these kids and I know thier parents also. If you read what I said about the Dials kid I said I think he can play any were he wont's to and at any position that was said as a good thing what I said about his grades is also true I think he can play at the D-1 level if he works really hard at it but the class work has to come first because I don't care if you are the best kid in the state you will not play the next level with out the grades. If thats why he left then I hope he can be successful in the class room because I know he will be on the field but I still think that you wont find any better coaches then what we have right here in Louisa. It's just that when I saw this about them leaveing it really broke my heart I have watched these kids play together sence they were 5 years old my son is just a couple of years behind them and I just hate to see whats happening here I didn't even know that they were more that had left ??? I just hope we have enough to have a football team next year . If we do I know that Billy will have them ready. I just hope that Tim Hayes isn't one that has left because I think he did a real good job at JV last year as a QB if he's gone it looks like we might have a freshman Qb with the name of Boone.I hope he doesn't have to for at least another year or so . But with all that said I just hope that they all have a lot of fun in the game of football because that's all it is it's a game . And I will cheer for Paintsville all next year and I will hope that Cetral has a soild year with maybe one loss and that's when they come to Louisa. What will be odd is seeing Keith on the other side of the field after watching him play for and help out this program for year's to me that will be more odder to see then old Jake dressed in black and gold because he wore those colors in the middle school program so Good Luck to both Humphrey & Dials and remember once a DAWG all ways a DAWG . ;)

I didn't actually say these guys turned their back on the program. I said "I feel" this way. Everyone is entitled to an opinion and I over reacted. Although I find it hard to believe, if these kids are leaving for academic reasons I support their decision. I dont recall any LC football players leaving when they were having success. If anything, LC was taking kids away from the Johnson County programs. I also disagree with "once a dog always a dog". That will change when Dials puts on a Johnson Central uniform and when Humphrey puts on a Paintsville uniform. This stuff happens ocasionally, and LC will have to rebound. LC will rebound and become successful once again. I appreciate all the guys sticking with the program. Thanks for all your hard work.

Where the saying once a dawg all ways a dawg comes is from some of the saying that we use in the locker room just like the dawg family saying these kids are and will all ways be part of are family I for one will not turn my back on my family just because they won't to go down a different road then the one I go down or went down . These kids knows what the saying mean's and I am sure that part of thier heart will stay here in louisa and I know they will give it thier all were they will be going I hope they are recieved with open arm's good luck and GO DAWGS.

Where the saying once a dawg all ways a dawg comes is from some of the saying that we use in the locker room just like the dawg family saying these kids are and will all ways be part of are family I for one will not turn my back on my family just because they won't to go down a different road then the one I go down or went down . These kids knows what the saying mean's and I am sure that part of thier heart will stay here in louisa and I know they will give it thier all were they will be going I hope they are recieved with open arm's good luck and GO DAWGS.

Well said, you know that is the most mature response I have heard yet. Thank you.

I didn't actually say these guys turned their back on the program. I said "I feel" this way. Everyone is entitled to an opinion and I over reacted. Although I find it hard to believe, if these kids are leaving for academic reasons I support their decision. I dont recall any LC football players leaving when they were having success. If anything, LC was taking kids away from the Johnson County programs. I also disagree with "once a dog always a dog". That will change when Dials puts on a Johnson Central uniform and when Humphrey puts on a Paintsville uniform. This stuff happens ocasionally, and LC will have to rebound. LC will rebound and become successful once again. I appreciate all the guys sticking with the program. Thanks for all your hard work.

 

There were players who left LC during the good years, but probably not talked about as much because of the kids who came here and the success the program was having. Now when LC is down and a few kids leave everyone starts pointing fingers at the coaches, but like I said in my previous post alot of it is adminstration not backing sports. I know alot will be said if Boone gets the starting position, but maybe possibly he may be the better QB? If anyone close to LC remembers what was being said about Jason Michael when he stepped in at QB when he was in 8th grade against West Carter and never lost his starting position again, there was the same type of reaction that I am reading here and I believe Jason did alright for LC :D

I hope things get better and the remaining players can get that started by living in the Weight Room.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.