Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Lawrence County 2006

Featured Replies

What are some realistic expectations for LC next year as Goldsmith goes into his 3rd year?? Some say the 3rd year is where you start to see the progress really coming out and with another solid schedule ahead for the Dawgs what are some things to look for out of next years team?

  • Replies 50
  • Views 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I look for Lawrence to be right in the mix of things next season . I think they will have a much improved line and the schedule is a good one but it's a big step down from last year's. I look for LC to make the playoff's but I don't think they will go very deep maybe one win or at best two win's in the play offs. Last year I keeped looking for us to really upset some one this year I think every body will be looking for us and it will be even harder to get the Win's I will pull for the dawgs all the way I win lose or draw GO DAWGS! :ylsuper:

From the things I read on here and in the papers I think unless this team gets back to fundamentals they are once again in for a sub 500 year.

From the things I read on here and in the papers I think unless this team gets back to fundamentals they are once again in for a sub 500 year.

:thumb: I totally agree, LC has too learn how to hold onto the football in order to win the big games. Fumbles this past season hurt them against Belfry, Ironton, and Mason County. Two of the 3 could have been Wins if they hold onto the ball. And the Ironton game would not have gotten out of hand if not for 9 turnovers. I would make every skill player carry a football for the rest of year around school and encourage the whole student body to try and knock the ball loose from them.

  • Author
Will Boone Goldsmith be the qb?

I believe Humphrey will retain the role as starting QB but Boone is the future for this program.

I believe Humphrey will retain the role as starting QB but Boone is the future for this program.

I doubt that, Humphrey transferred to Paintsville... also Dials transferred to Johnson Central.

  • Author
I doubt that, Humphrey transferred to Paintsville... also Dials transferred to Johnson Central.

 

 

WOW!! :eek:

  • Author

I guess the Freshmen Boone Goldsmith will take over now.

I doubt that, Humphrey transferred to Paintsville... also Dials transferred to Johnson Central.

Transfers will happen when kids think politics or a coaches son enters the picture, coaching your son in high school is bad for a program.

Why would Humphery transfer he was the starting qb and was looking to have a big season next year if he goes to paintsville he will have to fight really hard for playing time peirod. As for the Dials kid he just needs to do hit his school books this kid can play any were but his grades will keep him from the next level unless he get's after it in the class room and if he can't make the grades at LC how in the world does his parents think he can at Central .His dad said he will have a better chance at a scholarship at Central I would like to see a list of kids that Matney has sent to the next level compared to the staff at LC???

JC is the new force in the district. I think its a smart move by him. Im sure he will be welcomed.

JC is the new force in the district. I think its a smart move by him. Im sure he will be welcomed.

Central is doing a great job right now but they have no where near the football history nor have they sent near the number of kids to college than LC has. This breaks my heart to see these guys leaving LC. The coaches and kids are working their tails off there and they will put a solid product on the field next year. This is a tough blow though. I wish the boys that are leaving the best. The guys that are still there need to just bear down. Great programs find ways to win. There will be kids step up and make plays this year if they keep working hard!

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.