Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Newport Central Catholic 59 Mason County 47

Featured Replies

I'd say the best 15 yr old I ever saw play was Scott Draud or Derrick Smith. I go back probably 30 yrs.

Brian O'Connor was awful good as a 15 year old too!

How old was the Hatton kid last year?

No way he's 14.

To clarify the situation I talked to a member of his family and he just turned 15 this fall, so he is a legitimate freshman.

How old was the Hatton kid last year?

 

He was 15 .

Best 15 year-olds/freshman I've seen in NKY ,not including kids currently playing would have to include:

 

Harney from HC, Smith from HHS, Krohman from SK, Glaser from HHS, Haynes from Scott, C. Pouncy from Holmes, to name a few.

Don't remember any of these players averaging 18 PPG as a freshman on the varsity level. I know it's only been 6 or 7 games but it's still remarkable. It's not like NCC has played an all A schedule either.

 

 

 

 

Best 15 year-olds/freshman I've seen in NKY ,not including kids currently playing would have to include:

 

Harney from HC, Smith from HHS, Krohman from SK, Glaser from HHS, Haynes from Scott, C. Pouncy from Holmes, to name a few.

Don't remember any of these players averaging 18 PPG as a freshman on the varsity level. I know it's only been 6 or 7 games but it's still remarkable. It's not like NCC has played an all A schedule either.

 

Not sure what NCC's schedule has to do with anything, but you're right, they've lost to some pretty good teams.

 

As for the player's I mentioned, not sure about their scoring averages, but they were good players on mostly very good teams as freshman.

 

As far as PPG goes, the Haynes kid at Scott scored an awful lot on a regional championship team, and he had by far the least distinguished career of those I mentioned. More to the game than scoring, and it's also best to let these things play out for more than six or seven games.

Yep I'm sure he may garner a few looks now on the scouting report as opposed to before.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.