Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Lawrence County 2006

Featured Replies

Well said, you know that is the most mature response I have heard yet. Thank you.

 

You are most welcome ;)

  • Replies 50
  • Views 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did Dials for sure transfer to JCHS?

Did Dials for sure transfer to JCHS?

 

I was told by a # of ppl that he did indeed transfer to JCHS when school started back after new years. I know that the Humphery kid transfered to P-ville. This is going to be a continued trend i believe if the LC administration isnt cleaned out. Alot of things go on in that school system that just bumfound me. From what i hear, the state will probably step in next year and run that school system.

I am starting to think about running a bus system from Lawrence Co. to Johnson Co. for all the kids that are now going down thier. I was told that it looks like a picket line at the county line on school morning's with all the parents bringing there kids to catch the bus. I don't know what's going on here but I do know that one of these kids that has transfer to paintsville Mother is in the adminastration at LC and she has taken her kids out of LC so what does this say for are system. :madman: I just hope it all get's cleaned up before long what ever it is .I know the only ones that it hurts is the kids . Yea the sports takes a big it also but school is not about sports .

  • Author

I saw the transfers today and I was really impressed. :D

  • Author

LCHS should be fine this season.

I am starting to think about running a bus system from Lawrence Co. to Johnson Co. for all the kids that are now going down thier. I was told that it looks like a picket line at the county line on school morning's with all the parents bringing there kids to catch the bus. I don't know what's going on here but I do know that one of these kids that has transfer to paintsville Mother is in the adminastration at LC and she has taken her kids out of LC so what does this say for are system. :madman: I just hope it all get's cleaned up before long what ever it is .I know the only ones that it hurts is the kids . Yea the sports takes a big it also but school is not about sports .

Do you think that maybe the reason some Lawrence Co. parents decide to send their children has to do with the fact that Johnson County has two of the most recognized academic facilities in the state of Kentucky in Johnson Central and Paintsville High School? There are 5 other schools systems within close proxemity to and borders Lawrence Co. that could be taken advantage of as well. That being the systems of East Carter, Elliott Co., Tolsia W Va., Sheldon Clark, and Boyd County.

 

Just wondering because I dont know the answer, but do any of the other mentioned systems receive as many transfers as you are saying leaves Lawrence to attend a Johnson Co. school?

Do you think that maybe the reason some Lawrence Co. parents decide to send their children has to do with the fact that Johnson County has two of the most recognized academic facilities in the state of Kentucky in Johnson Central and Paintsville High School? There are 5 other schools systems within close proxemity to and borders Lawrence Co. that could be taken advantage of as well. That being the systems of East Carter, Elliott Co., Tolsia W Va., Sheldon Clark, and Boyd County.

 

Just wondering because I dont know the answer, but do any of the other mentioned systems receive as many transfers as you are saying leaves Lawrence to attend a Johnson Co. school?

I think 90% of the moves have been done unrealistically for sports reasons unfortunatly. The High School has had problems but people also for whatever reason think that kids are going to get noticed more at Central and Boyd Co while realistically Lawrence Co has sent way more kids to play college football on scholarship. People in that area transfer all the time but it's not seen on the state level because most people out in the state could care less. It goes in cycles of which schools are getting and which schools are losing kids. I've had many friends transfer away and in for the sole purpose of sports. LC has lost their last two starting QB's the past two years and a HUGE LBer/TE so that's why it's been a hot topic as of late. If you look at somebody like Corey for example (I'll use him because he knows how much I care about him and I think he has the right intentions on moving) I don't think his move was for athletics and that can be seen by the obvious, Pugh is arguably the top QB returning in Eastern KY at Paintsville. The kids leaving will be fine and the kids staying will be fine. In the end all of these are thought out family decisions and it's their business really not ours.

The school system is having problems but a lot of that is also do to the shape Eastern Ky is in right now. We had a thread in the General discussion about the job/drug problems etc right now and possible solutions. The program is in the hands of the most successful coach ever there and a dedicated staff (that has been shorthanded and is about to get help I think). The DAWGS will be fine next year I really think.

  • Author
I think 90% of the moves have been done unrealistically for sports reasons unfortunatly. The High School has had problems but people also for whatever reason think that kids are going to get noticed more at Central and Boyd Co while realistically Lawrence Co has sent way more kids to play college football on scholarship. People in that area transfer all the time but it's not seen on the state level because most people out in the state could care less. It goes in cycles of which schools are getting and which schools are losing kids. I've had many friends transfer away and in for the sole purpose of sports. LC has lost their last two starting QB's the past two years and a HUGE LBer/TE so that's why it's been a hot topic as of late. If you look at somebody like Corey for example (I'll use him because he knows how much I care about him and I think he has the right intentions on moving) I don't think his move was for athletics and that can be seen by the obvious, Pugh is arguably the top QB returning in Eastern KY at Paintsville. The kids leaving will be fine and the kids staying will be fine. In the end all of these are thought out family decisions and it's their business really not ours.

The school system is having problems but a lot of that is also do to the shape Eastern Ky is in right now. We had a thread in the General discussion about the job/drug problems etc right now and possible solutions. The program is in the hands of the most successful coach ever there and a dedicated staff (that has been shorthanded and is about to get help I think). The DAWGS will be fine next year I really think.

