Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Winton Woods (OH) 77 Covington Catholic 70

Featured Replies

I'm pretty sure the kid from WW #32 was just a Soph. He has some serious skill around the basket. He looks like He would make a good linebacker too.

I'm pretty sure the kid from WW #32 was just a Soph. He has some serious skill around the basket. He looks like He would make a good linebacker too.

 

[TABLE]

[TR]

[TD=class: xl22, width: 41]32[/TD]

[TD=class: xl23, width: 138]Trent, Donald[/TD]

[TD=class: xl22, width: 64]11[/TD]

[TD=class: xl22, width: 137]Forward[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]
  • Author
I'm pretty sure the kid from WW #32 was just a Soph. He has some serious skill around the basket. He looks like He would make a good linebacker too.

 

As TOG pointed out he is a junior but they did start two sophomores.

Clyde, Do you remember why they called Jack ( BING ) ?

 

We always called him BINGO not BING????

  • Author

CincyPrepHoops Corey Albertson

“@TheRecruitScoop: Kwan Cheatham, a '13 PF from Winton Woods (OH), is hearing the most from Xavier, Cincinnati & Central Michigan" Blowin up

Kwan Cheatham of Winton Woods is indeed a player. 31 points on 7/9 2pt, 3/6 from beyond the arch and 8/8 from the charity. BTW I would take Cheatham in a heart beat over the gentlemen from PC and Campbell County and he is only a junior. Oh and he is at least 6"8'....

 

CovCath beats WW from the floor going 26/57 with 6 trey's but gets beat from the free throw line getting only to shoot 14 FT while making 12 of them, while WW went 22/28 and no, I am not complaining at all about the stripes, they did a good job as it was an outstanding game to watch....

 

Nick Ruthsatz 24

Zack Tobler 17

Ryan Hayden 11

 

CovCath 17-14-12-27..70

WintonW 17-18-17-25..77

 

 

CovCath Freshmen won their game and now stand 9-0 on the season with a 54-34 victory over Winton Woods.

 

Matthew Shumate 15 points

Bo Schuh 12 points 11 rebounds

Sam Murrer 8 points

 

CovCath..20-6-17-11...54

Winton... 09-10-05-10..34

 

CovCath JV blows out Winton Woods JV by a score of 61 to 37. CovCath is lead by:

 

13 Ben Heppler

12 Dan Shumate

12 Brian Radcliff

 

CovCath...15-10-17-19...61

Winton W. 15-06-04-12...37

 

Fun night of basketball and thanks to the Winton Woods staff for treating us so well. I will say this: Ohio has a rule that only allows a player to play five quarters of basketball a night and Ohio teams are limited to just 20 games on the season! Being from Ky, WOW only 20 games a season.......

 

Great to see these two doing well. I talked with Bo's Dad over the summer and he expected him to play JV. Is he getting any time on that level? How big is he now? 6'5" ish?

  • Author
Great to see these two doing well. I talked with Bo's Dad over the summer and he expected him to play JV. Is he getting any time on that level? How big is he now? 6'5" ish?

 

How many Shumates are there? Didn't I watch one play well in the JV game ?

  • Author
Great to see these two doing well. I talked with Bo's Dad over the summer and he expected him to play JV. Is he getting any time on that level? How big is he now? 6'5" ish?

 

I have not seen him playing any JV. I think JV goes about 10 to 12 deep.

Great to see these two doing well. I talked with Bo's Dad over the summer and he expected him to play JV. Is he getting any time on that level? How big is he now? 6'5" ish?

 

As Clyde said, the JV team is deep, very deep and at this point in time Bo needs playing time and he wouldn't get as much on the JV team as on the Freshmen team.

 

Bo reminds me of a former freshmen CovCath player, Randy Noll. Tall, strong, can dribble and can hit the outside shot just as easily as the inside bunnies! Bo isn't nearly as good yet, as the Senior Randy Noll but if Bo works hard at his game..........well......

 

Bo I believe is 6'5" or a tad smaller but remember, he is just a Freshmen.....and has a strong future ahead of him.

 

Both the JV and Frosh teams at CovCath are strong, and it will be a ton of fun when the current 10th, 9th and the upcoming 8th grade teams merge one day!

 

The Shumate boys are cousins.....

 

Daniel Shumate is a Junior and dresses for the Varsity but asked to play down to get playing time, as did Drew Baker, Andrew Schult and a few others over the years at CovCath, it helped them a ton in their senior years.

 

Matthew Shumate is a Freshmen and I believe is the leading or second leading scorer on the Freshmen team. The kid can indeed shoot the ball.

Whats up with Ruthsatz' shorts? Seriously...showing the knees went out back in 99'. lol

Whats up with Ruthsatz' shorts? Seriously...showing the knees went out back in 99'. lol

 

Every good player needs a trademark. I see the trend growing.

  • Author
Whats up with Ruthsatz' shorts? Seriously...showing the knees went out back in 99'. lol

 

It's his thing. You should have seen the practice shorts he wore in a scrimmage.

Sure would have liked seeing the Shumate boys playing for their uncle!

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.