Fantasy Team Expectations

I've been doing the Start/Sit threads for 3-4 weeks. I've hit on some and missed on some. This past week there were some questions about what I expected to get from certain players. So let's talk about expectations.

Using the standard basic scoring, what do you expect from your team each week? 80-90 points? 90-100+?

What makes and elite fantasy player? 15+ point average?

What do you expect from the non-elite players? 8+?

My expectations are pretty high. I want my team to average in the high 90's.

QB = 12-17

RB = 12-15

WR = 10-12

TE = 8-10

K = 10-12

Def = 8-10

I know, I know, the list above doesn't add up to 90+. Depending on the league and number of teams, you're pretty much guaranteed to get 2 elite players that should exceed the above expectations. If I only got 17 from Aaron Rodgers, I'd be a little disappointed. Brees, Brady same thing. Adrian Peterson, Ray Rice, Chris Johnson(before this year), Arian Foster etc... I want 20+ from each of my elite players. I'm not going to get that every week, but more times than not I will.

So what are your expectations? Will you sacrifice at a certain position to get an elite at another position?

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What I want from elite players.

20+ from QB's

17+ from RB's

15+ from WR's

7+ from TE's

7+ from D/ST

K-who cares!!!!!

I have employed many different strategies. I like the elite QB, 2 elite WR's strategy. Especially nowadays when there are fewer and fewer elite RB's to choose from. Injuries can make any strategy look bad though(Andre Johnson......smh).

I've been doing the Start/Sit threads for 3-4 weeks. I've hit on some and missed on some. This past week there were some questions about what I expected to get from certain players. So let's talk about expectations.

Using the standard basic scoring, what do you expect from your team each week? 80-90 points? 90-100+?

QB = 12-17

RB = 12-15

WR = 10-12

TE = 8-10

K = 10-12

Def = 8-10

I know, I know, the list above doesn't add up to 90+. Depending on the league and number of teams, you're pretty much guaranteed to get 2 elite players that should exceed the above expectations. If I only got 17 from Aaron Rodgers, I'd be a little disappointed. Brees, Brady same thing. Adrian Peterson, Ray Rice, Chris Johnson(before this year), Arian Foster etc... I want 20+ from each of my elite players. I'm not going to get that every week, but more times than not I will.

So what are your expectations? Will you sacrifice at a certain position to get an elite at another position?

League scoring is so inconsistent it's hard to put a # on it. My goal when drafting is to try to get an elite QB, RB, TE and WR. Pretty hard to do. I picked 6th in a ten person league and achieved my goal except at QB. Megatron, Foster and Witten, with Stafford and Schaub at QB. I've had pretty good results from that group.

I have some stellar RB's. If I don't get 20+ with Matt Forte or Fred Jackson then I am pretty upset, especially since they are very involved in the passing game too usually.

I expect 100+ out of my team in my money league this year. We've met that 5 out of 7 times, but still won the other two.

I almost always sacrifice at TE. Got Pettigrew late in the BGP league, luckily he's been playing pretty well.

This is the first year I've used a defense by committee and that seems to work fo rme better than sticking with one team in the past, although I had the Eagles when their D was nasty a few years.

I've been doing the Start/Sit threads for 3-4 weeks. I've hit on some and missed on some.

I've been pretty silent on your start/sit threads. I wanted to see where you went with them and how you did. I have to say for someone who knows more than most of us, you don't really show it on your predictions. I want to see less obvious start and sits. Starting Wes Welker or sitting Tashard Choice is pretty much a no brainer. I want to hear about and discuss the middle of the pack guys.

So let's talk about expectations.

QB = 12-17

RB = 12-15

WR = 10-12

TE = 8-10

K = 10-12

Def = 8-10

I'm pretty much on par with your expectations. Golden score for me is anything over 110. Elite to me is 20+ average per week. When I draft I want my players to be 10+ from each position and that includes my kicker and defense.

K-who cares!!!!!

I had a guy in another league who used to think the same thing. But all positions are important. While there may only be a 2-5 point difference in average from the Top 5 to the Bottom 5, it can make a big impact on the outcome of the week. I don't subscribe to the theory that you can wait until the last round to draft a kicker.

What I want from elite players.

20+ from QB's

17+ from RB's

15+ from WR's

7+ from TE's

7+ from D/ST

K-who cares!!!!!

I have employed many different strategies. I like the elite QB, 2 elite WR's strategy. Especially nowadays when there are fewer and fewer elite RB's to choose from. Injuries can make any strategy look bad though(Andre Johnson......smh).

You expect to score 120 a week in a standard league?

I had a guy in another league who used to think the same thing. But all positions are important. While there may only be a 2-5 point difference in average from the Top 5 to the Bottom 5, it can make a big impact on the outcome of the week. I don't subscribe to the theory that you can wait until the last round to draft a kicker.

At the end of the year they even out. The difference won't be much more than 1-2 points a game. Kickers are pointless. You can get one on waivers pretty much every week that will be just as good as what you have.

I've been pretty silent on your start/sit threads. I wanted to see where you went with them and how you did. I have to say for someone who knows more than most of us, you don't really show it on your predictions. I want to see less obvious start and sits. Starting Wes Welker or sitting Tashard Choice is pretty much a no brainer. I want to hear about and discuss the middle of the pack guys.

:thumb:

I'd put my "start 'em/sit 'em's up against his any day.