 

 

:thumb:

Do you think that maybe the reason some Lawrence Co. parents decide to send their children has to do with the fact that Johnson County has two of the most recognized academic facilities in the state of Kentucky in Johnson Central and Paintsville High School? There are 5 other schools systems within close proxemity to and borders Lawrence Co. that could be taken advantage of as well. That being the systems of East Carter, Elliott Co., Tolsia W Va., Sheldon Clark, and Boyd County.

 

Just wondering because I dont know the answer, but do any of the other mentioned systems receive as many transfers as you are saying leaves Lawrence to attend a Johnson Co. school?

 

I don't know about all the other school systems that was mention here but I know they are a few that goes to Boyd Co. but I don't know the numbers for sure but I do know of at least 3 kids that goes to boyd. As for the number of kids going to Johnson Co. I am not sure of either that's just what some one was telling me I really only know of about 3 kids that are going down there but they might be a bunch I just hope that what ever is going on here get's cleaned up in a hurry like I said it's the kids that are missing out.

I think 90% of the moves have been done unrealistically for sports reasons unfortunatly. The High School has had problems but people also for whatever reason think that kids are going to get noticed more at Central and Boyd Co while realistically Lawrence Co has sent way more kids to play college football on scholarship. People in that area transfer all the time but it's not seen on the state level because most people out in the state could care less. It goes in cycles of which schools are getting and which schools are losing kids. I've had many friends transfer away and in for the sole purpose of sports. LC has lost their last two starting QB's the past two years and a HUGE LBer/TE so that's why it's been a hot topic as of late. If you look at somebody like Corey for example (I'll use him because he knows how much I care about him and I think he has the right intentions on moving) I don't think his move was for athletics and that can be seen by the obvious, Pugh is arguably the top QB returning in Eastern KY at Paintsville. The kids leaving will be fine and the kids staying will be fine. In the end all of these are thought out family decisions and it's their business really not ours.

The school system is having problems but a lot of that is also do to the shape Eastern Ky is in right now. We had a thread in the General discussion about the job/drug problems etc right now and possible solutions. The program is in the hands of the most successful coach ever there and a dedicated staff (that has been shorthanded and is about to get help I think). The DAWGS will be fine next year I really think.

 

I agree with your post 100% LC has had there share of transfer's that has came here to play and now we have kids that are going other places to play but like you said all of them isn't for sports I agree about cory but the other one I think was for sports and why I say that is because of his dad . And it is makeing a big deal just because of who these kids are they both are really good player but remember last year when the stevens kid whent to Sheldon Clark they wasn't much said about that and I think he made the right move he was the man up there last year for the cards untill he got hurt I know when we played them last year he was the work horse in the back field and he had a good game that night. But on the other hand when Luke Moore whent to Boyd that's all you heard about that's just because people here thought he hurt us by tranfering well it did hurt but in my book no more then the Stevens kid did by transfering. And from what I have been told LC has two new transfer's here allready and from what I here is that these kids are real players also .Time will tell but I think LC will be just fine with the line that Billy will have this year I think even I good run the ball behind them And yes I too think we have one of the best Coaches in Eastern Ky. GO DAWGS

What's done is done, lets move on. Good luck to the kids that are gone, I wish them the best. For the kids that are still around I would be even more motivated to take pride in being a Bulldog. I have seen with my own eyes the group of kids that are working their tails off and I have also seen how hard the coaches are working this off season. One thing that has really hurt LC is that number of coaches that they have had on staff. I think the new Principal is supporting bringing several new coaches on board which is really needed. LC has been climbing the hill the past few years but I think they are close to turning the corner and getting back to being a legit contender in the Region. There are also a lot of good teams that have been extremley successful in the feeder program there. If somebody there REALLY cares about the program they need to come up with a solution to get on the kids grades at an early age. LC is losing to many kids at the Freshmen level and they have kids in the Middle School that have struggled with grades. If the problem is fixed at the early levels then it usually isn't a problem as they grow older. They need some kind of check system with the athletes at the middle school to keep up with their grades each week. There needs to be rewards and consequences for their grades to promote building a solid foundation for their education. I love the program, the people, the kids and the county! I hope we push to make LC the best all around place it can be and a huge part of that is our football program so I hope the people that have fallen off the waggon come back and support our kids, coaches and families of the team!

  • Author

What kind of offensive line does LC have returning this year?

What kind of offensive line does LC have returning this year?

The line will be very young this season but they are a very good group of young men I went to some JV games last year and they did a really fine job they all had good size and they did what the coaches wanted them to do . I think some of them should have been playing on Friday nights .I don't know all thier names but some of them are the Harles he's a big kid and the webb kid really looked good they have a carter it's not Kyle but he's a good player and the Delong kid will be a senior then thiers Kyle Carter he's a two year starter there's a Patrick kid that has great size and should really be able to step up this year thier's a freshman to be that most likely will see some time on Friday nights his name Ben Perston thiers also the scarberry kid he's a 2 year starter thier's more but I just don't know all there names but I think this line will be better then we had last year. Let's hope.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.