Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Newport Central Catholic 59 Mason County 47

Featured Replies

Was this the Championship game on the Lloyd Tourney? I think that's what I read in the Enquirer?

Was this the Championship game on the Lloyd Tourney? I think that's what I read in the Enquirer?

 

You did read that but it was incorrect.

 

Holy Cross played Bowling Green tonight in the LMIT championship game.

More ace reporting by the Enquirer, who I'm not sure was even aware of this tournament?? Maybe the NCC PR department sent in the article? :D

Any details on the game?

 

Here is the box score:

 

Newport Central Catholic 59

Mason Co. 47

Newport Central Catholic16131515 59

Mason Co.1281611 47

Lloyd Memorial Invitational

Newport Central Catholic (5-3) -- Ryan 6, Bueter 7, McDonald 25, Seibert 2, Hightchew 9, Miller 8, Morse 2.

Mason Co. (7-5) -- Osborne 8, Henry 6, Johnson 15, Chambers 9, Walton 7, Stahl 2.

Read more here: http://www.kentucky.com/2009/12/02/1040329/latest-boys-high-school-basketball.html?appSession=222261637466763&RecordID=11598&PageID=3&PrevPageID=2&cpipage=1&CPIsortType=&CPIorderBy=&cbCurrentRecordPosition=41#storylink=cpy

Wow, McDonald another huge game.

Wow, McDonald another huge game.

 

Best 15 year old basketball player I've seen in No. KY maybe ever.

Derrick Smith would have to be in that discussion, but that isn't an outlandish statement at least since I started paying attention in about 91. Is he 15 or 14 still?

Best 15 year old basketball player I've seen in No. KY maybe ever.

 

How far back can you remember?

Derrick Smith would have to be in that discussion, but that isn't an outlandish statement at least since I started paying attention in about 91. Is he 15 or 14 still?

 

No way he's 14.

McDonald is 15...have watched this kid play for a number of years, not surprised by his success at all! He has a great demeanor about himself on and off the court...doesn't let much bother him...which also plays well into his golf game! Looking forward to watching him continue to grow as a basketball player over the next 3 years.

Late 60's early 70's, I know I'm old.

Late 60's early 70's, I know I'm old.

 

Good enough. I lean towards Dicky.

I'd say the best 15 yr old I ever saw play was Scott Draud or Derrick Smith. I go back probably 30 yrs.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.